Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Dev question regarding August 5th Job Point Gift List - 1200 point gift

Does the 1200 point gift break the 30s BP reduction cap that's currently provided by BP and BP II reduction gear? I.e. can it bring BP timers down to a 25 second cooldown?
    (10)

I was wondering this myself.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Ponte
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It doesn't break. That gift is really useless and this is reported as in game bugs both in English and JP but square wants to
    (0)

Character
    Ponte
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    wants to avoid fixing it
    (0)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm glad to know that at least it's in the "Accepted Bugs" forum
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ood-Pact-Delay
    (3)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Accepted bugs doesn't mean much, it just means the report is in the correct format and it'll be investigated. It doesn't confirm if it is a bug or not.
    (2)

I'm confused. That Bug Report states that the BP timer could get down to 26/25 seconds, so then the Gift does break the hard caps. It's currently broken though as of the 8/11 update. But I'm still wondering all the items now that have BP II- on them?
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    An official comment on this would be very much appreciated by SMN everywhere as prior to the 1200 point gift it was possible to get BP down to 30 seconds, so this doesn't really help summoner at all.

BP Delay gear caps at a 15 second Reduction
    BP II Delay gear also appears to have that cap but up until this last patch the most BP II delay you could acquire was 3 from the cape and 3 from 119 Glyphic Armor and 5 from the satchet, the 100 job points BP delay reduction is 5 seconds, having 16 didn't reduce it to 29 however. After the patch came out with the 1200 gift, several smn reported a change in how BP delay was being calculated, in other words BP Delay II and the gifts weren't taking from the same pool they were different! Meaning with new gear (the staff and the hexed +1) and the 1200 point gift you could get down to another 3 and 5 for 21 second BP delay which would've been fitting for 1200 job points and getting all that gear.

As is though after the august 11th patch, BP Delay II and Job Point gifts are back to sharing the same cap. Here are reports of that:

The gear to get BP delay down to 30 seconds is relatively easy to obtain for summoner, so it would be a travesty if this job point gift doesn't let us go below 30 second recast, a summoner that spends 16 to 40 hours grinding job points for their job isn't going to have a hard time obtaining this other gear for bp delay, so it is really doing nothing for summoner at all if it doesn't reduce delay further. Can we please have an official statement from SE about if this is a bug or intended? Because it doesn't feel like this was the intention for the 1200 gift at all and more than one person reported before the patch on August 11th it seems to have been working as it should.

Here is an accepted bug report however it is missing some of the information I posted above: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ood-Pact-Delay
    (2)

Character
    Helias
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I just hit 1200 job points and realized I'm still @30 seconds on bloodpact timer. Is there any new info on this? It seems the first tier job gift surpasses the limit, why doesn't this one?
    (1)

That a whole lot of JPs to spend if it doesn't actually move the BP timer lower that 30s. I'm hoping that there will be an answer soon. I'd love to get 25s, it'd help so much with things.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast