Hybrid View

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Dev question regarding August 5th Job Point Gift List - 1200 point gift

Does the 1200 point gift break the 30s BP reduction cap that's currently provided by BP and BP II reduction gear? I.e. can it bring BP timers down to a 25 second cooldown?
    (10)

I was wondering this myself.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Ponte
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It doesn't break. That gift is really useless and this is reported as in game bugs both in English and JP but square wants to
    (0)

Character
    Ponte
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    wants to avoid fixing it
    (0)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm glad to know that at least it's in the "Accepted Bugs" forum
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ood-Pact-Delay
    (3)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Accepted bugs doesn't mean much, it just means the report is in the correct format and it'll be investigated. It doesn't confirm if it is a bug or not.
    (2)

I'm confused. That Bug Report states that the BP timer could get down to 26/25 seconds, so then the Gift does break the hard caps. It's currently broken though as of the 8/11 update. But I'm still wondering all the items now that have BP II- on them?
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    An official comment on this would be very much appreciated by SMN everywhere as prior to the 1200 point gift it was possible to get BP down to 30 seconds, so this doesn't really help summoner at all.

BP Delay gear caps at a 15 second Reduction
    BP II Delay gear also appears to have that cap but up until this last patch the most BP II delay you could acquire was 3 from the cape and 3 from 119 Glyphic Armor and 5 from the satchet, the 100 job points BP delay reduction is 5 seconds, having 16 didn't reduce it to 29 however. After the patch came out with the 1200 gift, several smn reported a change in how BP delay was being calculated, in other words BP Delay II and the gifts weren't taking from the same pool they were different! Meaning with new gear (the staff and the hexed +1) and the 1200 point gift you could get down to another 3 and 5 for 21 second BP delay which would've been fitting for 1200 job points and getting all that gear.

As is though after the august 11th patch, BP Delay II and Job Point gifts are back to sharing the same cap. Here are reports of that:

The gear to get BP delay down to 30 seconds is relatively easy to obtain for summoner, so it would be a travesty if this job point gift doesn't let us go below 30 second recast, a summoner that spends 16 to 40 hours grinding job points for their job isn't going to have a hard time obtaining this other gear for bp delay, so it is really doing nothing for summoner at all if it doesn't reduce delay further. Can we please have an official statement from SE about if this is a bug or intended? Because it doesn't feel like this was the intention for the 1200 gift at all and more than one person reported before the patch on August 11th it seems to have been working as it should.

Here is an accepted bug report however it is missing some of the information I posted above: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ood-Pact-Delay
    (2)

Character
    Ghostbane
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AtrixWolfe View Post
    ... snip...

The gear to get BP delay down to 30 seconds is relatively easy to obtain for summoner, so it would be a travesty if this job point gift doesn't let us go below 30 second recast, a summoner that spends 16 to 40 hours grinding job points for their job isn't going to have a hard time obtaining this other gear for bp delay, so it is really doing nothing for summoner at all if it doesn't reduce delay further. Can we please have an official statement from SE about if this is a bug or intended? Because it doesn't feel like this was the intention for the 1200 gift at all and more than one person reported before the patch on August 11th it seems to have been working as it should.

Here is an accepted bug report however it is missing some of the information I posted above: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ood-Pact-Delay
    Both the ffxiah post and the bug report were from me. While I really really hope it is a bug I have a feeling SE messed up the code and let it get below 30 seconds and then ninja patched it. If they had just said "We broke it, and it wasn't supposed to do that" I would be happy.
    (1)

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost2k4 View Post
    Both the ffxiah post and the bug report were from me. While I really really hope it is a bug I have a feeling SE messed up the code and let it get below 30 seconds and then ninja patched it. If they had just said "We broke it, and it wasn't supposed to do that" I would be happy.
    I wouldn't be too happy with that Why are the gifts BP Delay II? They aren't listed as BP Delay II. If they are BP Delay II category shouldn't it be listed as such? And then what is the use of having them BP Delay gear isn't exactly difficult to acquire and even if it was, aren't 100, 550 and 1200 point gifts supposed to be central for a job and in some cases game changing? Beyond the 100 point gift there is zero reason t have more unless it is separate from bp delay II.

Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    C'mon, seriously. There could have been so many better simple things to give us, hell, some new AoE Damage Blood Pacts, perhaps even other Hybrid Physical/Magical Bloodpacts.
    Either of those would be fine additions to SMN, it really seems odd to me that so many of the pacts have AoE animations and that Karaha-Baruha has a Lunar Cry Weaponskill and it IS AoE!! Like really And another Avatar with a flaming crush type move would really make me feel more happy because using one Avatar with on BP for so much of the time seems silly to me when we're supposed to be about summoning all these different elemental avatars which are situationally useful, instead it seems merit pacts for dmg, pred claws for phys only and flaming crush for hybrid is the 90% of the time what ppl end up having to use. The support end is nice for SMN but our pacts are weak in power because we can stack them so much and we have to have payoffs because of how favor works. It just seems more effort than it is worth a lot of the time and even detrimental to stack a ton of buffs and the ones we have some of the older ones were strong at their time but not so much now.

Decreased timers though would also really help SMN. BST ready timer is what 10 seconds now? They have SEVERAL AoE moves to choose from, and while they can't boast much support capabilities they have very potent debuffs on some pets. So why can BST do damage 3x more than summoner, I thought the gifts were to help with job balance. And if BST only had great AoE capabilities then fine, but their tiger is also able to beat SMN damage on single targets. The worst part is to do the AoE farming you don't need great gear on BST. And BST that spent far less time on their gear and pet acquisition are beating out mythic SMN in Sinister Reign for damage. I know BST has been getting slight nerfs and changes almost every patch, so I feel it will eventually be balanced and I am NOT crying for some huge BST nerf or something. I just feel the game should be relatively balance on jobs, and while you can't make everyone happy it really bothers me there's not any statement on this. I don't know what SE's plan for Summoner is but an official statement about it even if it ends up disappointing would at least set me to rest, might not make me happy but would set me to rest.
    (1)
    Last edited by AtrixWolfe; 08-20-2015 at 12:38 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast