Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Please upvote the topic guys, it won't guarantee replies from the mods but it definitely helps. I have to admit this is really heartbreaking if smn gets 1200 JP and it basically does nothing for the job.
    (3)
    Last edited by AtrixWolfe; 08-19-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Inventory +2? I wouldn't say it does nothing. Thief's 100 and 1200 JP gifts do nothing. Thief's and Dancer's 550 gift actually hurts tp gain by giving them too much dual wield. Sure it's no 80k magic burst death, or +1 to all traits, but it could still be worst.
    (1)

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Inventory +2? I wouldn't say it does nothing. Thief's 100 and 1200 JP gifts do nothing. Thief's and Dancer's 550 gift actually hurts tp gain by giving them too much dual wield. Sure it's no 80k magic burst death, or +1 to all traits, but it could still be worst.
    Ah yes, what would my day be without some relative privation. Sorry but that isn't a valid argument, and jobs with detrimental or non useful 1200 gifts should have justification for doing so. On top of that it was reportedly working before the aug 11th patch.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Saying something isn't a valid argument, isn't a valid argument, because you didn't give any reason why it isn't valid. Also I'm guessing it's not a bug. Don't you find it a little odd that bloodpact delay II just happened to be capped at 15 like blood pact delay? It's almost like when they made it possible to go over 15 they forgot to write in a cap. If it was a ninja fix it's a pretty shady thing to not put it in the patch notes, but my money is on the cap being intentional.
    (0)

Character
    Ghostbane
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AtrixWolfe View Post
    ... snip...

The gear to get BP delay down to 30 seconds is relatively easy to obtain for summoner, so it would be a travesty if this job point gift doesn't let us go below 30 second recast, a summoner that spends 16 to 40 hours grinding job points for their job isn't going to have a hard time obtaining this other gear for bp delay, so it is really doing nothing for summoner at all if it doesn't reduce delay further. Can we please have an official statement from SE about if this is a bug or intended? Because it doesn't feel like this was the intention for the 1200 gift at all and more than one person reported before the patch on August 11th it seems to have been working as it should.

Here is an accepted bug report however it is missing some of the information I posted above: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ood-Pact-Delay
    Both the ffxiah post and the bug report were from me. While I really really hope it is a bug I have a feeling SE messed up the code and let it get below 30 seconds and then ninja patched it. If they had just said "We broke it, and it wasn't supposed to do that" I would be happy.
    (1)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    C'mon, seriously. There could have been so many better simple things to give us, hell, some new AoE Damage Blood Pacts, perhaps even other Hybrid Physical/Magical Bloodpacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    What do you need it for?

If anything, I want an AoE Blood Pact: Rage.
    But nothing ever came of asking for an AoE Blood Pact...

So I said that I wanted Hybrid Elementals, those would make up for the a useless gift we got instead.

Anyways, I'll play along and add my wishlist for SMN Job Point goodies.

Hybrid Spirit Pacts

This is a paragraph about stuff and junk why this is a good idea, blahblah blah, and because Cait Sith was such a disappointment. Also, the Blood Pact Delay -5 Gift from 100 Job Points was rather underwhelming compared to other jobs.

These Hybrid Spirits will only be castable by Lv99 SMN with the prerequisite of um, something which I have no clue of yet. None of the spirits will have a Favor linked to them, similar to current spirits. They will also have a perpetuation cost comparable to Celestial Avatars. The time required to cast a Hybrid Spirit will be equal to Avatars and not Spirits.

The Hybrid Spirits would behave similarly to the current Elemental Spirits, when engaged, they will cast offensive spells when they have been assaulted on a target or auto-assaulted due to aggro. The spells would be based on their element type and the tiers would scale up to V and they will also cast area of effect spells (-aja). Differing from typical Spirits, when passive, these will cast Enhancing Black and White Magic spells on themselves. Another distinguishing feature compared to typical Spirits, these hybrids will use Blood Pacts based on the actual hybrids' abilities. Hybrid Spirits will not have any Ward based Blood Pacts. Under the effect of Astral Flow, they will not gain additional Blood Pacts.

Baelfyr Spirit
    Light/Fire

When passive this spirit will work similarly to the current Light Spirit, due to it's tendency to cast spells randomly such as Protect V and Shell V, Curaga V, Haste II, and MAYBE even Regen V (Although I suppose Regen II should suffice). Those enhancing spells will have priority over the following spells:

Enlight, Enfire, Blaze Spikes, Stoneskin, Blink, Aquaveil

The following offensive spells will be cast at random when assaulted on an enemy target:

Banishga III, Dia III, Banish IV
    Burn, Addle, Fire V, Firaga III, Firaja, Flare II

The two following Blood Pact: Rage will be exclusive to the Baelfyr Spirit only:

Blinding Fulgor - 15' Area Light damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Flash
    Searing Tempest - 15' Area Fire damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: 25 HP Burn

Byrgen Spirit
    Dark/Earth

When passive this spirit will cast the following enhancing spells on itself:

Endrain, Enstone, Dread Spikes, Stoneskin

The following offensive spells will be cast at random when assaulted on an enemy target:

Sleepga II, Bio III, Stun, Dispel, Drain II, Aspir II, all Absorb spells
    Rasp, Slow II, Break/Petrify, Stone V, Stonega III, Stoneja, Quake II

The two following Blood Pact: Rage will be exclusive to the Byrgen Spirit only:

Tenebral Crush - 15' Area Dark damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Knockback
    Entomb - 15' Area Earth damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Petrify

Gefyrst Spirit
    Water/Ice

Enwater, Enblizzard, Aquaveil, Ice Spikes

Drown, Poison III, Water V, Waterga III, Waterja, Flood II
    Frost, Paralyze II, Blizzard V, Blizzaga III, Blizzaja, Freeze II

The two following Blood Pact: Rage will be exclusive to the Gefyrst Spirit only:
    '2
    Spectral Floe - 15' Area Water damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Terror
    Scouring Spate - 15' Area Ice damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Paralyze

Ungeweder Spirit
    Wind/Thunder

Enaero, Enthunder, Blink, Shock Spikes

Silence, Choke, Gravity II, Aero V, Aeroga III, Aeroja, Tornado II
    Shock, Stun, Thunder V, Thundaga III, Thundaja, Burst II

The two following Blood Pact: Rage will be exclusive to the Ungeweder Spirit only:

Silent Storm - 15' Area Wind damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Gravity and Silence
    Anvil Lightning - 15' Area Thunder damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Stun

The names of the the aforementioned abilities and the additional effects are based on observations from playing with Escalents in Yorcia Skirmish II. The enemy Hybrid Elementals in game use their special ability attacks when enough TP has been accumulated, the Hybrid Spirits will however be able to use the abilities through the use of Blood Pact Rage. The amount of damage dealt would be modified by TP and by the Summoner's equipment, for example Pet: MAB+, Blood Pact Damage+, and Avatar: TP Bonus. On the contrary, the duration of the additional effects will be based on Summoning Skill and Pet: Magic Accuracy+ on the Summoner's Equipment.

As previously mentioned, all spells would be cast randomly by the Spirit, summoning skill affect "the spirit's AI and will shorten time between spells casts" just like current spirits. All Blood Pacts will have the same MP cost of... 250? MP, except when under the effect of Apogee. All Blood Pacts will (not?) have skill chain properties.
    But then I was told No.

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings!

Thanks for all the job point categories and Gifts ideas! I'd like to comment on a couple of them based on information I received from the development team.

Similar to encumbered and other ailments that are difficult to manage, we designed charm and amnesia so that the effect durations are short or you can out right dodge them. With that said, the dev. team has no plans to add spells that would remove these enfeebling effects.

Unfortunately, the development team does not have any plans to implement these kind of spirits for summoner.

These special weapon skills are not available for every type of weapon, so unlocking these for non-campaign use would be unfair to players who do not use these particular weapons. As such we would like to keep these weapon skills as they are currently.
    (1)
    Last edited by Garota; 08-19-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Saying something isn't a valid argument, isn't a valid argument, because you didn't give any reason why it isn't valid. Also I'm guessing it's not a bug. Don't you find it a little odd that bloodpact delay II just happened to be capped at 15 like blood pact delay? It's almost like when they made it possible to go over 15 they forgot to write in a cap. If it was a ninja fix it's a pretty shady thing to not put it in the patch notes, but my money is on the cap being intentional.
    Other jobs having bad 1200 JP gifts doesn't justify our literally 0 use JP gift.

It means a lot 1200 JP gifts need fixing.
    (2)

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost2k4 View Post
    Both the ffxiah post and the bug report were from me. While I really really hope it is a bug I have a feeling SE messed up the code and let it get below 30 seconds and then ninja patched it. If they had just said "We broke it, and it wasn't supposed to do that" I would be happy.
    I wouldn't be too happy with that Why are the gifts BP Delay II? They aren't listed as BP Delay II. If they are BP Delay II category shouldn't it be listed as such? And then what is the use of having them BP Delay gear isn't exactly difficult to acquire and even if it was, aren't 100, 550 and 1200 point gifts supposed to be central for a job and in some cases game changing? Beyond the 100 point gift there is zero reason t have more unless it is separate from bp delay II.

C'mon, seriously. There could have been so many better simple things to give us, hell, some new AoE Damage Blood Pacts, perhaps even other Hybrid Physical/Magical Bloodpacts.
    Either of those would be fine additions to SMN, it really seems odd to me that so many of the pacts have AoE animations and that Karaha-Baruha has a Lunar Cry Weaponskill and it IS AoE!! Like really And another Avatar with a flaming crush type move would really make me feel more happy because using one Avatar with on BP for so much of the time seems silly to me when we're supposed to be about summoning all these different elemental avatars which are situationally useful, instead it seems merit pacts for dmg, pred claws for phys only and flaming crush for hybrid is the 90% of the time what ppl end up having to use. The support end is nice for SMN but our pacts are weak in power because we can stack them so much and we have to have payoffs because of how favor works. It just seems more effort than it is worth a lot of the time and even detrimental to stack a ton of buffs and the ones we have some of the older ones were strong at their time but not so much now.

Decreased timers though would also really help SMN. BST ready timer is what 10 seconds now? They have SEVERAL AoE moves to choose from, and while they can't boast much support capabilities they have very potent debuffs on some pets. So why can BST do damage 3x more than summoner, I thought the gifts were to help with job balance. And if BST only had great AoE capabilities then fine, but their tiger is also able to beat SMN damage on single targets. The worst part is to do the AoE farming you don't need great gear on BST. And BST that spent far less time on their gear and pet acquisition are beating out mythic SMN in Sinister Reign for damage. I know BST has been getting slight nerfs and changes almost every patch, so I feel it will eventually be balanced and I am NOT crying for some huge BST nerf or something. I just feel the game should be relatively balance on jobs, and while you can't make everyone happy it really bothers me there's not any statement on this. I don't know what SE's plan for Summoner is but an official statement about it even if it ends up disappointing would at least set me to rest, might not make me happy but would set me to rest.
    (1)
    Last edited by AtrixWolfe; 08-20-2015 at 12:38 AM.

Character
    Ghostbane
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I wouldn't be too happy with that Why are the gifts BP Delay II? They aren't listed as BP Delay II.
    So happy probably wasn't the right word choice. I would just like to know an answer one way or another more than anything. The constant state of not knows is the worst part. If the gifts are BP Delay II then they really should be reworded as such too. Hopefully a dev will comment before September when the next version update is supposed to drop. =)
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    BST ready timer is what 10 seconds now?
    The response to the -5 ready shield leads me to believe that SE doesn't want bst to have a 10 second ready timer. They just didn't think they needed to cap it because they didn't think anyone would use charmer's merlin still, and underestimated its value. Once they saw how powerful 10 second timers were, it was too late and it was such a crucial part of popular strategies now that capping it would cause a riot. So instead they are trying to get bst to give up the 10 second timer by other means. And like how they don't want ready timers under 15 second, half of the original timer, they don't want bloodpacts under 30, half of the original timer.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast