Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Hey Urat,

Apologies for the confusion, the Rao set should say “Augments Martial Arts”.

We’ve gone ahead and adjusted the previous chart that I posted so that it more clearly represents the bonus effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    The effect is the same as other "Enhances 'Martial Arts' effect" equipment. We've edited the post to correct the effect.

Sorry for the confusion that was caused by the incorrect effect being listed previously!
    This is confusing.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's really not. It does what every other Martial Arts thing does and lowers the delay of hand to hand attacks. Example, if your hand to hand is 280, and you have 2 pieces of the set on your delay is lowered by 8 to 272.
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    It's really not. It does what every other Martial Arts thing does and lowers the delay of hand to hand attacks. Example, if your hand to hand is 280, and you have 2 pieces of the set on your delay is lowered by 8 to 272.
    Look at the bold part of the quotes.

and then look at what he was replying to:

Quote Originally Posted by Urat View Post
    Dear Grekumah, I posted this on the JP post and will post it on here.

The set bonus for the Rao set+1 is listed as "Augments Martial Arts" instead of "Enhances Martial Arts"

You posted here "Martial Arts+"

Traditionally effects that said "Augments _____" Would apply a special effect to said JA/Trait.

IE "Augments Triple Attack" Would make triple attacks do double damage occasionally.

Whereas "Enhances Triple attack" would just add Triple attack+%

Martial Arts+ is very ambiguous, is this literally martials arts+20 for the 5 set bonus for the Rao set?

Or is it something else? Please verify this, it is very very important and could mean the difference in the armor set being good or bad.
    (0)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Ok, I vote SE should maybe add "Change the Rao+1 set to say "Enhances Martial Arts" instead of "Augments Martial Arts"" to their to-do list, so as to be less confusing for players.

Its current text is awkward and confusing for us English players.

Thank you for your responses and thank you for clearing everything up, we, the playerbase, thank you a LOT for this. A lot of crafters were worried about the set bonuses and we now have our worries taken care of.

Take care!
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urat View Post
    No desynth for nq.
    I think it would be a fantastic idea to add a desynth.
    Let me give a couple examples:
    Bewitched Dalmatica:
    NQ: Behemoth Leather
    HQ1: Eschite Ore
    HQ2: Siren's Macrame
    HQ3: Cursed Dalmatica

Vexed Doublet:
    NQ: Belladonna Sap
    HQ2: Ethereal Squama
    HQ3: Hexed Doublet

I doubt Voodoo/Jinxed increase would be much more than 0.1% of the NQ's desynth'd.
    It should do very little to the quantity of HQ's available but on the other hand, greatly reduce the overflow of NQ's expected while attempting to create those few HQ's.
    (0)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    I think it would be a fantastic idea to add a desynth.
    Let me give a couple examples:
    Bewitched Dalmatica:
    NQ: Behemoth Leather
    HQ2: Siren's Macrame
    HQ3: Cursed Dalmatica

Vexed Doublet:
    NQ: Belladonna Sap
    HQ2: Ethereal Squama
    HQ3: Hexed Doublet

I doubt Voodoo/Jinxed increase would be much more than 0.1% of the NQ's desynth'd.
    It should do very little to the quantity of HQ's available but on the other hand, greatly reduce the overflow of NQ's expected while attempting to create those few HQ's.

No desynth gives a completed armor item (in your example dalmatica and doublet) so don't bother asking for that. More like make the Ethereal Squama the T3.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Even if it did give the completed armor it would be pretty worthless for getting the HQ. If there was a desynth for a vexed doublet I would rather get defiant sweat from it anyway. They should probably do something like make the -1 recipe make the jinxed and lower the NQ recipe so you can have the 1/16 high quality rate if you have capped skill all the items and the Mega Moglification.
    (1)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Even if it did give the completed armor it would be pretty worthless for getting the HQ. If there was a desynth for a vexed doublet I would rather get defiant sweat from it anyway. They should probably do something like make the -1 recipe make the jinxed and lower the NQ recipe so you can have the 1/16 high quality rate if you have capped skill all the items and the Mega Moglification.
    That would make it way too easy. No one would even bother with NQs.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well the status quo is working for me at least. I'm a 110 Alchemist. On Sunday, I had a remarkable stroke of luck and in 1 synth I created Hexed Gages -1 and in the next upgraded them to Jinxed Gages. It wasn't for me but for a stranger who somehow knew about my crafting skill. He was so grateful that he gave me a 10,000,000 gil tip. What are the odds that this would happen the very first time I attempted to synthesize this stuff?
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    That would make it way too easy. No one would even bother with NQs.
    Ethereal Squama jumped to 2 mil on my server once all the augments were found out and has since been climbing up to 2.5 mil. As of right now high qualities aren't feasible to sell. If you aren't the crafter for the item or aren't friends with someone who is you aren't going to get it. The cost of making one piece of +1 Amalric is over half a billion gil. Who is going to pay for that when you could just pay for 3 mythic weapons instead? Making a NQ Amalric costs about 7 mil to make the +1 is 640 mil is the difference between the high quality and the no quality worth the cost of 3 mythic weapons?
    (1)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast