Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    I would imagine because the HQ is so difficult to get that they wanted to reward those who dedicate themselves to obtaining it.
    Is leveling crafting 100+ to create a NQ not enough? It's more like those who are lucky and/or got the gil to blow.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    Is leveling crafting 100+ to create a NQ not enough? It's more like those who are lucky and/or got the gil to blow.
    That's basically how it's been with hqs since forever. People getting lucky/spending lots of gil for that extra bit of stats. Just has fallen somewhat to the wayside since soa with all the ra/ex and other things to throw gil into/get lucky with (I'm looking at you alluvion stones). That and the whole vertical progression discouraged it. So needed a bit of a difference to actually encourage people to shoot for the moon
    (2)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    Leveling to 100+ is very, very easy nowadays. Especially since they made it so you can skillup 10 levels above cap. So no, it is not enough. One shouldn't get the best HQ crafted gear with minimal effort. Otherwise they contribute very little to the economy and become not worth it for crafters to make. The items then quickly become saturated. So basically that would invalidate the entire content update. That being said, the NQ is good gear; for instance go compare an augmented Souveran Cuirass with Tartarus Platemail. If there was no set bonus on the HQ there wouldn't even be this conversation. So like I said, it's just a little reward for those who dedicate themselves to obtaining the HQ.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You know what's going to become saturated? The NQ items. Right now you can probably make a profit on the NQ items because they are new. However once people start going after the HQ versions the market will be flooded with NQ and their price will plummet. This will cause the selling price of HQ to sky rocket because crafters need to make back the money they lost on NQ, then tack on ever more to the price to make it worth the investment. Basically history will repeat itself. Hexed Coifs were vender trash, Hexed Coifs -1 were priceless. Then crafters might even stop all together because a better use of their time would be to do salvage, skirmish, or dynamis to make gil. This system in place now is just not sustainable.

Putting in a desynth recipe that would give back the hexed or cursed item would help prevent this. HQs would still cost a lot more than NQs because of all the extra Eschite Ore and delve items, but it wouldn't cost an insane amount more as the crafter would lose less items from the events people don't do anymore.
    (2)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Wow, I was just making the comparison between the NQ and HQ (including with augments and stat bonuses) and the difference is big. That really sucks.
    (1)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    I'd like to share information regarding the upgraded abjuration gear.

Each set of new abjuration gear has an equipment set bonus effect. The effect will take place when equipping 2 or more pieces of the same set of gear, and can be maximized by equipping the full set. Please use the following as reference when selecting your gear.
    *Combination effects will only take effect with HQ gear.
    Dear Grekumah, I posted this on the JP post and will post it on here.

The set bonus for the Rao set+1 is listed as "Augments Martial Arts" instead of "Enhances Martial Arts"

You posted here "Martial Arts+"

Traditionally effects that said "Augments _____" Would apply a special effect to said JA/Trait.

IE "Augments Triple Attack" Would make triple attacks do double damage occasionally.

Whereas "Enhances Triple attack" would just add Triple attack+%

Martial Arts+ is very ambiguous, is this literally martials arts+20 for the 5 set bonus for the Rao set?

Or is it something else? Please verify this, it is very very important and could mean the difference in the armor set being good or bad.
    (0)

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'd like to share information regarding the upgraded abjuration gear.
    This is awesome thanks for sharing this! I was wondering if there is any way we could have some other things which are very very hard to test revealed to us since you guys are willing to do this, it would be awesome.

Set bonuses on Empyrean Gear with Number Equipped can be very difficult to test and I was wondering if we could have a table like this for Empyrean Reforged gear too! Please!

Two more things have been very difficult to test by the community and neither the JP or NA wiki's list anything for many of the Favors and you did this for COR Rolls so I was wondering if you could reveal the potency of Avatar's Favor by tier? Especially for things like Magic Accuracy (Leviathan's Favor) which are very hard to test, it would be great to know the favor potency based on skill and progression sort of like how you did for COR Rolls: Corsair Rolls Mod Post

The last that is extremely hard to test that I have ran into in the community is for Ranger, once before you have commented that Snapshot is 70% cap, however it is unclear how Velocity Shot interacts with Snapshot. Does it share the same 70% Cap as snapshot or does it count differently from Snapshot? For all the same reasons knowing the values of Flurry and Flurry II and how they interact with Snapshot is also very hard to test. It is also uncertain the tiers of Rapidshot (it seems to work like conserve MP where it has a chance to proc and a random delay reduction but the reductions that can take place are hard to quantify) and how they interact with snapshot and velocity shot (it is theorized that rapid shot over certain delay will overtake snapshot if the delay is less but this is again difficult to determine for certain). Knowing these would really help RNG, COR and any other job using Ranged Weapons. I have asked these questions to the community for a long time with no definite answers, only what I have posted here.

I understand that is a lot of info to request and appreciate any information you can give, thank you.
    (2)
    Last edited by AtrixWolfe; 08-14-2015 at 06:41 AM.

Hey Urat,

Apologies for the confusion, the Rao set should say “Augments Martial Arts”.

We’ve gone ahead and adjusted the previous chart that I posted so that it more clearly represents the bonus effects.
    (0)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Hey Urat,

Apologies for the confusion, the Rao set should say “Augments Martial Arts”.

We’ve gone ahead and adjusted the previous chart that I posted so that it more clearly represents the bonus effects.
    What...What is the "augments" part? D: D: D:

Do we gotta figure this one out for our own? Thank you for your help so far! We really appreciate it!
    (0)

The effect is the same as other "Enhances 'Martial Arts' effect" equipment. We've edited the post to correct the effect.

Sorry for the confusion that was caused by the incorrect effect being listed previously!
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast