Odin
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Skipped Rhapsody of Vanadiel Missions?

Platform: Windows 7 (64-bit)
    ISP: Time Warner Cable
    Type of Internet Connection: Broadband
    Internet Connection Speed: 30mb/s
    Date & Time: 8/5/2015 (Noticed at 7:15pm EST)
    Frequency: Unknown
    Character Name: Rosalyne
    Race: Mithra
    World: Odin
    Main Job: Corsair 99
    Support Jobancer
    Area and Coordinates: N/A (Tested in all Mission areas)
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: None

Steps:
    Hey there! I just updated the game today and trying to unlock the Rhapsody of Vanadiel missions, only to find out the following missions were already completed when I logged on for the first time:

1-3-7 Ring my Bell
    2-1-1 Crashing Waves
    2-2-1 Call to Serve
    2-2-2 Numbering Days
    2-2-3 Inescapable Binds
    2-2-4 Desert Winds

I am currently on Mission 2-3-1 Ever Forward, but I know for a fact that I have not done any quest after Chapter 2 and not have received any of the rewards for completing the missions.

Checking the trigger for the current mission (Ever Forward) reveals the the "Gate is firmly closed...", but checking the trigger for the last mission I know I was on (Ring my Bell) does nothing either.

The only thing I've done since I've installed the update was Treasures of Aht Urghan Missions 4 (Knight of Gold) - Mission 11 (Imperial Schemes) and Wings of the Goddess Missions leading up to Mission 3 (Cait Sith).

I was going to call a GM on the matter but I no longer see the option under the help desk.

I did not notice this initially when I logged on, knowing I would have to have some progress in the missions in order to be able to unlock RoV missions. I only found out on the missions when I had to wait a in-game day and decided to do the CoP portion of RoV.

Update:

I messed around a bit after the update and found out something even stranger. It turns out that even more missions were skipped after the update patch. I had gotten the cutscene trigger for what I assumed was RoV 2-3-1 "Ever Forward" (to see if somehow it was fixed) and it was. So I logged off and that was that.

After logging back on to do the current event, I found out that the cutscene was not for "Ever Forward" but instead was the cutscene for RoV 2-3-2 "The Endless Sky". Meaning I have somehow skipped more missions.

In addition: I have not gotten ANY rewards for those missions. I do not have Cipher: Tenzen II, Cipher: Prishe II or Cipher: Nashmeira II. Nor do I have the ability to view cutscenes for Chains of Promathia or Treasures of Aht Urghan.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rosalyne; 08-12-2015 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Added Template

Character
    Rosalyne
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Here a screen shot of the completed missions that I didn't technically complete. I don't know if it helps but I figure any little bit might work.
    (0)

Character
    Drakenbaun
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I have the same problem. I zoned into N. Sandoria this morning and got a RoV CS. I checked my missions log and I was on mission 2-3-2 "The Endless Sky". I had been on Ring My Bell prior to the update and haven't done any RoV missions since then.
    Since the update I have done the the tail end of the CoP missions including Dawn as well as starting the ToAU missions. I was on ToAU mission 12 when it happened. I have zoned into N. Sandoria several times since the update and I know the skip happened sometime after starting ToAU missions.
    (0)

Character
    Maurauc
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I know that this has happened to one of my characters, which I believe has locked them out of being able to get the Trusts Prishe II and Tenzen II. I have tried watching the relevant cutscenes again, but had no luck. I don't mind too much the skipped missions (as you can watch those in towns and at goblins), but the missing trusts are annoying.
    (0)

Character
    Lordesequiel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I have the same issue, it has skipped uncertain destinations for me, meaning i need to complete WoTG to progress. I hope it is fixed tomorrow.
    (0)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I'm having the same problem. I started the very first Chapter 2 mission and now I'm suddenly on "Reunited" without having done any of the preceding missions. I, too, am unable to obtain any of the trusts except Nashmeira II (whoop-de-doo).

I started doing ToA missions recently and as soon as I tried to get the CS for "Guests Of The Empire", I got the CS for "Reunited" first and then was able to get the CS for the above-stated mission.
    (0)
    Last edited by radarbabyeater; 08-10-2015 at 08:31 AM.

Character
    Vreid
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I have this issue on one character. It completely skipped the cutscenes with Tenzen and Prishe. I think this might be an issue with ToAU missions. I was purposefully avoiding RoV, because I had gathered (from shouts), that you needed the expansions done first. I didn't want to progress slowly through RoV, so I decided I might as well start completing the expansions first. I had both Zilart and CoP done on this character. I was doing ToAU, got some RoV related CS I suppose cause I didn't know what was going on. I was able to get Nashmeira II from a CS, while doing ToAU. But I did not get Tenzen II or Prishe II. If I am not able to get those trusts on this character at all, I'm going to be pretty angry. I pay a monthly fee for this game, and if I get certain content locked out due to some stupid glitch, that's frustrating. Is there any way to get the trusts? I was able to view the cutscene with Prishe that was skipped by talking to a bard in Port Jeuno.
    (0)

Character
    Rosalyne
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    With the update, I was able to continue on with the RoV progress (the event cutscene triggered) but it also seems like I missed out on the Tenzen II and Prishe II ciphers. Any feedback on how to get these would be appreciated.
    (0)

Character
    Caucxican
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I had the same exact thing happen to me, but it autocompleted RoV 2-1 and 2-2 when I completed Treasures of Aht Urghan Mission 1. All I had done for RoV was finish Chapter 1 before the new patch and talked to gilgamesh after the patch (the part where he says to go to deklfutt tower). Is my story similar to anyone elses?

This really sucks because I wanted to experience that content myself. Missing out on two trusts makes it worse. I hope they can roll us back to the correct quest.

Edit to correct myself: My mistake. It happened after completing Mission 7. Also, I see there is a post in "Known Issues" about mission 4 "Knight of Gold"
    (0)
    Last edited by Caucxican; 08-11-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Character
    Rosalyne
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caucxican View Post
    I had the same exact thing happen to me, but it autocompleted RoV 2-1 and 2-2 when I completed Treasures of Aht Urghan Mission 1. All I had done for RoV was finish Chapter 1 before the new patch and talked to gilgamesh after the patch (the part where he says to go to deklfutt tower). Is my story similar to anyone elses?

This really sucks because I wanted to experience that content myself. Missing out on two trusts makes it worse. I hope they can roll us back to the correct quest.

Edit to correct myself: My mistake. It happened after completing Mission 7. Also, I see there is a post in "Known Issues" about mission 4 "Knight of Gold"
    Myself, as well as a few players on my server and in this thread have mentioned the same issue. At this point, I would not recommend anyone to do any missions for Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urghan, Wings of the Goddess or Rhapsody of Vana'diel if they interested in the story or rewards for Rhapsody of Vana'diel. At least until they make an announcement that they fixed it. It's disappointing that we lost the chance for some pretty cool Ciphers, but it would be even worse if we lost the chance at the Key Items.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast