Player

Is windower allowed?

I was doing some research how to play FFXI in windowed mode and heard about something called "windower" which allows u to play in windowed mode and have bigger macros! I remember having to press like 5 keys to change gear sometimes so this "windower" thing sounds cool, but I wanted to come to the official SE forums and ask if this is allowed before I start using it.

I'm a legit player who never cheats and I never hack or anything. That's why I want to know if this is ok. If you guys tell me it's not ok, then I will NOT use it.

Thoughts?
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    It's difficult, I would say that they're not fans of people discussing it publicly, it is a 3rd party program after all and is officially against the rules but windower, the plugins and addons don't do anything nefarious and just enhance the playing experience. It's an odd situation really as if SE wanted to ban people who use windower they could but that would wipe out a majority of the PC player base.

I would love an SE representative to come out and say basically "We know you use windower, just keep it to yourself and don't develop/use anything that alters the game mechanics".
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Implement a "don't ask, don't tell" policy?

Windower is a 3'rd party tool. It is not ok to use it. If you get caught using it you will get suspended and or perma-banned.
    (1)

Player
    Thank you guys for your answers. I thought it might be a slightly taboo subject but I also knew coming to this forum would get me the straightforward and safest answer I could get.

I discovered, and decided just to use, the built in FFXI config to play FFXI in windowed mode. No need for windower if it's Taboo. I did ok for years with out windower so I'll do ok with out it now. Thanks a lot.
    (1)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If you haven't used it for years don't bother to start. Who knows how long it will be supported and if SE decides to ban against it. It just doesn't seem worth it if you were playing just fine without it imo.
    (0)