Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Is it a higher dps potential though? The magic burst way of doing things seems like a lot more damage than any melee could put out. Jug pets are about on par with melee damage, but bsts do pretty well without needing pld tanks.
    Hard to say It's certainly superior dps to other ranged strategies though... I don't think the new bonuses for magic bursting were completely quantified... it's also rather well bursty so like short fights where you can basically end it in a single skillchain MB yeah I doubt anything will compare to that. Longer fights it probably still is best until the sch starts running out of charges but might depend on how well/quickly go from skillchain to skillchain and still MB. Doing that quickly with little pause between and consistently actually does require a bit of skill/coordination. And of course mileage will vary by mob. Like does it have high eva/meva mdb dts and then even player things like if it has strong debuffs can you bring a 2nd geo etc.
    (3)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-03-2015 at 04:23 AM.

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I'm curious to your idea of "evening" as a 20 second timer would basically put jugs at a max 1k dps assuming capped acc/pdif with averages being much lower. I'm really curious who actually thinks that's a lot of dmg since ilvl was introduced?
    Didn't you say they did this already when I said they do 8~15k dmg every 10s? Listen, I'm not gonna be arguing with you in two threads on a subject I couldn't care less about. It's obvious you are just trolling at this point or trying to put up a front to make things seem different. I'm content with SE's adjustment, blame them not me. I'm just gonna ignore these threads as I don't care to discuss BST.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Actually that was when you said 10k moves every 10s. Which is a somewhat fair average with medium support. For this I was doing the max dmg with capped pdif acc (well I assumed 100% acc but close enough) at 20s then compared it to what a DD job that doesn't even get used anymore can do in similarly buffed fashion. But sure call it trolling. I can't wait for the next edition of people keep using a ranged job therefore it needs to be nerfed brought to you by the real troll here. My money is on smn but who knows they are buffing lolpup and the ranged dmg is actually not horrible (melee dmg is seriously stupid though 250-300 hits on lvl 1 mobs it's like I'm lvl 75 again). Maybe rng strats will be a bigger thing again!!! Just hope it isn't one of the jobs that I actually play for events when being serious. bst was mostly just an easy way to multibox without sucking... and farming jps almost as fast as againg stuff. But they wont ever nerf pld and pretty sure I'm going to be stuck on that for awhile now...
    (3)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-03-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Character
    Raborn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I like using single axe and shield, I know people may think its bad but in all honesty I enjoy it. Did so much exping as /nin back in the day and having 2 weapons its boring to me now.
    Anyways Idea for a shield for BST:
    DEF: 35
    Spur+ 15
    Fencer+ 150
    Sic and Ready ability Delay- 5
    Pet: DT- 5%
    Double Attack+4%
    (0)

ooo, thats a 2 year necro bump right there mate lol
    (1)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7