Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    This man hit the nail on the head so hard it went through the other side of the wall. If nerfing BST encourages diversity in DD selection then I'm all for it, if all it does is promote the sole use of another job then it's all a bit meaningless, this is the problem, ignore whether or not BST is OP, what needs to be addressed is whatever is in game that makes people want to have BST as their only DD, we need a situation where if people want to set up a group they just fill with whatever DD/Support/Tank they can get and not have to worry about failing.
    That's what I've been trying to tell people. Before the bst update, people were shouting for nothing but relic RNG for everything but a few delves and that's exactly what they'll do after the bst nerf. If they nerf range, people will use summoner. If they nerf that it will be SCH + BLM skillchain strategies (people already use these a lot on escha). Nobody is ever going to want to do things with front line DDs until SE get's over using these cheap insta-death mechanics.

SE is probably not going to go change all the NMs, but they can adjust player Hit points / defense and resistance to the same effect.
    (5)
    Last edited by bazookatooth; 09-01-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I did the "A Thirst Before Time" quest and got eagle eye shot for over 51k. I can't say I was expecting it to be that high, but still SE is ridiculous with their instant deaths. So basically I needed to know ahead of time I need shadows to not die. Which there is too much of that in this game. There is no suspense anymore, you are alive or you're dead nothing in between. It's ridiculous, pretty much every NM just has some move where they flick their tail and deal double the max hp of every front line in range.
    (2)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabishii View Post
    Except every other person who doesn't want to go level and gear up BST is being forced to stand on the sidelines, because it's the "only" job suited for current content. It's the easiest job to get things done in escha, vagary, sinister reign, etc. No one wants any other melee. One job is being propped up beyond all others because they can do so much insane damage so fast, while staying completely out of range of deadly AoEs. They need to nerf enemy AoEs and status effects, in all honesty. Hell, I'm being forced to spam nuke spells on BLU instead of being able to melee with my Tizona on most things. I'd like to be able to pull out my dual swords and smack things around, but I can't because then I'll die and be useless.
    I think Blue should have to run into AOE range on nuke spells. That would fix the problem. /sarcasm
    (3)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabishii View Post
    Except every other person who doesn't want to go level and gear up BST is being forced to stand on the sidelines, because it's the "only" job suited for current content. It's the easiest job to get things done in escha, vagary, sinister reign, etc. No one wants any other melee. One job is being propped up beyond all others because they can do so much insane damage so fast, while staying completely out of range of deadly AoEs. They need to nerf enemy AoEs and status effects, in all honesty. Hell, I'm being forced to spam nuke spells on BLU instead of being able to melee with my Tizona on most things. I'd like to be able to pull out my dual swords and smack things around, but I can't because then I'll die and be useless.
    If by one job you mean cor, rng, blm, sch, geo, smn, bst and by your own admission nuking on blu then yes "one" job

As far as the melee vs ALL the other sources of ranged dmg I honestly think SEs "answer" to that is all the -macc/+meva debuffs/buffs. Ie geo and rdm and maybe brd on something that is single element
    (2)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-02-2015 at 04:07 AM.

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    If by one job you mean cor, rng, blm, sch, geo, smn, bst and by your own admission nuking on blu then yes "one" job

As far as the melee vs ALL the other sources of ranged dmg I honestly think SEs "answer" to that is all the -macc/+meva debuffs/buffs. Ie geo and rdm and maybe brd on something that is single element
    No, No, NO. You cast nothing but offensive buffs for DDs and if that strategy doesn't work then SE needs to nerf the crap out of a job. Never ever try any other method. That's cheating. /s
    (3)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You say that sarcastically but it actually brings up an important point. Why would players use front line jobs if they need twice the support when they could bring more back line DDs and less support.
    (1)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    You say that sarcastically but it actually brings up an important point. Why would players use front line jobs if they need twice the support when they could bring more back line DDs and less support.
    Because if they don't, then they nerf backline jobs and then they have to do it anyways? See, nerfing back line jobs won't make it any easier. What it will do is make it significantly less likely that those BSTs and RNGs who are doing all the work now will come back and help you when their job is not needed. I for one will be like "I already got the gear and I'm not changing jobs from BST so I can go GEO for you while you whiddle it down...."
    (0)
    Last edited by bazookatooth; 09-02-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    Because if they don't, then they nerf backline jobs and then they have to do it anyways? See, nerfing back line jobs won't make it any easier. What it will do is make it significantly less likely that those BSTs and RNGs who are doing all the work now will come back and help you when their job is not needed. I for one will be like "I already got the gear and I'm not changing jobs from BST so I can go GEO for you while you whiddle it down...."
    What are you even talking about? At no point did I say anything about nerfing any job in that post. I'm going to paraphrase a little, but the way I read things you said that SE forcing bst to be a front line won't work til they fix the problems with front lines and instead people will just do the blm sch strategy. Dasva stated that they think SE's answer to front lines is use more geo. Since answer was in quotation marks I get the feeling Dasva doesn't think it's a good solution. I guess what I was trying to get across is I don't think it's a good solution either, and given the choice people would still just use the blm sch magic burst way of doing things. Seriously what are you trying to argue here? Seems to me that everyone is in agreement.
    (1)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    That guy is extremely volatile, I wouldn't even bother responding to him. He does nothing but insult anyone that has something negative to say against BST, while hiding behind a mule account. You can melee practically any of the content with the right buffs, but someone said it earlier in that it requires extra support that jobs like BST don't need. Delve had strong AOE's yet nobody stopped bringing DD to that, you can do all of them with DD and its some of the fastest methods. RNG setup was used originally but after people got the mechanics they went with DDs as well. The problem is the community is so fixated on BST because its a low skill job that requires bare minimum for it to function above all other DD with the same effort put in. It's a brainless job that of course everyone will bandwagon due to how they can sit out of range laughing at everything while popping healing items for their pets. Forcing them to stay in range makes them susceptible to debuffs and other dangers and will thin out the bandwagon crowd. Well geared and competent BSTs won't be hindered too much by this but it will lower their dmg for sure, which is needed atm.
    (0)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kylani View Post
    I think Blue should have to run into AOE range on nuke spells. That would fix the problem. /sarcasm
    BLU actually has to be closer than any other nuke to do their spells. Our range on our new nuking spells is smaller than most casters and we still get hit with debuffs by most things due to being within 20' range.
    (0)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast