Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I am so depressed by this. I basically came back to the game because BST was finally somewhat useful and now it is going to get nerfed into the ground again.
    (5)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    Do you guys really think that they're gonna let you get in there and melee in any meaningful way? I mean this is SE we're talking about. You know that if they put us on the front line, we are never getting invited to events again right?
    It seems that's the point. BST never competed with DDs or anyone much in a party. Now that BST is taking slots, other jobs want BST out. When other jobs still die to the AOEs, THEN they'll think of ways to beat the content. Has nothing to do with BST except BST is the easier path for once and some folks always want to take the easy road.

I personally don't mind the party stuff as much. I just don't want the job to be made useless again.
    (3)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Ok SE,

Here is a solution to the shield problem. Don't put sic/ready -5 on the shields. Instead, add a job trait that says when single wielding with a shield, when a ready move is executed, give the master -50 dt, an attack/mab boost, and a store-tp effect for a short time. This will not only keep the master alive, but also increase his damage in compensation to loosing -5 recast on sic/ready.
    (1)
    Last edited by Malthar; 08-23-2015 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Spelling correction

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    I dunno, Malthar. If they did that, why not just boost our shield skill in general and give us some kite shields? Kind of like warrior? I think we're fairly similar to them in design and in role, just that we branched into pets rather than enmity and self-buffs.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I am so depressed by this. I basically came back to the game because BST was finally somewhat useful and now it is going to get nerfed into the ground again.
    I thought the BST-nerf of 2005 (making charmable mobs disappearing) was the worst thing ever for Beastmaster, but this news makes me so sad.

I played Beastmaster for 10 years and now that we're finally useful and being asked for in /shouts, we're getting a nerf that is going to hurt us significantly. When will it all end? ( ...in November, I suppose).
    (5)

Character
    Inx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    If SE wants us to melee with our pets, then the recast timer on CB/BA needs to be slashed drastically. Talking 30 secs - 1 min, BA every 5.

Every master death is also death for the pet, so its doubly damaging.
    (4)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Inx View Post
    If SE wants us to melee with our pets, then the recast timer on CB/BA needs to be slashed drastically. Talking 30 secs - 1 min, BA every 5.

Every master death is also death for the pet, so its doubly damaging.
    Even more so since you can't gear defensively for both. On any content where safety in range is a concern I can't see anyone wanting to use bst unless it becomes the best dd. Twice the bodies to keep alive and gear for with half the dt for less dmg than basically any other DD isn't exactly going to work
    (5)

It's really sad that people can't stand to see a job that has never had a place in endgame have it's time to shine
    (6)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Sabishii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    It's really sad that people can't stand to see a job that has never had a place in endgame have it's time to shine
    Except every other person who doesn't want to go level and gear up BST is being forced to stand on the sidelines, because it's the "only" job suited for current content. It's the easiest job to get things done in escha, vagary, sinister reign, etc. No one wants any other melee. One job is being propped up beyond all others because they can do so much insane damage so fast, while staying completely out of range of deadly AoEs. They need to nerf enemy AoEs and status effects, in all honesty. Hell, I'm being forced to spam nuke spells on BLU instead of being able to melee with my Tizona on most things. I'd like to be able to pull out my dual swords and smack things around, but I can't because then I'll die and be useless.
    (3)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabishii View Post
    Except every other person who doesn't want to go level and gear up BST is being forced to stand on the sidelines, because it's the "only" job suited for current content. It's the easiest job to get things done in escha, vagary, sinister reign, etc. No one wants any other melee. One job is being propped up beyond all others because they can do so much insane damage so fast, while staying completely out of range of deadly AoEs. They need to nerf enemy AoEs and status effects, in all honesty. Hell, I'm being forced to spam nuke spells on BLU instead of being able to melee with my Tizona on most things. I'd like to be able to pull out my dual swords and smack things around, but I can't because then I'll die and be useless.
    This man hit the nail on the head so hard it went through the other side of the wall. If nerfing BST encourages diversity in DD selection then I'm all for it, if all it does is promote the sole use of another job then it's all a bit meaningless, this is the problem, ignore whether or not BST is OP, what needs to be addressed is whatever is in game that makes people want to have BST as their only DD, we need a situation where if people want to set up a group they just fill with whatever DD/Support/Tank they can get and not have to worry about failing.
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast