Thread: 1160

Character
    Kaerin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Well for the past 3 days Ive been off work, and all I wanted to do was play this game in my free time. Unfortunately I've had error 1160 all 3 days.... Everything else on my PC works fine, I can watch youtube and twitch, I can play hero's of the storm, etc. It's just FFXI that's broken, so I know it's not my fault.

Three days now and it's still not fixed. I'm deactivating both of my accounts now, this is BS.

http://bucket.bluegartr.com/29be740dc4b114993801018637d746e8.png
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I was having this since about 1am today, this morning it seemed like the issues has stopped but since 3pm it's all started again, my 2nd character just dc'd and when I can get her in the game it just gets stuck on downloading data before getting FFXI-3001. I can seem to full log in my main character but it's normally a struggle.

For the record as mentioned in another thread my ISP is Virgin Media, is yours the same?
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I've had problems getting on since I got disconnected on Thursday night, finally managed to log back in this morning but I've been kicked 3 times already today.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Mine seems to be operational again.
    (0)

Its 2015. I'm not dealing with this on a game I pay $30 a month to play. It is completely unreasonable. Its not even like this is the first time it's happened. I've only been playing again since march of this year, and this is the third time I can think of where I haven't been able to play for several days for no reason.

For the record I live in NE Ohio, like half way between Cleveland and Pittsburgh, and my ISP is a semi-local DSL company named century link I believe.
    (1)

Character
    Neika
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yep, was playing earlier, and my boyfriends account dc'd first and couldn't get back in, then a few minutes later mine went too. Not happy about this. Had a really hard time just getting into the forums too
    (0)

Character
    Rainehx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Has this sporadically over the years with BT, never heard any other isp till now though.

Assuming its the same issue which it seems to be, basically its not SE's problem... the normal routing your ISP takes to japan is overloaded somewhere along the route (normally Singapore for me) and rather than pay more for a stable route the ISP lets it fall back on other far less stable links that are ok for slow loading pages because what are the chances youll visit a jp site that could be effected? but a game? not quite.
    Meaning not only can pol not create a stable connection it will constantly drop out when it does manage to because the chances of 100% loss of packets is very high.

I tested this a lot with tracerts, pings, using other isps other pc's everything, you can to, but a much simpler way
    Try using a free VPN to force another route if pol connects, there you go...sounds like same issue so worth a shot.

I submitted my data to my ISP and asked for it to be forwarded to the network peering/management team to be told one didn't exist(ok?), and that because UK sites are working, my connection is working and to shut up and go away, I felt like I was talking to a 5 year old trying to explain what the internet was... alas nothing.

Many facepalms followed.

After a while I tried without my VPN and things worked again, either the main route was fixed/upgraded or BT stopped using the crappy peering company.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rainehx; 08-05-2015 at 04:44 AM.