Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Nukes!!!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    outside of leveling pre level 24, when has it EVER been better to wear 1 dagger or sword on BLU, THF, or DNC???? NEVER.
    I take umbridge with the word "EVER" in this sentence, Blu/Thf, Blu/Rdm, Blu/War and even Blu/Whm and later Sch curing with a staff were all reasonably frequent party setups. (The last one was a bit more rare.) If you don't believe me, go look at all the old forum posts from the years after Blu came out, I'd almost wager Blu/Thf was more common than Blu/Nin, at least in the Lv30~72 range, and again on Dark Ixion and Odin for Frightful Roar and Sneak Attack Cannonball. I main healed many a party when we couldn't find a healer, and occasionally I would /War and tank with Provoke and Cocoon.

Thf also would sub War somewhat frequently, because Berserk was better DPS if you didn't need Utsusemi shadows, though it was definitely less than 50% of the time, admittedly.

Dnc and Nin are the only jobs that I can think of that exclusively Dual Wielded, well, outside of the times Nin was using Earth Staff to tank or kite-tank, which did happen sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    There is no real situation where it makes sense for WHM to naturally be able to equip 2 weapons. WHM weapons are not for attacking. Dual-wield i a DD trait.
    Any situation where dual clubs comes out to more cure potency II, or macc than your current staff options it makes sense for a Whm to naturally be able to equip 2 weapons, as I said, put a giant slow penalty on Dual Wield 0 and you don't have to worry about it ever being a DD trait lol as it would decrease your melee DPS.

While I agree Dual Wield was intended to be a DD trait, so what, Ninja was intended to be a DPS job as they're so fond of saying, but for a good 7 years or so they were our best tank job, and that was really neat, things can change if it makes things more interesting or fun at the end of the day.

Also, there's a bit of hilarity here, if you care about developer intentions, Whm WAS meant to melee with the party, don't believe me? Go watch any of the old dev-released videos of their party play. Not that I really think this matters, but it's funny, Hexa Strike is Whm only, all Whm bones parties were a thing, and to a surprisingly large extent, they did intend Whm to melee, heck Whm relic is built around meleeing, though the Mythic is certainly useful without it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 07-30-2016 at 10:08 PM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    OK, so now WHM is a melee job. I want to start seeing you guys up close and personal with level 135 + content, now that they are making melee'ing them again possible. Come on...put your money where your mouth is. Post some videos as proof. I dare you . Otherwise, you are flapping your gums and wasting my time. I'll check back on this, one of the dumbest threads ever created, in a week.
    (0)

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Its like arguing with a brick wall. Every point they made has been clocked already. Yet they keep attempting to make themselves seem right.

(1)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I like arguing with morons who would rather see precious dev time wasted on stupid things than actual content.
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    And every point i've made has basically been met with some form of "it makes sense bc we want it...."
    (0)

Wow, who knew a single comment I made in jest a year ago would start a flame war? If anyone cares, yes, I'd like dual-wield on WHM but no, I don't think it would ever happen, and no, I don't think it would make sense. I would like the option to sub something besides NIN or DNC for meleeing, but I know it'll never happen.

Zeldar, you've made your points and you're right. Anyone with a bit of logic can see you're right, so why do you continue to beat the dead horse?
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Aaaaand in a LS of 24 on atm, 5 of which are whm main, responses to me saying "so apparently whm should have native DW" the responses were as follows:

"Are you drunk?"
    "you've been on the forums again i see....."
    "is it (a certain horrible whm on our server) requesting it?"
    "those people are retarded"
    "i think the jobs that it makes sense to have it already have it"
    "............"
    "this conversation isn't even worth our time"

So yeah, it isn't just me.
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Point well taken Catmato. Maybe it just took someone else with common sense agreeing with me openly to get me off of this thread.
    (0)

Player
    I don't know how I can make my viewpoint any clearer, I like the thought of dual wielding for the benefit to Cure/Enfeebling, and sure, Nuke sets. I have never melee Whm'd, I have no intention of doing so, I have jobs that I'd rather melee on if I'm meleeing.

As to Dev time required to implement such a thing, it would be rather minimal. However, I barely care, this is not one of my flagship causes by any stretch, I simply have to point out the incorrectness and the inconsistencies in almost all of your arguments, because they are painfully glaring.
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    I don't know how I can make my viewpoint any clearer, I like the thought of dual wielding for the benefit to Cure/Enfeebling, and sure, Nuke sets. I have never melee Whm'd, I have no intention of doing so, I have jobs that I'd rather melee on if I'm meleeing.

As to Dev time required to implement such a thing, it would be rather minimal. However, I barely care, this is not one of my flagship causes by any stretch, I simply have to point out the incorrectness and the inconsistencies in almost all of your arguments, because they are painfully glaring.
    Thank you for proving my point. You have never melee'd whm. You have no intention of doing so. You barely care. Why? Because it makes absolutely no sense at all.
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast