Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

August Version Update is it going to suck?

Ya so far this updates are not helping the game in numbers. I think the team is giving up on making this game better. Is adding another trust the best you got? Think you should merge the servers already. A lot of people seem to want cause the numbers are low. If you want to make more ppl play this game or come back redo the the graphics like you did with 14!
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Did you just not read the update notes? They're adding:

New Escha area.
    New Escha content.
    Raise cap on merit points in certain categories.
    Raise cap on job points to 15.
    Raise cap on job points you can hold.
    New Rhapsodies of Vanadiel missions.

Actually seems pretty substantive for an update.
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Did you just not read the update notes? They're adding:

New Escha area.
    New Escha content.
    Raise cap on merit points in certain categories.
    Raise cap on job points to 15.
    Raise cap on job points you can hold.
    New Rhapsodies of Vanadiel missions.

Actually seems pretty substantive for an update.
    Yes i read it did you not see how great the last update? Did it do anything to help?
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
    Yes i read it did you not see how great the last update? Did it do anything to help?
    The last update was completely different. It has nothing to do with your inquiry about the August update.

You also implied that the update added nothing but an additional Trust, which is completely false and led me to believe you hadn't actually read the notes.
    (1)

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    August update will be pretty good! I can't wait for the additional trust spot to make a full party again! The new area and update to hexed/cursed gear is also going to be awesome! Yes there are plenty of things that would make the game better but at this point I wouldn't expect anything else from SE. I just take the updates one at a time and enjoy what I can out of them. If I don't like something then I don't do that content, whatever it is.
    (2)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Adding more JP to grind isnt really adding content either.

Unless they are gonna quadruple the cp gain rate AND give a double cp campaign on top of it.
    (2)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    They are also upgrading the gear gotten through legion and lowering the cost of legion. As someone who never has never done legion before I'm actually looking forward to this. But this thread isn't about the update as the title suggests.

New graphics aren't going to happen or help. For one it is way too much work, which means paying people to do the work costing them money. And it won't do anything because new graphics won't bring new people, which means no new money. Personally what I think is keeping new people away is the subscription fee. Subscription fees are sort of the old way of doing MMOs these day. Only reason we put up with it is because we got hooked way back before when it was the normal way of paying. However that is a catch 22, if SE got rid of the fees then they lose money, and while it would bring new players, those new players wouldn't be bringing any new revenue with them.

Also it's worth mentioning that the way you look at server population and the way SE looks at server population are different. Players check server population when they are bored and can't find anything to do to see how many people are on at that given time. Then say they all are only bazaaring anyway and don't even count. SE most likely goes by how many active subscriptions are on the server. I know plenty of people who still have active accounts but just never get on anymore. Then there are other people who really only have time to play on the weekends. Then there are the people complaining about nothing to do at midnight on a Tuesday.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm excited about this August update, and very thankful to all the FFXI staff for all their hard work on FFXI this year.

/psych
    (5)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post

Unless they are gonna quadruple the cp gain rate AND give a double cp campaign on top of it.
    Yes it is. I happen to like job points. Just because they added something you don't personally like doesn't mean that it doesn't count for some dumb arbitrary reason.
    (1)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post

What you said makes no sense. Upping the CP gain rate is not adding content. Adding the new Escha area is though.
    (5)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast