Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 119 relics:

Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    You say "there's no obligation to augment your weapons". Isn't the whole point of adding the augmentation to allow RME to reclaim their rightful place at the top of the weapon foodchain?

God almighty.
    I never said anything about making them the best of the best.
    My point was simply to bring them up to the standards, and augmentable features (while potentially removing limitations inherent in current RME weapons) used by skirmish weapons in a simple fashion SE could do before november.

There is no obligation to augment them, plenty of people run around with neither skirmish nor RME weapons, and use weapons from unity, and high tier battlefields instead, and do fine.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar2kx View Post
    I never said anything about making them the best of the best.
    If you do not think that mythics should be the best weapons in the game, we have nothing further to discuss, as you don't understand mythics.
    If you think that the way RME should be buffed is via skirmish-style augmenting, we have nothing further to discuss, as you don't understand why that is a horrible idea.
    (0)

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Admittedly I didn't read all the posts, but my thoughts are that SE needs to give us a lot to work on before they stop the updates. My proposition would be for a new REM level weapon that is equal to the original difficulty of relics or mythics and stays king due to no more updates.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    If you do not think that mythics should be the best weapons in the game, we have nothing further to discuss, as you don't understand mythics.
    If you think that the way RME should be buffed is via skirmish-style augmenting, we have nothing further to discuss, as you don't understand why that is a horrible idea.
    I guess we don't.
    No sense wasting time.

Hopefully, despite a few objections so far, SE considers the idea. FFXI is going to be on awhile with little content increases, they'll have to do something that can work long term to carry players.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Random augments on R/M/E weapons is a horrible idea. The reason it works for the skirmish weapons is because they are not rare. R/M/E weapons are rare so any possible augments to them should be absolute. That being said I think they should just change the stats for the 119 versions. 119 was still pretty new when they made R/M/E 119, and they set the bar too low. Although I wouldn't be opposed to doing some sort of Adoulin quests to keep my dagger the best of the best. However it should be more epic then just talking to the taru at the inventor's coalition. It should involve more dead people like in the previous quests. Running all over the wilds of Ulbuka to have your weapon imbued with the powers of the original 12 house founders. I doubt the developers want to do all that work though. It's a lot easier to just change some numbers on the current 119 weapons to increase base damage, attack, accuracy, and main attribute of its relevant weaponskill.

I should add that upgrading them with HP-Bayld is also a bad idea. People making Ergon weapons are already have a hard time with the lack of supply.

Increasing their item level is also a bad idea. Then people will ask for other gear to be that item level and then that item level becomes the new norm and R/M/E weapons are weak for that item level now. Increasing the weaponskill damage for their specific weaponskill is a good idea though. Relic weapons were already at 40%, so were you saying they should be 40% across the board for each weapon? That would be a 10% boost for mythic and a 40% boost for empy. I know I'd make a Twashtar if that WSD worked from the offhand.

Certain mythic weaponskill could also use an adjustment. Blade: Kamu comes to mind, but they also shouldn't have nerfed Mandalic stab when they nerfed Rudra's storm. The attack penalty on Drakesbane is unnecessary too. There are probably more, but I don't know the ins and outs of every job.
    I don't know if a +40% bonus to Empyrean WS DMG on the Empyrean Weapons themselves is warranted, but something definitely needs to be done. Making the Empyrean WSes unlockable was a good idea, but they forgot the entire reason for the Empyrean Weapons was the WSes. Just as the Mythic Weapons should be the best possible weapon in the game for their job, the Empyrean Weapons should be the best possible weapons in the game for their Weapon Skills.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well the 99 versions gave +20 of the attribute the weaponskill used. The 119 version it didn't go up any and is still 20, and 20 attribute points on a weapon is pretty standard for 119. Another problem is a large portion of a DD's damage is weaponskill damage, and the relic bonus of doing triple damage, and the empy aftermath of double damage does not work on weaponskills.

Back before the one hand update, Mandau was actually pretty good for thf because a large portion of our damage was still white damage. After the update the +15 dex and higher base damage made the shark knife blow Mandau out of the water. I was something like 10 100 bills away from finishing it too when the update happened, so I got it made just in time to put it in my mog house and never use it.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Something that particularly disappointed me was the collect 300 Pluton/Beitetsu/Boulders to do the upgrade to 119. I do agree that part of the problem is that at the time the RME were updated to 119 there was less power creep, so they have fallen somewhat behind where they should be. I think a better upgrade path would have been magian trials: kill this many of this to upgrade to 106, then 113, then 119. Maybe another stage or two after 119 that upgrade it further, that require delve clears or something.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The new weapons from Sinister reign and Escha Ru'Aun make skirmish weapons look like cheap pieces of junk. And so the gap between mythic weapons and weapons that just drop from doing an event once shrinks even more.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It's almost as if SE just doesn't care anymore. Considering how long it took them to even 119 RME, that's probably an accurate assessment.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3