Thread: 119 relics:

Character
    Valron
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

119 relics:

Any chance these are going to be re-visited in upcoming patches?

mainly, Gun relic, could say bow too but... lets not go there right now

i feel that the -enimity gained from these weapons is now usless with the new hate system... you can spam whatever weapon skills you want as a ranger and not pull hate...

im open to debate on this too. i just feel that relics are now becoming jokes with the new skirmish weapons augments available...
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I bet the But.... part was that Aegis and Gjallarhorn should have a 119 version
    (0)

Character
    Valron
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    @ Voicememo : No....just....no. those items serve a purpose, one is to cap marches and one is to cap -MDT or possibly break the -mdt cap... idk i dont play tank jobs.

both of those relics serve a purpose, as the other 11? do not serve a purpose anymore, or have had a new "skirmish" weapon come up out of SOA and make it the red headed step child...

id also like to see some kind of distinction between Bow/ Gun relic due to they both have the 3x hidden dmg effect proc @13.3% @level 99/119.

i dont feel that with jishun's radiance being the way it is, bow deserves the "3x" hidden effect anymore, because now a relic gun is completely worthless in the eyes of any rng...

but then again rng has become pretty usless in a group these days,

the only time that the -30 / -40 enimity was useful was when SOA first came out , for delve, now that you have changed the system rng isnt as "flashy" and any job can be use, i applaude you for that BTW.

but you still took a bite out of every relic users life, only to throw them a "easy" and "random" alternative weapon from skirmish...

i feel like relics need to be looked at again, and make them useful again...

why make one when i can spend random amounts of time and gil trading stones to an npc and hoping for an augment?...
    (0)

Kannagi needs to have acc put on it i think. Would be nice make it stronger too.
    (0)

Character
    Valron
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    237 views and 3 responses...

no one here is going to chime in?...
    (0)

prob cause they dont have one
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well I disagree that Aegis and Ochain shouldn't have 119 versions. Even if their normal abilities don't improve they could use the 112 shield skill that other 119 shields get. Instruments I don't feel as strongly about needing a 119 version since no instruments seem to have ilvl which is fine since bard can swap them in and out with no penalty anyway.

Other than that all relic weapons could use a boost. Most mythic weapons too. I would also care about Empyrean if they added a way to get heavy metal plates that wasn't horrible. It would be nice if some of the one handed R/M/E weapons were able to work as offhand weapons, katana especially. R/M/E katanas are the worst. Nagi has to be the least useful mythic weapon ever with the worst mythic weaponskill.

Mythic aftermath 3 could also use some adjustment. It should be able to overwrite itself. And the bonus should be switched from occasionally attacks twice or thrice to enhances double attack and triple attack. That way it would affect both hands of jobs that dual wield and warriors wouldn't have to worry about their high amount of double attack making them attack thrice less.
    (1)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Well I disagree that Aegis and Ochain shouldn't have 119 versions. Even if their normal abilities don't improve they could use the 112 shield skill that other 119 shields get. Instruments I don't feel as strongly about needing a 119 version since no instruments seem to have ilvl which is fine since bard can swap them in and out with no penalty anyway.

Other than that all relic weapons could use a boost. Most mythic weapons too. I would also care about Empyrean if they added a way to get heavy metal plates that wasn't horrible. It would be nice if some of the one handed R/M/E weapons were able to work as offhand weapons, katana especially. R/M/E katanas are the worst. Nagi has to be the least useful mythic weapon ever with the worst mythic weaponskill.

Mythic aftermath 3 could also use some adjustment. It should be able to overwrite itself. And the bonus should be switched from occasionally attacks twice or thrice to enhances double attack and triple attack. That way it would affect both hands of jobs that dual wield and warriors wouldn't have to worry about their high amount of double attack making them attack thrice less.
    At one point, iirc, the devs stated that Aegis and Ochain will never ilvl as they are effectively ilvl 150 with the metric they use to assign that.

I do agree that Mythic Aftermath needs adjustment. It should apply to both hands, at least. Probably also be considered DA/TA.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well they actually only said Ochain was 150. Aegis at this point can only help with magic, because your shield skill with it is so low the blocking rate is basically at the floor on high level targets. Priwen with reprisal up actually blocks better than Ochain, but really Ochain is still better overall because of the recast on reprisal. Also if you have a Burtgang, I think switching shields removes aftermath. Anyway this is sort of the point of the thread. The metric on which 119 was made originally has changed as ilvl hasn't gone up, but there are more 119 items that are far more powerful than the original 119 items.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I have a 119 Terpsichore, I am regularly annoyed at how great all the other daggers are that take 1/10000th of the effort to obtain that a fresh 99 can get within an hour. I understand your suffering.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast