Character
    Balthamos
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95

Still freezing/low fps on PS2

Details: Call me crazy, but I like the PS2 version of the game. Yes, I do have a computer (more than) capable to run FFXI, but I enjoy playing on PS2. That's because I was really impressed with PS2 when FFXI came out on the US, and I thought it was an amazing technical achievement at the time. I didn't have money back then to even buy a nintendo 64, let alone a PS2, a HDD and a subscription fee. Now I have more money than I deserve and spend it with whatever I want to. Including frivolity games, like FFXI on PS2.
    So please, try to understand: I have the PC version, but I want to play on PS2! I bought them 4 years ago for collection purposes, and I really love them, as a collection.
    With that in mind, I really want to know: is there any way to fix the freezing? I was playing a mission specific said on last update to be fixed on PS2, but it freezes anyway. The WotG quest related to a mission, called "A manifest problem". I did version checks, reinstalled FFXI and PO viewer, but it didn't work. Do I have to format the HDD? I don't have the disc to do that, unfortunatly. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I really want to enjoy it on PS2 before the end of it next year. Thank you very much!
    PS: I didn't use any of the old threads because they're really old, especially after the announcement of no support for Seekers of Adoulin.
    Steps:
    1. Log in game on PS2.
    2. Play missions.
    3. Watch cutscenes.
    Date & Time: Everytime
    Frequency: always
    Platform: PS2
    ISP: Oi Velox
    Type of Internet Connection: DSL
    (0)

Character
    Guardienforce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 73
    I seem to have same problem ... in basteuneaux oubliette when i initiate a a combat with 3 trusts its starts drasticlly loosing fps , i ordered a new hdd i will be reinsatlling tonight to see if it solves the prob

And if you start deleting files manually trought your ps2 systems on you hdd you might have to format in order to installl ffxi again , i had that problem and had to order a new copy of HDD just to get the utility disc . with that in mind all you can do is reinstall trought the ffxi disc but seems you already tryed.

HDD, the one i bought used was official for ps2 but was made in china, the one i got unoppenned from the new retail box i have is made in singapore , alwell has an officiall one for ps2. they have noticeble diffences when you look at them both. I hope the one from the retail box will fix the problem . i'm installing right now will take the night to update . i'll let you know tommorrow if the china one was scrap.
    (0)
    Last edited by LeDragonSYNC; 07-27-2015 at 09:40 AM.
    FFXI on PS4 , Xbox One !! Make it Happen . Long life to FFXI

The freezing issues are a part of why they are ending console support in March. The PS2 has 128 MB of RAM to work with, and they are constantly at that limit wince sometime between WotG and Abyssea. They are pushing the console to its limits, and the staff developing the game now are not the staff that did so from initial development to around ToAU ending. There are a lot of issues caused by the platform running out of resources, and gradual changes they have made that broke things in weird ways.

There is support for Adoulin on PS2 in Japan, and a way to get it on NA PS2 right now (though that expansion really strains the system). Also, the 3rd Rhapsodies chapter will automatically install Adoulin on all platforms if it is not already installed. That was announced when the first chapter released, and they forced an install of Zilart for everyone. Every expansion will be installed by patching as Rhapsodies uses them.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Guardienforce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 73
    i guess bungie might be right the hdd did not change anything... hope SE can do something about it , use to run great a couple of years ago...
    (0)
    FFXI on PS4 , Xbox One !! Make it Happen . Long life to FFXI