Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Merge the darn servers already!

Merge the servers already!
    (13)

Why even ask them to, it should be very clear by now that they don't care enough to do it for the good of the players.

Server numbers are incredibly low now, at almost laughable levels but it's still not happening.
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    1) Keep the servers as they are.
    2) People get frustrated and pay to transfer to a larger server like Asura, Bahamut and Odin.
    3) ???
    4) Profit.
    (2)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    250 people on now... FFXI has officially changed from MMO to just MO.
    (0)

I thought they stated they wouldn't be considering merges until after november in the announcement months ago? To see how servers are affected to make the move done only once rather then twice in 6 months and half the game has to change their name.

Be patient, because complaining about something they've already decided on is likely not going to do much. Servers still have enough people for functional purposes of events these days. Not like we're still tied to 30-50 players for a single event anymore.

p.s. bazookatooth, since most multiplayer games support a max of 64 players, I'd say 250+ still counts as massively since that's like, almost 4x the best most non-mmo's can do.
    (1)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    what we really need is to merge all JP players together as they are the majority that play the game and stick everyone else like NA and EU together, at least then you wont get the "JPONRY" players stopping everyone else from joining events like i got the other day.
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar2kx View Post
    I thought they stated they wouldn't be considering merges until after november in the announcement months ago? To see how servers are affected to make the move done only once rather then twice in 6 months and half the game has to change their name.

Be patient, because complaining about something they've already decided on is likely not going to do much. Servers still have enough people for functional purposes of events these days. Not like we're still tied to 30-50 players for a single event anymore.

p.s. bazookatooth, since most multiplayer games support a max of 64 players, I'd say 250+ still counts as massively since that's like, almost 4x the best most non-mmo's can do.
    I'd say that at least 150 of those people were AFK and / or bazaar mules. If forcing people to create more characters and leave them logged in, in lieu of a proper auction house system is the only thing keeping this above standard multi-player game levels, then it isn't an MMO in my book.

There are literally 3 LS doing vagary on my server. One is JP only, one is a mercenary shell that won't bring outsiders without them paying and the other can't seem to beat anything.
    (0)

No thanks. I like things the way they are right now.

PS > Instead I'd really like it if SE gave a free world transfer so people could move to the crowded servers if they want.
    (4)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    16 servers is way too much, think about that. Do we really need 16 servers at this point?
    (2)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    what we really need is to merge all JP players together as they are the majority that play the game and stick everyone else like NA and EU together, at least then you wont get the "JPONRY" players stopping everyone else from joining events like i got the other day.
    As an NA player who's been in a JP linkshell for a number of years, I'd be very upset if they did this and I'd probably stop playing altogether. Yes, there's racism. However, I've found that if you're polite, take the time to learn some basic kana and a few common vocab words, you can build a cultural bridge and get past the racism. If an idiot like me can do it, anyone can. My Japanese vocab level is still that of a toddler's, but with auto-translate, google translate, a JP/NA dictionary at my desk... it's not such an issue. Just takes a little effort and the rewards have been very fulfilling.

Recently, during JP prime time on Phoenix there have been twice as many folks online as during NA prime time. 350-400 to 700-800.
    (3)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast