Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    There's a difference between reaching a certain level and sitting on it, and hitting the cap...

Which brings me back to my original post here, and the purpose of this thread in general... Instead of allowing us to level a second craft to 100, they need to raise the caps above 100 and start putting the synths they're tossing into synergy back where they belong.
    (1)
    Last edited by RushLynx; 04-14-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I think synergy is the way to go, its easy once you know what your doing and its cheap. I cant imagine another 20 or 50 more lvls of goldsmithing that would be outrageous. I already spent 100's of millions of gil too reach 100, and dont want too spend another 100 mil more. Moreover if they do raise the cap I doubt i can skill 50 more lvls of top tier goldsmithing within a year, it'll probably take adleast 2 years or even more.
    (1)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    synergy was a huge slap in the face to those of us that spent massive amounts of time/gil/energy focusing on one craft and the appropriate sub crafts...we all invested our time and money and effort in a craft because it's supposed to pay off in the end, but then they bring in synergy and now all of our investments are completely wasted because everything we make through our efforts that we spent years perfecting can be made better, quicker, and easier with synergy....with one foul swoop, my craft has been diminished to a novelty/charity project for ppl that know I craft.

Synergy should be removed from the game or made to be completely dependant on the synergist actually having a craft leveled, like not being its own skill, but being an ability to use the furnace with your traditional craft. I'm sure I'm not explaining the idea well lol, but there it is :P
    (1)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Synergy was the best craft they added, hopefully it'll never be removed.
    (0)

Character
    Annewandering
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The more I think about changing the caps on crafting the more I dislike the whole idea. The problem with crafting isnt the caps. Its not having good items to make. We can blame the rmts for that. It forced SE to go to r/e which threw a lot of our items down the drain.
    I have been working on synergy and while it isnt my favorite craft it has some things that I do like. No loss of items for fail is a big one. You do have to have your craft leveled to do synergy except for a few items that are geared to pure leveling of synergy. Sadly synergy does favor goldsmithing and blacksmithing over all others. I would think that this would change as it is developed to be more balanced.
    If certain things were changed in crafting it would be better than changing caps.
    I would suggest that cooking be made a craft like fishing and not count on the points to 100. It has little to do with other crafts other than fishing. If there were two crafts to 100, cooking would be crippled by not being interactive to other crafts.
    New elite items need to be added to the recipes. It does no good to get a craft to 100 and have the profit being only in the consumables at level 30. Give us a real incentive to get to 100 besides pride.
    Synergy needs the ability to sign. Not sure how but it does need that. Perhaps the person with the high craft level makes it autosigned with their name?
    If caps are changed make the subcrafts to 80 not 60 but keep the main craft to 100 and only one craft possible at 100. If there is any way to do it make craft levels accessible to all on account. If you can send r/e it seems like it might be possible. If only up to subjob levels it would be great to not have to do subcrafts over and over and over and over for mules. Seriously that is a real pain to no real purpose except untold time and gil.
    There is plenty of room for improvement without changing the 100 cap.
    (3)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well personally i hate synergy and i really don't care much about getting two craftskill at 100 (and with it im not telling its a bad idea) what i would love more to see, its better recipes, since abyssea came out, people are needing less and less often a crafter and this is because they level to fast, i would like to see recipes that are worth doing, for example i don't a reason to keep crafting a lvl25 shade harness set as there are no lvl cap in CoP areas anymore so who would want it, as well why should someone would want a lvl59 Vermillion Cloak with all the abyss buffs and atmas you can get, (as you can noticed by now im a Clothcrafter) I rather have better recipes or at least a way to improve the ones already existing without the use of synergy, be aware that not all players like that system and that no many players has the time or willing to level it, it would be better to get reborn the old recipes or add new ones, that allow players to have 2 skills at 100 when nobody is using what is crafted, Well this is my opinion
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i am against it. it will just end with a ton more cooking/alchemy/woodworking ppl. consumeable items are the only things that sell good atm, at least on my server.
    so make some new top gear from regular crafts.the old abjuration + cursed items system always made it worth to skill a craft beside cooking.
    or at least add an augment system to the old gear.
    most of the best gear drops from NMs and is r or/and e.
    and synergy idea was nice, but there is just to much stuff coming from synergy now.
    (0)

Thank you all so much for the huge amount of feedback!

In regards to our plans to raise the crafting skill limits during the next version update, we thought it’d be the perfect time to implement, alongside the auction house merge and Synergy-augmented content. We felt it would serve as a countermeasure to the low amount of active crafters and the low number of items up on the auction houses in the three nations. However, as a result of discussions based on all of your feedback we have opted to postpone this. To get a better idea of the community’s opinion and also to further our discussions we would like to explain a bit about our future plans for synthesis and synergy, and give you plenty of time to discuss and provide feedback.

For the past couple of updates we placed a heavy emphasis on level cap increases, Abyssea, and other new battle related content. For the version updates in 2011, along with the level cap increase and battle related additions and adjustments, we are planning a significant amount of adjustments to synthesis and synergy as well.

Future plans
    Based on our desire to reevaluate how players obtain items, as well as adding attractive item recipes, we plan on changing our focus from shifting synthesis to synergy. We’re also planning on strengthening the specialties of each (Synthesis and Synergy) as well as creating their own special uses and objectives. Along with this we will also be looking into raising the crafting skill limitations.

Our ultimate goal is to add numerous items so that you can select what you wear depending on the situation and slot. This is similar to when the level cap was 75 and you have Relic, Salvage, Einherjar, and Limbus-related gear to utilize.
    Premise
    • Expansion of new items and recipes similar to the abjuration equipment system
    • Fixing of locations to obtain general purpose materials (Shop and loot expansion)
    • Improvements to synergy, fishing, chocobo digging, harvesting, mining, gathering systems
    Synthesis in Perspective
    • Possible to create attractive, one of a kind items
    • Benefits of HQ synths are reflected largely by an increase in stats
    • Possible to create base items through synthesis
    • Possibility of losing materials as a result of failure
    Synergy in Perspective
    • Possible to mass produce items and create EX items
    • Benefits of HQ are strongly demonstrated through mass production recipes
    • System to add stats via augment synergy
    • No loss of materials upon failure (Fewell and cost are separate)
    There were some concerns about the addition of items that can only be made by having multiple skills leveled to 100, but rest assured that we have no plans of introducing recipes of this difficulty.

The above content is not finalized and is a plan that we would like to try and apply in the future. Since this is a pretty large change to our approach, in order to create an even better direction for this, please let us know your thoughts.

We will continue to bring you updates on our plans as we receive your feedback and continue to make gradual changes as we solidify our plan.
    (21)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Personally, I thought Synergy was a horrible idea in the first place. Especially, in a shrinking population. Prior to Synergy, you simply had to hunt down a single highly-skilled crafter and bring them your materials. Not always an easy task. But, I could often find someone by asking around. With Synergy, it is now quite possible that you will need to hunt down several highly-skilled crafters and get them to gather at the same place at the same time. Anyway, just my thought on Synergy in general.
    (10)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Character
    Thetruemonkey
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Randwolf View Post
    Personally, I thought Synergy was a horrible idea in the first place. Especially, in a shrinking population. Prior to Synergy, you simply had to hunt down a single highly-skilled crafter and bring them your materials. Not always an easy task. But, I could often find someone by asking around. With Synergy, it is now quite possible that you will need to hunt down several highly-skilled crafters and get them to gather at the same place at the same time. Anyway, just my thought on Synergy in general.
    In my opinion to counter this is to allow players to have multiple crafts over 60, possibly allow them a choice of up to 2 or 3 crafts to 100. I personally do not foresee this being too much of an issue for balance, considering you may only be an active participant in only one guild at a time, referring to Guild points system. That and everyone would have equal opportunity to have multiple crafts. This would also help make it easier for crafters to get a hold of high level materials for their crafting when it is a high level synth for a different craft.
    (0)

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast