Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Totema View Post
    Was this implemented in the update? Not seeing it anywhere in the update logs.
    No, it's been put on hold for the time being.
    (0)

Character
    Hrasvelg
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    COR Lv 75
    Crafting:
    - Raise of 80 from 40 should be fine. It'll be nice to do more crafting after 100/60/60/etc. It'd be nice to make stuff just out of my reach too.
    - Do bring back the end game synthing stuff. This was sorta done with the aptant armors and I love it, but I know everyone just powerlevels past those armors. It makes me sad face.
    - "Synth All" i think was kinda implemented with certain KI (like tirturation, or sheet making). Making "synth all" feels rather bot-ish.
    - DO NOT MAKE GUILD POINTS AVAILABLE ACROSS ALL CRAFTS. This will ruin crafting as people will get KI's across the board and screw with the economy.

Chocobo Digging:
    - increase the Stack of greens to 99.
    - increase the maximum items per zone
    (2)

Character
    Aena
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I feel lonely in not wanting Cooking to be a free 100 craft like fishing, as suggested earlier a couple of times!

This is a little rambly, but I've always enjoyed the culinarian line of synthesis as my main craft, and there is no shortage of chefs filling up the food markets or taking up the craft as it is. It would only provide even more competition and less of a market for those who chose to save money and make a steady income off of one category of consumable item rather than hit it big from a lottery off of a lucky synthesis (once upon a time--I realize this is hardly applicable lately). I did not pick this craft to fund another, but because I've always thoroughly enjoyed the prospect of making and selling delectable dishes. Unless mastering all crafts becomes an option, I don't see why it makes sense to make cooking a free 100 skill like fishing. Players have a choice in what crafts they would like to master, and cooking was neither forced upon nor restricted from anyone, and you can level/delevel it easily at any time if you want/dislike it that much. A Linkshell member spent this last week (with a job and house hunting) boosting cooking from 60 to 96ish for Dawn Mulsum - it's not a huge loss if you want it, it's not a huge loss if you want to get rid of it.

In response to a very early post in this thread, fishing does not only go hand-in-hand with cooking, where it mostly benefits chefs who have invested in Raw Fish Handling and some lower demand items - which not all chefs solely specialize in: it also provides Alchemy and Woodworking materials (ink, poison, paralysis, furnishing materials). Cooking also does have a handful of subcrafts within its synths: woodworking and clothcraft are two sub-crafts used in high-level cooking recipes, for example, and there is also a need for items created from other crafts, such as Maple Sugar if San d'Oria is in last and you don't have any saved as back-up. At least on Bismarck, there are enough chefs to keep prices reasonable in regard to ingredient price and rarity, and there is no shortage of competition for ingredients in popular dishes. I can already name at least 10 active chefs with whom I compete in various markets. I don't understand the basis of the argument for making high-leveled Cooking a free craft.

Erm, but I am all in favor of having another craft at 100 (or my considered one craft at 61, one at 80, and one at... 79?--however that maths out).
    (1)
    Last edited by Aena; 05-22-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Player
    "Synth All" i think was kinda implemented with certain KI (like tirturation, or sheet making). Making "synth all" feels rather bot-ish.
    expanding the items that can be crafted at once is welcomed too, the "Craft all" is a known feature in almost every MMO I played that has crafting, its a legitimate feature before its a bot.
    I guess the "don't know any better" still applies to this community..
    DO NOT MAKE GUILD POINTS AVAILABLE ACROSS ALL CRAFTS. This will ruin crafting as people will get KI's across the board and screw with the economy.
    huh? ..you know, you can always get any KI/items from any guild, this isn't something new (what you can buy is limited by your crafting skill already), removing the limitation on accumulating guild points will only makes the process faster, otherwise it would take years to gather ~300k (sub)-600k(main)~ GP for each craft one by one. something tells me you dont have many sub-crafts at 60...
    plus the limitation is already lifted by simply having crafting mules, I don't see how this have ever screwed the economy...
    (0)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yes please raise the cap
    (0)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Player
    While I enjoy synergy and am in the process of leveling it up, I hate that normal crafts are all but stagnant save a few synths (primarily cursed gear and consumables). I've also noticed (on Siren server at least) that the consumables made with synergy are so overpriced based on their mats simply because there are so few people making them. Things like oberon bullets have never sold in stacks of 12 pouches on the auction house. I've resorted to buying consumables far below what I consider the acceptable level (Iron Bullets or below for corsair) simply due to a lack of supply, and the minimal supply an the Auction House is typically drastically overpriced based on the material cost. Most of these consumables take a high level craft, so you cannot synergize them yourself unless you happened to have leveld that craft. Before the 75 cap was raised and the highest level consumables were all from synergy, I was able to make steel and iron bullets for corsair with smithing and alchemy as subcrafts without any issues. Now even if I had synergy to the proper level, I would not be able to make the newer bullets without a proper craft rank in my party, which tends to be difficult to find. This follows in the same vein as arrows and the higher bullets that rangers can use. I see many rangers reverting to demon/scorpion arrows etc simply because the supply for them is higher and they are not severely overpriced as well.

I don't mean to complain, but I feel as though it is ridiculous that EVERY new craft is actually a new synergy recipe, and the new synthesis recipes are typically just to make materials for the synergy recipe that makes the end product. While this is fine for armor I suppose, I would much prefer synergy to be for what it was originally released with - not so much the evolith system itself but the concept of the weapons and armor in that you would have to seek out the materials (in some cases r/ex drops from notorious monsters) and synergize them with a small group of people to have the most desirable result. I feel as though the teamwork in synergizing to turn your earned r/ex materials into a usable piece of gear was pretty exciting, especially when the same group that fought for the materials helped you synergize them into something usable.

Yes, there should be some profit synergy recipes, and some armor should be synergized, but making all consumables and equipment recipes synergy and none synthesis just seems unfair, and skews the market way too much. Right now there just aren't enough synergists with the proper 100 crafts to supply the auction house with the number of consumables that it should have. For instance, while I may finish my synergy to the current cap, I would be unable to make any consumables because I do not have woodworking or smithing above 60. While I would be happy if veteran smiths and woodworkers could simply synthesize consumables, the fact that these recipes are restricted to those crafters that have both synergy and woodworking or both synergy and smithing leveled restricts the market far too much.

/rant off
    (2)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Another thing related to synergy. I really don't like that once we upgrade a skill we cannot change it. There should be a way to remove it and chose something else. Because there is some debate over which skills are best to lvl, ie safety lever or pressure handle or repair. The only way that I found was to pick 1 and test. But what in the case that we don't like it. I for one did 5/5 repair, which after testing I would not have done. The amount of repair gained from 5/5 is not enough. I would like to drop the 5/5 repair and put it into safety lever.

Please allow us a way to decrease the skills we have for synergy.
    (0)

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Why on Earth did you people try and stop this from happening? YES I want two 100s.
    (3)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    Why on Earth did you people try and stop this from happening? YES I want two 100s.
    Yeah i'm baffled also.
    (2)

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    That isn't what most of the replies tried to do at all. Most were fine with multiple lv100's and had a lot of "ifs" attached to related related concerns like going past 100 or being required to have lv100 subs on new recipes.

SE didn't say this was never ever happening, they just said they weren't doing it right now.

I for one, am happy that for once we got asked before something was decided - as far as I can recall that has never happened before. If they actually believed most of us posting were dead set against having 2 lv100's..Well I dunno what to say. But that was how I read the post saying it was postponed (not canceled).
    (0)
    Last edited by GlobalVariable; 06-01-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast