Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yes, please remove the cap. I know for a fact it would get me, for one, to do more crafting. However, by itself it will not fix crafting; what is needed for that is to (1) stop annihilating the market for crafted goods by giving them out like candy, especially alchemy products and (2) add some new staple craft products; for example, what about a a wyvern raise item (that is, a usable item that resets the Call Wyvern job ability timer)? Or Phoenix Down?
    (3)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    I would love to see synergy removed from the game period...it's unfair to those of us that took time to invest in one of the older crafts...also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to revamp the guildpoint system cuz it's overly difficult to get gp in my opinion...
    (4)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Rorald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I like the idea but think you should go even further with the idea and remove the caps all together.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by PerditionOfFenrir View Post
    if your not in Abyssea, you hardly even see another player. The entire world is a ghost town. You can''t find a non-Aby party. Nobody is crafting. The AH is bare. Linkshells are dying.

Abyssea was(is) a HUGE mistake IMO, especially from a game-balance perspective.
    you seems to know much about game design...
    Its "mostly" the level cap increase that affected the game, Abyssea is merely a place to level and obtain the new items, specially the latter, they cant put all the new items on old monsters/areas (they need new outlet for items, to avoid cluttering/etc), plus any level increase will ALWAYS throw any game off-balance, whether its drastic(Abyssea) or not, what was at level cap before will never be the same after, welcome to change.
    ----------------------------------

As for crafting (~750), I don't mind the the extra skills at all, (finally I would be able to make the dreadful darksteel cap by myself ), anything to crafting these days would be good, one suggestion tho, could you look into guild point items? a way to increase the daily cap per item or something would be very nice.
    (3)

Character
    Crocker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I like the idea of 2 100's but how about making Cooking Like Fishing no cap there is no point in Fishing without cooking.

I'm 100 Alchemy and for a 2nd craft to 100 maybe Woodworking, but the issue is I have 57 Fishing and use to make all my own food and jug pets with another account with 93 Cooking but you fools Banned it for "RMT related activities" which I have never done and would never do!

Uncapping cooking would open up a better reason for more people to fish and that alone would lower the food cost and that would be great! For Synergy not many at all do it (Synergy 70) and I don't want to bother with it ever again.
    (2)
    Last edited by Crocker; 10-16-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think it would personally upset most who have mules that craft as well to have multiple 100+ crafts since that let's say you make new recepies w/ higher subcrafts required since they'd have to level crafts again that they already have 100+ on a mule.
    (0)

I agree with Cream_Soda. People have already bypassed this restriction by creating alternate characters to cover each craft.

If your going to change anything with the crafting system how about raising the cap past 100.

Either way its a drop in the bucket. You killed crafting when you released Magian trials and empyreon armor.

A few years ago if you examined a leet gear set, usually at least half the items were HQ crafted items.

Now your lucky to see 1 item in a gear set that even came off the AH.

If you want to breathe life into crafting then start making it supply useful gear again.

And another thing, when you came out with evoliths it seemd like you were trying to add some customization into crafting. But you were skittish and all the evolith bonuses were paltry and random. Then a very short time later u introduce a system that is completely customizable with strong bonuses and requires NO crafting background or even questing, just a kill fest. Refering to Trial of the magian. Why is that? it just seems wierd to be all scared of one system and supply crappy bonuses and then a few months later completely throw caution to the wind and deliver a powergamers wet dream.

P.S. I love Trial of the Magians, its like choclate. I know its bad but i still love to eat it.
    (3)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I have 3 crafts at lvl 100 with two of those being lvl 80 synergy characters, I would welcome the change smithing and goldsmithing just seems to go hand in hand. I agree with the others and would like to have the ability to max out two crafts, full steam ahead on this.

Furthermore I would like for crafting and especially synergy receive a boost in the power of gear we can make, in my opinion the most powerful gear in the game should NOT be rare/ex nm drops only, crafters should be able to create gear to match that power. Crafters and Synergist should be able to make powerful rare/ex gear for themselves. My whole goal in crafting is to make the best gear seen in the game, but my work is almost always outshined by new gear nms drops implemented in the game. Oh and for God sake's please give goldsmithing synergist better rings and earrings to complete with ALL of those rare/ex rings and earrings dropped by abyssea nms. Maybe add specialized crafted rings or earrings that add bonuses to job traits or job abilities of specific jobs would be nice and it would add some respectability to goldsmithing again.

I been crafting for 9 years and many people in this thread have been crafting for years, we deserve to have the ability to make Jaw-Dropping gear, please give synergy and crafting more Power! We need to be able to complete with abyssea drops.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is great because it will make certain dual craft items able to be HQed more easily, and gives people who didn't want to undo a lot of work the chance to try another craft. On top of this, it can potentially reduce the number of people required to perform more advanced synergy (It could also [ugh] mean that more subcrafts would be possible, though).

Given how stagnant crafting is right now, I don't really see this doing much harm to anyone. It will also give die-hard crafters something to do.
    (1)

Crafting is DEAD, really it is, there are no profitiable or worthwhile synths, gil is now worthless anyway so whats the point crafting gear that is really weak compared to the current top tier? Crafting is dead so worrying about upseting 100 crafters at this point is silly, most high level crafters don't even craft anymore.

Square increased the level cap, this is what needs to be done with crafting. Increase the crafting cap to 150 and add really good new synthswith really difficult HQ synths that are very good compared to the current top gear. 100 craft is garbage cause all the synths are not desirable, whats the point of having 2 such crafts?

The whole point of this update is to work on synergy which is fine but the base crafts are destroyed atm, nobody does it...the AH is bare. HQ staves are now defunct, HQ armors are worthless etc some serious works needs to be done on crafting itself and not just synergy.

The upcoming update that will allow players to add RANDOM weak stats won't go down well either, random long winded additions to armors will instill feelings of FoV NM armor increases which were horrible. The amount of people that bother with minimal upgrades to things like Byakkos Haidate in a really long winded random system will be tiny, it's better to just get your AF3 than deal with that.
    (2)

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast