Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Character
    Sircurtis
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    FYI I am the best already it is for the noobs that I see the need for these changes .
    (0)
    Please fix what we have before moving onto any new expantion. All of the expantions have lead to cross problems.

Character
    Taminye
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 70
    My Other MMO's have books for recipies , might be a handy thing to Add just cause at times some things are easy to forget.

Recepie ??? , it list the items red out item = no Go , all items in the green click it to make , and wala it stats making.
    though they use crafting stations, tweaking it to use the crystal and auto-populate the sqaures with the goods and stat systhisis , might have others crafting more.

The books could be cheep sold , and or learned , that way if you make a warp cugel and go on hiatus for a few weeks /mounths/year and forget , your charicter still rembers it. along with everything else.
    open the recipe book slect item to make and if you have it all the crystal will use and populate with items needed automaticly

this is one aspect FFXI never did , is the recipie book.
    (1)
    Last edited by Necrose99; 04-03-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I suppose you would be fine with the government shutting down the internet to get rid of cyber-criminals right? Because that's much easier than pursuing them in a way that doesn't adversely affect law abiding citizens.

Dude is somewhat off kilter, but correct in that SE usually does more harm to Non-RMT players than actual RMTs with their tactics.
    You do realize that its not the RMTs that youre mad at right? Its the people that use bots to get what they want! If you have to use a bot, you have no business in playing this game! Maybe SE, with their tech superiority, should write a script to prevent botters but I bet that japanese logic will get in the way like it usually does! O.o
    (0)

Well, if the developers are still addressing this I would like to ask that they start selling some of the cheap stuff for crafting in the stores or at least in the guild stores as regular items. As a low-level/ mid-level crafter it's really frustrating to have to waste crystals on stuff like making copper ingots or wasting time and crystals on beeswax or gelatin (and of course breaking a few "randomly" was really hoping that was done away with). It may seem as if most have gotten maxed out or given it up but not all have.
    (2)

Now that the market is dead for virtually anything that's crafted save for a few exceptions I think it's the best time to remove the crafting limit and allowing us to level up all crafts to 100 with the same character if we chose to do so.

After all the limit never actually worked anyway because people that wanted to get other crafts to 100 simply leveled them on their mules. So if in the past there was little reason for the limit, nowadays it (along with the xp penalty when partying with other players or fellows) is a completely unnecessary limitation of the game.

/2gil
    (4)

level cap...on crafting???

Ah and a question that doesn't seem to get asked ( or answered) why integrate Sooooo many crafts in such a manner if there is a level cap on it? So many recipes call for the sub craft to be higher than the cap I didn't even know there WAS a cap.
    (1)

Bump bump bump
    (0)

8. 02-15-2014 03:48 AM

If there is one thing (the only thing) that XIV 2.0 did better than XI it has to be crafting. Because the process of crafting items is actually fun in that game.

(Which is funny considering how irrelevant crafted items are in XIV nowadays.)

So hopefully they can eventually implement that system in XI.
    (0)

Ah, don't take this the wrong way but, how about abolishing hqing stuff in favor of just letting us upgrade the items instead? Like instead of having to hq iron ingots into steel just letting us upgrade it instead? Like maybe use guild points or new point system or something like that to just upgrade our iron ingots to steel? Or like upgrade pet pots into the higher level pet pots? Like the carrion broth into the bubbling carrion broth?
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    A problem with crafting I'd love to see addressed is that, with the death of Voidwatch, hexed gear is very difficult to make due to the scarce availability of the VW related items. I speak personally as an Alchemist where, unless I'm mistaken, past skill level 102, hexed gear is the only reasonable option availble to gain skill from. What I call for is either a way to either make these Voidwatch items readily available, a Voidwatch crafting item NPC for example, or replace the item entirely with a more readily available material and removing the VW crafting material from the game.

At the end of the day, either option wouldn't make the synths particularly easy, all hexed gear requires Voidwalker related items which is uncommonly sold but not the to extent of the Voidwatch items and can at least be farmed reliably.

I would also point out that there is a huge imbalance in the ease of which it is to level a craft to 110, fishing and cooking have it very easy while all other crafts are far more challenging, using a player run website shows these figures across all servers for 110 crafts:

Smithing - 5
    Clothcraft - 8
    Alchemy - 14
    Woodworking - 27
    Goldsmithing - 0
    Leathercraft - 13
    Bonecraft - 9
    Cooking - 293
    Fishing - 1945

Now I'll accept that fishing isn't truly a craft and can be attained alongside a players chosen craft but cooking especially shows more than triple players at 110 than all the other crafts combined and for me that is all down to the need for many crafts to have to make hexed gear to skill up but then having limited supply of materials while cooking has a 110 synth available to them with materials that cost less than 50k going by Cerberus prices.
    (0)

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast