Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I really think SE should add a 2nd tier of the Aern type weapon line up, and make this line-up very powerful with the possibility of each weapon having its own unique WS. Moreover, I think these weapons should be fitted with it own very potent evolith. There alot of things can be done with synergy making its own rare/ex type gear and weapons and I would like to have that area explored alot more. Next I think SE should GREATLY improve the power of evolith stones, because alot of them are just flat out awful. SE please remove the VS. Family crap we see from a bunch of evolith stones. To make evolith valuable and more accepted among the player base and especially the crafters these stones need to have UNIVERSAL STATS.

I have an AERN Greatsword (the Galatyn), in which I worked hard to get and make, and it upsets me that I can no longer use it. I wish SE should adleast add synergy recipe to enhance the sword I already have and take it to another level or add a new recipe of a 2nd tier of these weapons all together. However I refuse to get rid of the sword for the hopes that SE will offer the option to enhance it or use the sword for a synergy recipe to create a new weapon. Hopefully SE will consider this and give more exploration into synergy making its own line of POWERFUL rare/ex weapons/armors.
    (1)

Character
    Chronofantasy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As synergy is advancing through future updates I think the original crafting system should advance too. I looked at the synergy ingredients for 70+ before and most of the good materials need a high lvl Goldsmith, and since I took the less profitable path of taking cooking to 100+ and having alchemy at 60, I think I would like to get Goldsmith to 100 one day too if we're able to take two crafts to 100.
    (0)

Character
    Pagronith
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd like to add in my thoughts regarding synergy, multiple 100 crafts, and possible crafting ideas.

Synergy itself actually has a level requirement on certain crafting skills for certain recipes. While I'm set for any clothcraft-based synergy recipes, I usually have to scrounge up help for something like say smithing or cooking. I made several of my friends Bakery Platters for a Christmas gifts 2 years ago. However, I had to find a high level Cook in order to make this recipe who just stood in the same zone as I synergized the platters. I would like more options to do synergy on my own despite its group-based dynamic. Most people I know dislike synergy and thus usually just stand in the zone as I do the work.

One thing that irks me about synergy is the idea of a minimum crafting skill requirement for some recipes such as the Bakery Platters I mentioned above. I would prefer if Synergy became a bit like crafting in the sense that there was some variance in synergizable items, a range let's say. So let's say we have the Bakery Platter which is listed at the Adept level (81-90). It'd be nice if 2 things happened. The first, the level of allowance to be synergized had a grace of perhaps 5 levels below it's minimum level. Now this may sound like saying just lower the minimum requirement of each recipe by 5, but here's my second idea. For this grace levels, allow a small chance for skill-up while crafting this recipe on the craft skills that are within the grace period.

So let's say the Bakery Platter has a level 90 Cooking Skill requirement. Allow level 85-89 Cooks to be able to Synergize this recipe and when Synergy is complete, add a small chance for possible skill-up. As to whether to make the chance comparable to regular crafting, I'm still unsure about that. If that were to be the case, I think most recipes at the lower synergy levels perhaps should be lowered to allow for already existing high-level crafting recipes not to die out. Of course, that last statement is more of an opinion rather than part of my suggestion.

One thing I think could stimulate crafting is actually use crafted items as base items for higher-level crafting/synergy items. A simple example are Hydro Claws which use regular Claws as part of its recipe. Another example from Synergy this time are the various teleport earrings which use Silver Earrings as part of their making. Square-Enix keeps on adding new recipes using new base materials which push out older materials and recipes into the closet as if they never existed. How often have you used such obscure items such as Rainbow Velvet (a crafted material) or Tokyuu Tama-Hagane (an Oztroja NM drop)? You want to stimulate items, make more older equipment act as consumables for higher level equipment! Oh, and make sure they have some use as well even if they're side-grades. At this point, the Lore equipment which currently uses older equipment is fairly tame compared to more commonplace stuff such as the Teal set (not to mention the Lore items also are free drops from chests in Abyssea with already added augments)!

I'd also like to echo a few complaints already made. One of my pet peeves is not being able to make multiple cloths from my threads in Clothcrafting. It's not really about saving money as the crystal money for me is negligible (since I usually farm them anyways as a personal preference), but I like to save the time crafting these materials. I think the Crafting Ring which prevents HQ was a great addition since I hated seeing the HQ animation again for these crafting materials but knowing I wouldn't get any bonuses. I would probably prefer to be able to HQ my base materials though. I also would like having a second crafting guild with this new addition (and please separate Fishing Guild from the other crafting guilds).

That's my two-cents.
    (0)

Character
    Xikeroth
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I guess I'll put in my 2 cents....

I personally would like to see multiple crafts at 100, however at the same time I'd love to see he Development team STOP focusing all of their time and energy in synergy when it comes to crafting. This seriously needs to end the only thing you're really doing is killing crafting quicker. While people like to debate and say "you only say it sucks because you haven't tried it". Actually I started crafting so I could farm and make stuff WITHOUT RELYING ON ANYONE ELSE Synergy forces me to rely on others and since it makes me do that when I already have to do it enough to get anywhere in the game it makes me not want to do it. Because crafting was a thing of peace.

IN my opinion Synergy shouldn't be able to make a SINGLE ITEM AT ALL, instead it should do nothing but enhance items made by other crafts and I think the majority of the crafters would agree. Go ahead synergy nuts be blind and tell SE everything they do is perfect, the only way to get something changed about it is to complain about it enough.

The development team isn't very smart when it comes to crafting, I'm sorry but synergy DID ruin crafting on the respect that its making items that there is no reason at all say Leathercraft, Clothcraft, or smithing can't make. Someone else posted a thought I very much agree with they had synergy right when it fist came out, the ebon gear you could change the color and give buffs to through synergy were all made by the base crafts that's how it should be.

The dev team needs to think before they leap to "OMG GOOD IDEA" then have it turn into a disaster. Sure abyssea ruined crafting, but synergy didn't help. There are plenty of items on the AH that are made through synergy that have no reason they couldn't have been made through another craft. You could use synergy to enhance these items instead of make them.

SE needs to smarten up and stop focusing so much on synergy and try to give a lot of new items to make to the old crafts. I think the majority of the hardcore crafters would agree with me on this.
    (3)

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I agree that synergy should be solely for item enhancement... As it stands it doesn't make good sense that as a single craft it has so many different purposes... Etching and Evoliths and soon-to-be Augments... Why does it need to be able to create items as well when there are already other crafts specifically for that purpose?

If anything, synergy should be able to craft evoliths... Instead of the many random ways currently available to obtain worthless evolith, especially when you don't even want them, why not be able to craft them? While you're at it make them AH-able so the AH isn't as bloody empty as it's been lately... It's becoming way too common for there to be page after page of items that aren't in stock and haven't been in a very long time...
    (2)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RushLynx View Post
    I agree that synergy should be solely for item enhancement... As it stands it doesn't make good sense that as a single craft it has so many different purposes... Etching and Evoliths and soon-to-be Augments... Why does it need to be able to create items as well when there are already other crafts specifically for that purpose?

If anything, synergy should be able to craft evoliths... Instead of the many random ways currently available to obtain worthless evolith, especially when you don't even want them, why not be able to craft them? While you're at it make them AH-able so the AH isn't as bloody empty as it's been lately... It's becoming way too common for there to be page after page of items that aren't in stock and haven't been in a very long time...

Synergy is NOT a stand along craft, in enhances your current crafting discipline. You basically can not make anything in synergy without having a crafting skill. Giving recipes to synergy is giving recipes to crafting, a goldsmithing synergist CANNOT make the samething as a blacksmithing synergist or a clothcrafting synergist. Btw you can't even get high synergy unless you have a high crafting skill, and you cant even cap synergy unless your a veteran in your particular craft. So that's how I know the people that are complaining about synergy are sub lvl 100 crafters and even sub veteran crafters. Synergy is a mechanism that enhances a players crafting skill and uses the player's crafting skill to make greater items, and its not a whole another craft all together but rather a system built around crafting and it cannot exist without the crafting skill. Any +75 weapon or armor synergy recipe requires a Adept or a Veteran crafting skill to make the item, most require a Veteran, so if your NOT a veteran you have no right to even comment on synergy. Because the crafting boat have long sailed you by, the grind to the top is even harder. 1st you need to get your respected craft too 100 then after that you need to push your synergy to 80. Synergy is the 2nd tier to your crafting skill, and like I said before..If your not a veteran crafter you will not be able to make +75 eqiupment with your synergy.

Furthermore vast majority of the recipes in synergy requires crafted items, so thats another fallacy going on in these forum from sub veteran crafters. Anything for a Goldsmithing synergy take almost all its items from base goldsmith crafting, for example all the ingots, the variance of ingots, the base high lvl rings even right down to the new jewels are cut using the traditional goldsmithing crafting system, to bring that all together is what the goldsmithing synergy is for to make the final product. Blacksmithing synergy is the same way, it uses the Smithing crafting skill to make the majority of the base items. Moreover blacksmithing synergy uses base items that needs too be made by multiple other high lvl crafts, items such as cerberus leather, durium ingots phrygian ingots etc. So when someone says or refers to synergy as a stand alone craft it just speaks of ignorance.
    (1)
    Last edited by Cljader1; 04-13-2011 at 04:58 AM.

As a crafting junkie (100+6 Gold 80 Synergy most subs 60) I don't think having 2 100 lvl crafts will do much at all for the issues crafters have been facing because it doesn't address one of the biggest problems we are having. Materials for synthesis. While having 2 crafts at 100 would be very cool, if there is nothing to make because of the lack of mats, it would be a mute point. Since the introduction of Abyssea most other areas have been deserted which in turn makes the materials that used to drop in those areas no longer available which in turn makes the final item that it was used for no longer available. This is why most of the time the auction house has been empty of materials and why countless crafters are hovering around the auction house camping items. Either give players a reason to go to non Abyssea areas again or have the items that are needed for several crafts drop in abyssea. Until the materials are readily available again it dosnt matter of you can have 5 level 100 crafts.
    The other recommendation that i hope may get implemented is the HQ synths that yield nothing different then a NQ. Its a complete smack in the face to yield a HQ that is the same as a NQ and what makes it even worse is that its usually followed by a critical fail on the next synth. A HQ should ALWAYS yield something better. If its an item like a cloth or a thread it should yield more then 1. If its something like a reraise earring a hq maybe should be a reraise2 earring, etc. And a critical fail being over 50 levels above cap should be completely eliminated. Thats just ridiculous. Some people choose not to do synergy and in their defense there should be other synths released that are Non Synergy synths. To spend years getting crafts to lvl 100 and never having any new items for them to make is also a smack in the face. All the new items cant be Synergy synths only like it has been. I am a synergy addict but in all honesty its not fair for non synergy crafters to not have new items to make. In fact the best items of the game should come from crafters. It gives them a reason to craft. While abbysea is fun and has great drops and trials.... the best gear of the game should come from crafters. If that is addressed and the materials problem is addressed the economy should come back to life again and there wont be a million people gathering around the auction house just waiting for something to come up for sale.
    (3)

Character
    Nephilipitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Xikeroth View Post
    IN my opinion Synergy shouldn't be able to make a SINGLE ITEM AT ALL, instead it should do nothing but enhance items made by other crafts and I think the majority of the crafters would agree. Go ahead synergy nuts be blind and tell SE everything they do is perfect, the only way to get something changed about it is to complain about it enough.
    You're off your rocker. So you have problems with synergy being used to make teleport earrings? You have problems with Synergy being used to make some arrows and bullets? Get off your high horse man. Synergy is something new Square Enix tried out, and these adjustments mean that you and a friend can have up to 4 crafts capped out. If you can't get a friend to join your party for a few minutes while you make a couple items, or to party up with you while he AFKs and you craft... that's your own problem.

I didn't start up crafting so that I could be a lone wolf. I started up crafting to help people out like making Quake Grenades for LS members, or making profits on item X Y or Z. You relied on people to make items from other crafts, and put them up on the AH or to sell them to you directly or what ever else. So now you have to form a party with a skill you don't happen to have. Grow up. Heck all crafts at level 80 will make you MORE sufficient at Synergy since most Synergy up to this point don't require you to have more than 1 craft above 80. So all you're doing is QQ because crafting is perfect in every conceivable way that you personally want it to be.

In my opinion they just need to add higher level gear that means something to crafting 100 or even make the max go up to 110 or something and they could add really nice lvl 95 or 99 gear to old crafts, or even make base items for synergy to craft up, or to enhance, or what ever.

As someone who is focusing on taking synergy up to cap most likely, I still either need to level up goldsmithing or bonecrafting to 80+ or get other people to craft the ingredients for me for the bullets and arrowheads needed to make bullets and arrows. But if I was doing another craft instead of synergy, it'd still be the same story. I'd have to have other people do the crafts for me cause there's no way I'm making a party worth of mules just so I can have all the crafts covered in some way.

I like the direction of crafting, I'd just like to see some new powerful items that could be made for 80+ level range in the older craft system so that people who did that much work, still have relevant gear. But to act as if Synergy should ONLY be enhancement and anything else it does is just pure wrong, is just arrogance. There's enough room for all crafts to make items of worth.
    (1)

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Synergy is NOT a stand along craft, in enhances your current crafting discipline. You basically can not make anything in synergy without having a crafting skill.
    I never said that it was a "stand alon[e] craft"... But thank you for proving my point that synergy being able to craft various armors is completely pointless and simply depriving the respective crafts of their own recipes...

If the synergy recipe calls for clothcraft skill, and makes cloth-based armor, why isn't that armor a clothcraft recipe rather than a synergy recipe? It doesn't make any sense. My point is, that each craft makes certain types of equipment and uses certain types of materials... It makes sense... Synergy does EVERYTHING, and just stands on the backs of other crafts when there's no reason you couldn't just give those crafts the recipe to begin with...

My point is: Synergy does do something unique that other crafts can't do, and that's augment items and etch and insert evolith... So why isn't that the sole purpose of this craft, rather than it literally sucking in everything new like a black hole and leaving everyone else scratching their heads as to when it's going to be their turn... I already leveled a craft, it's the one I enjoy... I don't want to level another one just to be able to use the one I already leveled.
    (2)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RushLynx View Post
    My point is: Synergy does do something unique that other crafts can't do, and that's augment items and etch and insert evolith... So why isn't that the sole purpose of this craft, rather than it literally sucking in everything new like a black hole and leaving everyone else scratching their heads as to when it's going to be their turn... I already leveled a craft, it's the one I enjoy... I don't want to level another one just to be able to use the one I already leveled.
    All I can say to you my friend is that you fell behind as a crafter, you can't expect too reach a certain lvl in crafting and just sit on that for the duration of the game's life time. That's a you problem, I didn't do that I was proactive I lvled multiple crafts and continued to push the envelope to explore new innovations via synergy and its link to my multitude of crafting skills. If your not putting in the work to better your crafting skill and explore new innovations then you dont deserve to reap the benefits.
    (1)

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast