Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Synergy's biggest problem is the menus for me. Otherwise, I love the concept behind it all, just wish it worked better in practice. I was stoked to find out I could Hq my drinks. Wish I could do the same tiwh the 3 hour items too--it gets old to see lots of HQ animations on Jack-'o-lanterns.

They need to revamp the interface so you aren't constantly waiting for it to reload. IDK how the heck people do it as a group. Click add fewel, scroll down, pick your element. It remembers your last selection so you can spam it until you need to change elements, which helps a little, but there is still the lag in getting the menus up each time. Then you have an explosion and it all resets. Cast your -na spell to clear the status affliction, then it's a few seconds pause to get the @#$@#$ menu back up again. Meanwhile, the state of the furnace is ticking down. I get more time-outs on synths because of this crap.

Change Synergy's interface so it is easier to do and more people might be inclined to do it. Make it so we enter Synergy like a stance and make the synergy interface part of our main menu so we don't have to click the furnace and wait for that menu to spawn. If I could just lock-on to the furnace like a normal monster and run my synergy actions from the main menu, it would go a lot smoother.

Fewell >> element list
    Action >> Operate Lever, thwack it, etc.
    Trade
    End Synergy

Something like that as main entries off the normal menu so we can run it just like picking spells to cast during a fight. no more laggy menus, more efficient synergizing.
    (2)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello!

In an effort to enhance future development, we would like to gather some feedback from all of the crafters in Vana’diel in regards to the below. We encourage you to discuss this with your fellow players and provide feedback on the direction we’re contemplating.

As you are aware, there is a limit for craft skills where once you reach skill level 60, you are limited to 40 more levels to distribute amongst the other eight crafts (excluding fishing). As such, the system only allows you to be able to reach 100 if you gain all 40 skill levels in one craft, or you can raise two crafts to 80 if you gain 20 levels in two different crafts.

For the future expansion of synthesis and synergy, we’re looking into raising the skill level limitation from 40 to 80 during the next version update. Once this change takes place, you will then be able to have two crafts leveled to 100.

Since this change would alter the core of the crafting system, before serious development discussions begin we would like to hear feedback from all of our hardcore crafters.

The main points of adjustments beginning from the next version update and on are listed below:

• Raise the 40 skills levels that can be distributed when a skill reaches 60 to 80. (Makes possible the ability to level two skills to 100)
    • For the next version update “Revoking Craftsmanship Status” will remain the same as original (Bringing your skill down to 60). For future version updates we plan on making adjustments so that the system allows you to decide which craft skill you would like craftsmanship revoked.
    • Additionally for future adjustments we are thinking about increasing the levels further beyond 80.

This will be extremely advantageous for synergy, however, due to the fact that these changes would likely cause the number of players with skills at level 100 to increase significantly, there might be some concerns in regards to how the balance of supply and demand are affected.

After collecting your feedback for about a week, we’ll examine it closely with the development and operations teams after which we plan on working on this after the next version update. In order for us to improve the synthesis and synergy systems of FFXI please leave as much feedback as possible!
    Dear SE, can I ask why do we need two lv100 crafts all of sudden? As many people said here already, first we need crafts to become relevant/useful/worthwhile again, since aside from ninja tools and few food items it's all dead. I don't think giving your 'hardcore crafters' a grindfest just for the sake of it is what crafts need right now. Will seeing additional blue 100 on the list make anyone happy, help in any way?
    I'm really curious about your priority choices and reasoning in this.
    Don't get me wrong, two 100 are better than one (as in: less limitations), but you could maybe utilise your work time in a better way.
    (0)

Character
    Shadechaos
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I welcome the addition of levels to Crafting.

While there will be a vocal few that oppose change, the reality of it is that this is a natural progression that should happen right along with the evolution of the gameplay.

We'll adapt and the game will progress and thanks S-E for a great game.
    (0)
    Shadechaos of Seraph Bismarck
    WHM PUP BLM BST PLD COR SMN NIN RDM BRD SCH 99
    Rank 10 Everywhere, Bastok by choice
    LS:FifthElement
    Up in Arms 0/145

I have actually considered taking some time to level other crafts more now. I focused on leveling everything I needed to make all my NIN tools reliably, but that is kind of useless now with the addition of universal tools--I pretty much just make tsurara and shihei now. knowing I can take some of the other past 60 and have a shot at making some previously un available items above 60 gives me more incentive to start leveling again.

Cook(91) Alch(59) Bone(25) Leather(15) Cloth(51) Gold(27) Smith(24) Wood(49)
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Axedat
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    So far most everybody that wants to promote two crafts to 100 on the same content ID either 1) give no reason for their excitement or 2) are happy because they can level a second 100 craft without the need to log to a mule.
    The main reason they should be so overjoyed is that the two level 100 crafts can all share the same sub crafts.
    Two level 100 crafts,sharing the same subcrafts and still nothing to make.Woo!

If you can't make gil out of your current 100 craft now,you should give up! And how do you expect to level a second craft 100 financially? and then when you finally get there you need to bring up new subs.And when your finished you must compete with people like me that have been veterans in that craft for years.
    Yes you have fallen into yet another time sink trap.A waste of time,a waste of gil,no use.

And as for positive reasons for me to level a second craft on my main account,currently Bonecraft,I'd need to see new synths using my new / second 100 craft.
    As Khiinroye stated in post #61-there will be many combos with two crafts 100!
    So 100 Bonecrafters with 100 leathercraft will be able to make items that 100 bonecrafters with 100 Clothcraft can not!
    This will cause rage.

@Bigtop-post #75.Why the hell would you want to have the choice of 2 100 crafts on the same character? you already have
    "Crafts Level 100 = Alchemy, Bonecraft, Woodworking, Fishing (noted most don't consider craft),Level 96 Goldsmithing, Level 90 Smithing, and level 86 Leathercraft". Where would you begin?

SE want us to have a choice of a second 100 craft to be able to solo more Synergy synths.

Ultimately what the JP players(being the majority) want will decide the outcome of this,we need to know what their saying too.

I am an active crafter and I use what secrets crafting has left in it to make gil.Synergy is my main income,althought I hate it.

What I want and would love to see is the crafting level cap lifted to 150 and beyond.

This would give me a rush like I had leveling my main crafts and sub crafts.

It would also attract newer veterans to the race,giving them the chance to overthrow current tycoons.

Crafting rank Prosessional would be sweet.
    (0)

Player
    I'd like this change. I have a mule for every craft, most at 90-100, a few in 70s or 80s, that I've completely lost interest on because they can't do synergy without leveling couple dozen levels (one explosion and they're dead). And since they're on same account, I can't use them to help my main synergize either. I'd gladly skill up those crafts again if I could actually use them with synergy. So I'd be all for completely removing the restrictions. Two crafts to 100 is a good start.
    (1)

lol at the idea of the potential to make more gil with 2x 100 crafts being an incentive. Gil is so irrelevant if you have even 1 craft at 100. I only have one at 91 and I don't fret over gil these days.

The real incentive for me is the prospect of being able to get higher levels across more secondary crafts, opening up more possibilities not only for crafting but for Synergy as well.
    (0)

Character
    Alistrianna
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    When will we be able to sign items made via synergy! I worked hard to level my Goldsmithing to 100, to sign items like manteels and rings for my friends and I. Synergy doesn't have that option at all.
    (1)

Character
    Kiokaiel
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    I don't mind raising the restrictions on crafting to help in synergy but I would rather the cap be raised to say 120 for a craft.
    Being a Clothcrafter at 100 the highest skilled item I can make is for level 70.
    What I don't want is everything to be given to synergy.
    Synergy itself is a Fail in my opinion. AF3+2 outshines everything in the game for the most part. I understand there is still 9 levels to go and many more adjustments planned but crafting wasn't just overlooked in the recent updates it was stepped on.
    I think we need new recipes to take our crafting to say 120 that adds enough new synths for us to make gear to level 99.
    If anything the one thing I agree on is getting rid of breaking synths you are 100 over. Seriously critical breaking grass cloth 2-3 times in a row? Sure grass thread is cheap but I must say Thank you for slapping us in the face.
    I don't see any issues with unbalancing HQ items if a new tier of crafting were added as again AF3+2 outshines everything.
    I also think we should obtain the rank "Master (insert craft)".
    Currently the ONLY thing in demand on my server are consumables. Ninja tools, food, jugs, etc. Outside of that crafting is dead and 2 crafts at 100 will serve just as much purpose as 0 crafts at 100.
    We need recipes and new synths for the skills we already have. Things that people actually want.
    NOT great I just grinded a second craft to 100 so I can do synergy by myself.
    Synergy is not nor should be the end all be all for crafting armor 75+.
    (1)

Character
    Neptuna
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm all for raising the overall cap to 80 levels collectively above 60. Within the last few updates SE added some new items to be purchased with Guild Points (the 50k and 15k items). Myself, as I'm sure is the case with most people who have a craft to 100, have a stockpile of Guild Points already with their current guild. I can't see myself taking another craft to 100 without going for the +1 gear and some of the other GP items (Key Items, furniture, etc) but at the same point, I don't want to toss away my current guild point stock.

Being able to switch guilds without losing points would work, but could also be cumbersome. Having to switch each morning to turn in my GP items lol would be cumbersome. At the very least, I would like to see us be able to be registered with 2 guilds at any time. If I'm going to have 2 Level 100 crafts it would only make sense I would be able to register for both of those guilds.
    (3)

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast