Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Character
    Annewandering
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I would like to have a second craft to 100. I would really like having more than two to 100. It is very frustrating to level a mule to 100 then have to relevel related crafts to 60 again and again and again. What would be very nice is to have interaction between mules and mains. I have no idea how it could be done but if we could access our mules levels it would be wonderful.
    A selfish reward for us crafters would be to have some crafted gears be usable only by us. These would be something very difficult and very useful for all jobs. Say a Universal Kraken that is strictly only useable by the person crafting it. It would have stiff requirements such as max levels in all possible crafts, not including fishing or cooking. Kraken is only as example but hopefully you see what I mean. Nothing like a little incentive to get us excited about leveling our skills up!
    Please allow us to also use multiple guilds. At least two. I would like to not lose gp from guilds when changing but if we could have at least two guilds that wouldnt be as important.
    Cooking should be exempted same as fishing is. It is completely useless as a subcraft to any other craft. If you do cooking you are forever limited in your crafting abilities.
    Finally it is all pointless if we arent given more crafts to do that are worthwhile. How about a higher level shehie? It would be say level 103 Woodworking and would require a level 60 alchemy to make. (No higher than 60 because Alchemy is useless to Woodworking other than for this one item.) The item would carry say 6 shadows instead of the usual 3 or 4.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I hope people don't actually believe having two 100 crafts will somehow revitalize crafting. It will do nothing at all, they are doing it to boost synergy. Crafting is still dead, will continue to be dead. Se is only using it to boost something else. If they do only this, then they will have failed. If they take every consumable that is synergy only and make it craftable also, then there is a chance. My guess is they won't.

Cant wait 100k stacks of ram leather though.
    (1)

Character
    Annewandering
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    hey xbobx even if it made farming uber nice it would be great!
    (0)

Character
    Windblade
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I like the idea of having all crafts to level 100, myself, but what would make me even happier is stopping the curse of item loss when crafting items I've already leveled to. I can remember wanting a Halcyon Fishing Rod. There was one for sale on the auction house, but I had materials to make one on my mules. So I muled to two characters and got just enough materials to make a Halcyon Rod. I was way over the level for the rod, but it broke! I had to mule again to get replacement materials. I restocked my stuff, again having just enough to craft it, thinking surely I wouldn't get two breaks in a row, but I got a SECOND break and lost even more materials. This time I didn't have enough materials to replace what I'd lost and I ended up buying the darned thing off the auction house! I was so mad my eyes wanted to roll back 180 degrees and expose the nerve connections. It's so senseless. A similar thing happened just a few weeks ago, except it was just one break. I still had to mule more materials, but the second attempt succeeded. Again, I was well over the cap.

Most of the time I send more than enough materials just in case something breaks, and much of the time nothing breaks and I end up muling it all back anyway. So whether I prepare for possible failures or not, multiple mulings to make one item seems to be the biggest annoyance of all in crafting.

Removing breaks for items you've capped just seems like the most sensible thing to do. That I can break a Level 1 cooking recipe with Lv.91 cooking says that I'm able to make fantastic Lobster Thermidor, but I still mess up a pot of boiled water.

As for the problem of procuring items needed for crafting, I recommend another Guild Point Item, maybe make it a key item, or something you could equip, like an earring. It would increase the drop rate for all items needed in that craft. So in Alchemy, you'd be guaranteed at least one, maybe two beehive chips for every kill, in addition to what would have normally dropped without the equipped item.

Honestly, if I need beehive chips, I get them from low-level bees, popping them off one at a time with a crossbow bolt. It's pretty fast, but since I don't like killing mobs where others are trying to level, I often run to unoccupied areas to farm. If higher level monsters would drop higher quantities of items, it might be worthwhile to farm them. But I don't want to go kill bees in the Temple of Uggalepih when they don't drop any more than the bees in Giddeus. If higher-level bees dropped plain old beehives (working like a lighting cluster: break the beehive and get 12 beehive chips), and the drop rate was comparable to one-hitting low-level bees, I'd be more inclined to farm them. The bees in the Crawler's Nest seem like good candidates for dropping beehives.

Windblade on Odin
    (3)

Character
    Dinh
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JovialRat View Post
    i like this idea, having two 100 crafts would be nice,
    this could be the shot in the arm crafting needs.
    And new recipes utilizing both higher tiers of crafting outside of synergy would be the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Band-Aid.
    (1)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As long as this doesn't turn into synths needing 100 in two crafts, I don't really care. I'm still bitter about the dismal state of alchemy.
    (3)

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    Yeah being required to level 2 crafts in order to make anything worthwhile would force every lv100 crafter into a 2nd instead of making it optional which would cause some serious RAGE, and quite a few would just quit instead of beginning that grind again.

We do currently have some rare HQ's that might be less rare (I'd have to go look at the caps for specific synths to be sure) after what was a subskill is 100 instead of 60, but that won't be as bad as new recipes being higher in a 2nd craft. Needing 100 something and 93 something else to even try would just be a huge slap in teh face to everyone who has only 1 level 100 craft.
    (3)

I would do it 2 level 100 crafts would be interesting. Maybe add some level 91-99 items that take 2 level 100 crafts to make too.
    (0)

Character
    Lexin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I really don't know what to say other then why craft when in the games current state it's useless. When I login last thing on my mind is trying to grind out the last 27 levels of woodworking.

Now if you were to add new synths to them then yes this would be a great idea. But my guess is there is no intention of adding anything new unless it's synergy correct? Trial of the Magian also does no good when it comes to crafting armor and weapons.
    (0)
    Lexin - Pansura
    DoRK - 90
    PLD - 85

I would like "Weapon Bash" renamed "Dragoon Bash" for old time sakes...

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    Skillup rate increase would heavily devalue crafting. If anything, skillup rates should stay the same, or lower after getting one craft at 100 on a character.
    (2)

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast