Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Q: New Fishing ROE objectives.

Has anyone completed the new Fishing objective "Reel in 10 Different Catches"? Are there any additional objectives unlocked after completing it?

I can't do it because my fishing skill is too low to do the prerequisite quest. I was wondering if it would be worth it to try to skill up to do this (for ROE completionist reasons) or if there were even more difficult objectives ahead of that one.
    (0)

Character
    Kaory
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    There are objectives for up to 100 fish. They are a must (kind of) if you want the Ebisu +1, have to do 100 fish for it anyway. Best to buy a Lu Shang, start all those quests and skill up along the way.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaory View Post
    There are objectives for up to 100 fish. They are a must (kind of) if you want the Ebisu +1, have to do 100 fish for it anyway. Best to buy a Lu Shang, start all those quests and skill up along the way.
    You mean Fishing Skill 100? Not, like, "Catch 100 Fish"?

Your wording was a bit confusing, but I'm guessing it was the first (Fishing Skill 100).
    (0)

Character
    Ferocity
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Not its up to 100 different fish caught. Every time you complete one of them, the next RoE will be more unique fish to catch.
    (0)
    http://www.etherealls.com
    Prodigy - Ethereal Linkshell - Diabolos
    Ferocity - xEtherealx Linkshell - Siren
    Aegis 12/31/06
    Spharai 10/20/13
    Burtgang 01/05/15

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

The Rivalry!!

How about adjustments to quest "The Rivalry" finally as it's been almost 12+ years working on that Quest myself here and really getting annoyed in how it takes to complete that dang quest to gain a Lu Shangs fishing rod. How about anyone else??

Like drastically lower the amount of fish required or something because i'd love to knock this one out of the park before the game ends and to be able to further the rod in Raboa with the new Quest added to give it a glowing effect as well as get this rod to quickly skill up the fishing gains rate of level ups beside the Ebishu too!! Hey wonder what the fishing rod be called if you combine those rods together? Would it have an legendary godly fishing rod of lost times gone by?
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    How about adjustments to quest "The Rivalry" finally as it's been almost 12+ years working on that Quest myself here and really getting annoyed in how it takes to complete that dang quest to gain a Lu Shangs fishing rod. How about anyone else??

Like drastically lower the amount of fish required or something because i'd love to knock this one out of the park before the game ends and to be able to further the rod in Raboa with the new Quest added to give it a glowing effect as well as get this rod to quickly skill up the fishing gains rate of level ups beside the Ebishu too!! Hey wonder what the fishing rod be called if you combine those rods together? Would it have an legendary godly fishing rod of lost times gone by?
    The Rivalry is fine as it is. It took less than 2 months of fishing carp to get my Lu Shangs.
    (0)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    180ish carp a day = 55 days to finish the quest if you dont buy any off AH.

Its not that bad at all. Theres hundreds of lu shangs on every server, testament to the fact that lots of people have no issue with the quest.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just my answer as to why the change

Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    The Rivalry is fine as it is. It took less than 2 months of fishing carp to get my Lu Shangs.
    Holy Cow!!! Just doing fishing for about 2 months and nothing else, forget that..LoL!
    Yes, I have occasionally at times bought stacks of moat carp off the ah before but why, is there a bug that will increase the amount needed by doing it?

I have fished for two months once before with limited slot of one to two spaces plenty of times in doing the fishing quest with lots of breaks in fishing rods or the fishing-lines as well as fishing up other junk/items/fishes in trying to complete this quest I found that windy waters is best place that I know of to fish for those carp.

In all honesty with the game coming to a close in march of 2016 along with completing everything there is in the game by then, I don't want to add into wasting around two more months on just doing that quest x2 with everything else that has yet to be completed for my completion on x2 characters of the whole entire game by that date, LOL!!!
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 08-12-2015 at 05:19 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Step 1: get more inventory space, you want at least 30 slots open if you want to be fishing.

Step 2: get a halcyon rod

Step 3: Make sure your using insect paste

It should only take a couple hours to cap out on daily moat carps. Id say about 2

If your response is "wow, 2 whole hours of fishing a day? That sounds crazy" then lu shangs is pointless to get. Lu shangs primary use is to be able to catch Liks and Gugs for making the Ebisu.

And if you think catching 10,000 moat carp is hard, then you will never be able to handle how hard the Ebisu and Ebisu+1 quests are.
    (2)