Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Please don't nerf beastmaster

I see a JP mod has posted about beastmaster in response to complaints on the JP board.

I can't read it obviously - just the bad chrome translation - but I really hope the devs talk to all parts of the community before nerfing beastmaster.

This is the first time since I restarted playing that BST has ever been wanted in a party. I really don't want to go back to being a crap job. Also, I can't read the complaints but I hope the devs consider how many good augments it takes to actually be that useful as a BST.

Please strengthen other jobs rather than nerfing BST. I'm having fun playing my favourite job for the first time since I started playing this game. I know pets have some benefits, but other jobs still have tons of utility.
    (13)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Read BG's translation, only nerf is self-sc'ing pets.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    Read BG's translation, only nerf is self-sc'ing pets.
    That's still a pretty huge nerf tbh but better than it could have been... I don't understand the whining - it's been like 12 years of nothing but SAM ... can't a crap tier job get a break once in awhile?

Also its really sad that we don't get told this stuff at the same time as the JP players.

I also think what's missing from the conversation is that the limitations placed on BST pets mean that BST is not super useful in normal, non pet parties. Only allowing certain rolls to benefit pets for example (and only pets) means that we don't get buffed unless it is a pet only party. Tactics either have to take advantage of the unique uses of pets, or BST is not really that good.

So yeah, people will shout for BST if people are using BST at all, because pet jobs work best in pet parties. That's because of how they are designed. People complaining about shouts for BST are basically saying they want the job to be useless. Cause the only way people are using BST is in BST heavy parties.
    (7)
    Last edited by Olor; 07-10-2015 at 03:23 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    My God it's like a word for word clone of the "don't nerf Rudra's" thing.

But then how will this conclude? Will BST stay strong or be nerfed to the ground like Rudra's.
    (2)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    BST needs to be nerfed, sorry.
    (6)

Character
    Drgonz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Beastmaster is fine the way it is.
    (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Will BST stay strong or be nerfed to the ground like Rudra's.
    Rudras is just fine... its still super powerful. I don't think it needed to be nerfed but saying it was "nerfed to the ground" is a bit of an exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    BST needs to be nerfed, sorry.
    Why? It's still way less powerful than most DDs.
    (3)

Player
    Rudra's Storm was Nerf to ground because if your a THF and a DNC than you would know this. Rudra's storm is now 5x damage with low TP mod but before the nerf it was 6x damage and high TP mod. Than I said BST was next on the list now people hating the job because it get too many spotlight.

10 years running no one care about DNC because it just suck. When thief was taken down than so was DNC and they only have a spotlight for 2 months of being able to shine than it was gone after that. So at this point if your not a mythic dagger DNC than your not going to do good dmg. So it's fair to the elite and while casual player who doesn't have a mythic sit in the dark corner.

THF no matter how much they nerf this job it don't matter because TH always win in the end. People all about getting their gear fast so TH is the way to go.

10 years running BST was all alone and no one care. So when people started to care and band wagon it they wanna nerf it? It's no different when people band wagon thief and tons of people making mythic dagger for it. I like BST job because it is a fun job and If they ever nerf this job than FFXI will be boring and some Escha NM are not friendly toward job that aren't pet.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Honestly I doubt this will change too much other than some specific things... like popping plouton/perifiden wont be super easy with 2 bsts. Or a bst on his down doing some skillchaining like with lizard. But usually with multiple pets/dds it's hard doing it on purpose especially since the tendency is to use single charge moves which only have 1 lvl 1 property so not the greatest chance to skillchain. I'd imagine the lvl 3 and maybe lvl 2 property ones will stay the same since the pet can't self skillchain like that without unleash

Wonder when SE will ever nerf all the sam bandwagoning... who am I kidding hasso buff!
    (3)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    SAM is a weak DD atm... It's not even a bandwagon anymore. Do a /sea all for sam on your server and then do a /sea all for BST.
    (4)

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast