Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    So basically you're upset because a job that was designed to solo and has always been good at solo is better than other jobs at solo? makes sense...

Out of curiosity, what content are these beasts doing solo that other jobs can't? And do I mean solo. Because BST can't get any meaningful buffs from trusts and is certainly not out damaging another DD who has trust bard / cor / haste II. You can't solo escha. Requires 3 people just to pop. Can't solo delve. Can't solo vagary. So What's left that they can they do solo? One tier higher difficulty on a couple of the more gimicky AAs and Avatars that almost no one does any more anyways? Because if you use your google power, you'll find that other jobs can solo those too. Is that really what you call over powered?

You give them cor and geo buffs and 3-4 <Any DD> can beat almost anything in the game. It's been that way for most content since like oh... 2009?..
    bst can solo Delve all of them and other jobs cant?
    (1)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    And in order to get that 10 second ready time, the BST has to CHANGE WEAPONS. To a non-ilevel axe even! Meaning master is completely useless. Nevermind JA lock, so the ONLY damage a bst is doing in that situation is with their pet, and PETS ARE NOT BETTER THAN PLAYERS UNLESS THE PLAYERS SUCK.
    And yet the 10 second cooldown is so powerful people do it anyway.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
    You can ennter delve solo now?

Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    And yet the 10 second cooldown is so powerful people do it anyway.
    I could say the same thing about every disadvantage you stated about any other DD job. Your point is moot.
    (2)
    Last edited by bazookatooth; 07-18-2015 at 01:01 AM.

Character
    Mcdavid
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    And when the NIN dies, he just Mijin Gakures himself back to full power. I'd start a thread about how unfair it is that Ninja gets all those shadows and a weakness free death every hour, but I'm actually fond of my ninja and I don't mind other people having nice things.
    Oh damn, I didn't realize Call Beast was on a 1hr timer now! That really sucks for BST.
    (4)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
    Oh damn, I didn't realize Call Beast was on a 1hr timer now! That really sucks for BST.
    You should go Google all these D and VD fights people are complaining about on here. BSTs are using both their 1 hours and usually a bunch of Mulsums (@20k a pop) on top of it. Same difference. And that's not even the point. The point is that every job has advantages and disadvantages that others don't. Pets don't get shadows. Pets can only remove a few Debuffs and the ones that can be removed are on a 1 minute timer. Pets can't weapon skill nearly as often as any other job. I literally can't hit my Fudo macro as fast as I get TP on SAM. Same goes for Monk, THF, DNC, etc. Even my blu gets tp faster than I can use it when I'm not casting spells. I can drop Nukes every 3 seconds (not 10) on SCH / BLM / GEO and not really be in any danger. Even with call beast on a 5 minute timer and around 100 mil in DT- gear, I still find myself standing around impotent in events when my pet dies from time to time. Especially in yorcia skirmish where an unfortunate spawn can put you right in the path of the monsters that for some reason agro pets. Or in Escha where monsters get happy with aoe and Rewards timer can't keep up.

There's pretty much nothing a pet can do that a normal player can't do better, except survive those huge aoe's that SE loves to put on every mob and that's a problem with the game in general. Not one job. SE really needs to boost players health to Abyssea style levels if they don't want everything to be BST / PUP / SMN spam right now, because the alternative is to nerf every pet job and still not really solve the problem.
    (5)

Character
    Dew
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Please delete Bst from the game and Pup while you are at it. They are terribad jobs and should not exist.
    (5)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
    Um way before bst was sch was
    (4)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Ranged can't be buffed anywhere close to what a melee can, haste is that powerful. But BST pets blow everything away, they come out with insanely high stats and powerful TP moves. SMN doesn't touch BST in the potential damage output. I would say that BST's is by far the best DD right now because it can do all that damage, hate free and with no healer support. Pets are basically DD's that can full time TP gear while also full timing WS gear while also full timing -DT gear, having zero raise weakness and can spam TP moves back to back with impunity at the start of a fight. All without a single down side.

That is what makes it broke, it's all PRO with no CON's. We did Vagery formor zone with a party consisting of BSTx5 + COR, and two GEO's inside the tank PT. It was a total joke, everything just instantly melted and we laughed the entire time. Half the pets where capable of a circular aoe, the other were that tiger with powerful single target and conal moves. Watching as one of the GEO's, it was ridiculous how easy it was compared to other setups I've done. Geo-Fraility + Geo-Torpor + Indi-wilt + Indi-refresh (or whatever) is just WTF broken in there.
    I think you underestimate other peoples dmg and forget how low dmg enmity is right now. That 51k trueflight I posted earlier on escha nm was only helped with aurastorm 1 and malaise/acumen from a geo mule that only has dunna. That's it. And the mob didn't even glance my direction.

As far as smn well smn can actually do other things... SE seems to not want jugs to actually be useful for any other than eating dmg and dealing it... but as far as the can't touch comment they are better than you might think... sorry for the quality but had to get it from a youtube vid

(1)

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Um way before bst was sch was
    I dont think sch can solo Toji Wolfbeer solo's them all. He is a bst and even says its over powered.
    (0)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    We are talking about BST not any other job. You can start threads if you think they are overpowered. Point is, right now BST is and it needs adjustments.
    (3)

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast