Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    Rudra's Storm was Nerf to ground because if your a THF and a DNC than you would know this. Rudra's storm is now 5x damage with low TP mod but before the nerf it was 6x damage and high TP mod. Than I said BST was next on the list now people hating the job because it get too many spotlight.

10 years running no one care about DNC because it just suck. When thief was taken down than so was DNC and they only have a spotlight for 2 months of being able to shine than it was gone after that. So at this point if your not a mythic dagger DNC than your not going to do good dmg. So it's fair to the elite and while casual player who doesn't have a mythic sit in the dark corner.

THF no matter how much they nerf this job it don't matter because TH always win in the end. People all about getting their gear fast so TH is the way to go.

10 years running BST was all alone and no one care. So when people started to care and band wagon it they wanna nerf it? It's no different when people band wagon thief and tons of people making mythic dagger for it. I like BST job because it is a fun job and If they ever nerf this job than FFXI will be boring and some Escha NM are not friendly toward job that aren't pet.
    DNC is actually doing just fine. Rudra's Storm getting nerfed really didn't do much to DNC at all. I'd say more, but I don't want butthurt SAMs to get DNC nerfed.
    (6)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    SAM is a weak DD atm... It's not even a bandwagon anymore. Do a /sea all for sam on your server and then do a /sea all for BST.
    Not sure if serious...

The game population is shrinking and content is becoming more solo friendly. It would be weird if the job built specifically for playing solo didn't see an increase in people playing it under those conditions. My Sam blows my pets out of the water damage wise, using gear that took a lot less effort to obtain. But I can't solo a lot of things on Sam, so you'll see me on BST most of the time when I'm not in a group event. And don't even get me started on Magic Burst Damage.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    The game population is shrinking and content is becoming more solo friendly. It would be weird if the job built specifically for playing solo didn't see an increase in people playing it under those conditions.
    THIS.... that's what people whining about BST don't get - BST being decent is *really good* for the game at this point. It means people who are just returning without perfect gear can do things by themselves or together. And if they get better BST gear they can do more things.

Other jobs are better when you have support - when you have more than 2 or 3 people. But with the game where it is in it's lifespan - why would you want to nerf a job that lets people play the game? One of my LSes has 4 people in it. If we had to wait till we had well geared support/DD etc to do content we would never get there because you can't get gear without a stepping stone. With me as BST and another player as BST the other two people can be NIN and THF and we don't have to worry so much about no WHM or BRD or w/e.

And no one in the group really wants to play WHM or BRD... or w/e so... without BST people would be stuck playing on jobs they don't like at all so we could play. That's not good for the game.
    (6)
    Last edited by Olor; 07-11-2015 at 02:12 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The reason BST needs to be nerfed is because pets shouldn't do more damage than other DD main.
    (4)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Coming from someone who's common job is not BST, I say good for BST. The job has been in the dumps since it's release, and what else is new here? X job gets buff, x amount of people rage about it because they suddenly find it harder to get invited to groups. It's been going on for 13 years and it doesn't appear to be easing up anytime soon because SE doesn't understand or can't implement job balance. It's just one bandaid after another, and everyone waits in line for their job's turn.

I expect BST pet damage to be addressed, and it won't be because anyone here convinced them or begged enough to keep BST in the dumps so people don't have to level it for a change. It'll be because there is no way they intentionally made them as powerful as they are. It was a goof and they will fix it in the eyes of most. To BST players, it will be anything but a fix. They can fully expect to be unwanted afterwards "oh you don't do as much damage as real DD, access denied. Bring one of 6 useful job/job instead"

But sure, let's keep preaching how it's not right that BST is desired for a change.
    (4)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    The reason BST needs to be nerfed is because pets shouldn't do more damage than other DD main.
    Well, they don't do more damage than DD mains, so I guess the nerf already happened. Congratulations!... Unless of course, the "DD main" is horrible at his / her job.
    (6)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    They really don't. I bounce between about four mains, with BST as one of them, and without some serious dedication to the random augments god your damage is going to be lower than a dedicated DD, and at best equal to or just above. With proper support (something that BST can't get aside from COR rolls and mob debuffs, meaning no bard songs, pro/shell, haste, etc) a good DD can easily outdo a BST. If you're talking fodder, that means nothing, but on many bosses you'll see maybe at most 2/3 of the damage output of a real DD from bandwagon BSTs (I'd wager closer to 1/2) and drawing even on a dedicated BST.

The reason that people flip out at BST right now is "omg 12000 AoE damage!!! Look at that screenshot!" in rapid succession. Three quick charges and, with a proper level of grinding and item selection, ten seconds per charge to replenish. Yes, that is fast. But then you have to account for the content (you'll quickly see those numbers drop in current endgame, except for niche situations), the fact that those ten second cooldowns will come back at you quickly and leave you with gaps in which you do very little white damage, and the fact that a DD with the proper support BST can't get will be WSing roughly every five seconds and for a total of damage that either meets or exceeds that a BST can do. Then you have to consider costs of healing; you can't toss a cure spell at a pet, you have to either use Reward with its cooldown, or burn gil on Dawn Mulsums. At 2k/Theta (RoV) or 20k/Mulsum (at least on Valefor), anything moderate in length, especially events, can burn a hole in your wallet over time. Sure, money's easy enough to get, but how many non-pet jobs are required to spend gil to heal themselves?

So yeah, BST is in a proper place right now, especially with the game becoming so solo-friendly as it nears the end of new content.
    (3)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Not true actually, with GEO debuff and cor roll they can out damage most DD atm, even with just GEO debuff. Using ready every 10s or so is that powerful, especially with a NM that spams debuffs on players. Also the whole "don't nerf bst or people won't get things done" is really silly when you can solo on a lot of jobs, not just BST, thats just the one that takes barely any skill to do.
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    Not true actually, with GEO debuff and cor roll they can out damage most DD atm, even with just GEO debuff. Using ready every 10s or so is that powerful, especially with a NM that spams debuffs on players. Also the whole "don't nerf bst or people won't get things done" is really silly when you can solo on a lot of jobs, not just BST, thats just the one that takes barely any skill to do.
    BST is broke as f*ck right now, especially if you combine them with a COR and GEO. 12~14K ability spam with base stats higher then fully geared 119 melee's. A completely disposable, hate free method of dealing extremely high amounts of damage to target NM's without needing a healer or tank. It would be like if SAM could do 12~14K fudo's, instantly refill it's HP whenever it dies and has 30~50% DT. This wouldn't be a big issue except with Ready being a 30s base, and BST being able to lower it further, it turns into a situation where two or more BST's can just spam TP moves non-stop and murder whatever they are fighting all while they stand safely in the back eating cookies and chilling.

And BST requiring to little skill is precisely the reason you see so many of them monopolizing everything. It's piss easy to toss a few pieces of gear and start chunking pets at things. It's always been one of those jobs that was either extremely broken or extremely useless.
    (4)
    Last edited by saevel; 07-12-2015 at 01:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post

Why? It's still way less powerful than most DDs.
    Even if that were true, surely you don't need an explanation as to why a disposable pet shouldn't have a damage output competitive with an actual player? If pet + BST have higher DPS than a solo DD, that would maybe be fine, but that's not how people are using BSTs.

The game population is shrinking and content is becoming more solo friendly. It would be weird if the job built specifically for playing solo didn't see an increase in people playing it under those conditions. My Sam blows my pets out of the water damage wise, using gear that took a lot less effort to obtain. But I can't solo a lot of things on Sam, so you'll see me on BST most of the time when I'm not in a group event. And don't even get me started on Magic Burst Damage.
    No, SAM really is pretty mediocre right now, if not outright weak; it's got all the problems of WAR and DRK, just to a less extreme degree.

I've shelved mine; why bother with my SAM when my DNC is doing more damage, and is, well, a DNC?
    (1)
    Last edited by scaevola; 07-12-2015 at 02:47 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast