Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Do Trust level automatically when we do or do we have to re summong them?

Hoping for a dev/community rep response on this.

I find even if i level more than 10 times without resummoning to have no issues with weaker trusts when i move to harder mobs. With Ilevel Trusts stats/level will change with your ilvl when you gear swap. But I am reading that you have to resummon them everytime you level ( < 99) and I have never heard this before.

So just hoping even though they dont reply too much these days a dev or com rep might be nice enough to answer for me. Do the level up automatically or should I resummon them (Like how Pups need to resummon pets when they level.)
    (0)

Hey Trumpy,

Trust magic does indeed work similarly to automatons, where if the puppetmaster levels up they need to Deactivate and Activate so that the automaton receives it’s increased stats. The same holds true for alter egos, so if you level up with alter egos in your party, you should dismiss them and call upon them again to bring their stats up to your current level.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Would it be possible to note this in game for new or returning players that might not read the forums?
    (2)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Thank you very much Grekumah, and good suggestion Economizer!
    (0)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Hey Trumpy,

Trust magic does indeed work similarly to automatons, where if the puppetmaster levels up they need to Deactivate and Activate so that the automaton receives it’s increased stats. The same holds true for alter egos, so if you level up with alter egos in your party, you should dismiss them and call upon them again to bring their stats up to your current level.
    You know it's 2015, isn't it about time FFXI managed to catch up to the umpteen MMOs that have come out since its release and automatically level pets/minions/whatever? Surely it can't be hard?

/sigh
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Stop crying. At least we have an answer.
    (0)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm not sure if it's possible to program.
    But then again, they did it in Monstrosity.
    When you level up you automatically gain spells or JA's (sure they show up at the bottom of your list, but that's besides the point).
    As long as certain JA's and spells are in a list for a Trust to use, their combat AI should be able to implement them.
    However, I think it's the increase in stats and mainly auto-fill of HP and MP is the reason why it can't work.
    (0)