Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Dear SE, once and for all, does Treasure Hunter affect Defending ring drop?

Dear SE,
    Once and for all, does Treasure Hunter affect Defending ring drop? The best information I can find from the community is a little speculative. Can you give the straight truth?

Thank you!
    (2)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Dear SE,
    Once and for all, does Treasure Hunter affect Defending ring drop? The best information I can find from the community is a little speculative. Can you give the straight truth?

Thank you!
    yes. It does.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    yes. It does.
    No, it doesn't. You will always either get a Pixie Earring or a Defending Ring, TH can't boost your chances.
    (5)

Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    it 100% definitely does or does not maybe help
    (1)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Dear SE,

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    yes. It does.
    Nope, it does not. It's a shared drop of Pixie Earring (92%) or Defending Ring (8%) (or somewhere around those percentages). Square-Enix patched the NM to where it has a set percentage to either drop 1 item or the other back around when King Behemoth was introduced back in 2003 or 2004. They also patched King Behemoth to only drop the item at the percentage regardless if you held the pixie earring or not, making it impossible to be 100% drop if you had the pixie earring in inventory.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ladynamine; 07-09-2015 at 09:55 AM.

TH can increase the chance of there being a drop if it isn't 100%. Defending Ring slot already has 100% chance of a drop, just the item inside that drop slot has two possibilities. TH wouldn't increase the percentage of the rarer item.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    No, it doesn't. You will always either get a Pixie Earring or a Defending Ring, TH can't boost your chances.
    TH doesn't boost your chances of getting A drop. But that doesn't mean it can't increase your chances of a specific drop. It's quite possible that it's coded in someway that rolls for D ring then if not dropped gives pixie
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    TH doesn't boost your chances of getting A drop. But that doesn't mean it can't increase your chances of a specific drop. It's quite possible that it's coded in someway that rolls for D ring then if not dropped gives pixie
    Using my own dumb luck as an example I just can't see that being the case, I know plenty of people who got a dring without much hassle killing KB on non-THF jobs, while I a lot of the time am on THF, I don't stack TH but I hit it with TH8 anyway and have been using beastly/savory shanks every login campaign since they started without success. FFXIDB shows identical drop rates between TH2 and TH3+, whereas if TH affected it you'd see even a small percentage increase but they're both 4.9%.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Treasure Hunter will not boost your chance of getting a D Ring.

The "slot" in which Defending Ring can drop will ALWAYS "drop". It has an approximately 5% chance to be Defending Ring, 95% chance to be Pixie Earring. Treasure Hunter does not even come into the calculation, as that 'slot' is 100% every single time all the time guaranteed to 'drop'.

Treasure Hunter only affects things that do not have a 100% drop rate. Sometimes multiple items can be tied to the same "drop slot". In the case where two or more items occupy the same "slot", Treasure Hunter has no affect on which of those items in that "slot" will drop when the "slot" "drops". In this case, the "slot" in question will ALWAYS drop.

The sheer amount of misinformation and bad information about this game, especially at this point in its life, is staggering. Extensive testing has been done on all this. Visit ffxiclopedia or bgwiki and look up Treasure Hunter.
    (0)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    The sheer amount of misinformation and bad information about this game, especially at this point in its life, is staggering. Extensive testing has been done on all this. Visit ffxiclopedia or bgwiki and look up Treasure Hunter.
    That's the point of this thread. Just because testing has been done in the past means next to nothing because FFXI isn't open source. SE can twiddle the drop rates and conditions all they want and you'd have to keep testing indefinitely to be absolutely sure. The point is to get SE to TALK TO THE FREAKING COMMUNITY. It's like pulling teeth, I swear.

(this doesn't even mention the disparity between the developer's intent and what actually gets implemented - which if you've been paying attention for years - isn't always the same thing! hell, there could be a bug they don't even know about because they don't care and don't pay attention. until the source code is open, i'm all for holding their feet to the fire to answer (in specifics!) every unknown that people are still curious about.)
    (4)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast