Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Update severely affected BP DMG, gathering info

To be clear this only seems to effect magical bloodpacts. I'm going to repost this here to try and see if anyone else has any input on this and raise awareness of this because it's a really big deal for summoner, Papesse tested after the update:

There have been 3 reports from Japanese players on the official forum. 2 are now in "Unable to Verify" section, the third is still in "Accepted Bugs".

From my personal testing :
    The nerf/glitch only affects magical Blood Pacts and is rather strong depending on the BP.

Before the update
    Somnolence Vs Wild Rabbit : 3057 damage
    Nether Blast Vs Wild Rabbit : 5267 damage

After the update (with the same equipment)
    Somnolence Vs Wild Rabbit : 1721 damage (43,7% dmg decrease)
    Nether Blast Vs Wild Rabbit : 3971 damage (24,6% dmg decrease)

The "Blood Pact damage" job point category doesn't seems to be the cause, although it was the only SMN thing patched on this update.

Lv 99 SMN with 0/10 JP on Blood Pact damage
    Nether Blast 757
    Somnolence 303
    Night Terror 1104
    Impact 1366
    Wind Blade 1254

Lv 99 SMN with 1/10 JP on Blood Pact damage
    Nether Blast 762 (+4)
    Somnolence 307 (+4)
    Night Terror 1108 (+4)
    Impact 1371 (+5)
    Wind Blade 1258 (+4)

Avatar/Spirit Mag. Damage has 0 effect on our BPs also (is it normal? was it always the case?) but I don't think it can be the sole reason to explain a so big drop in damage.
    It now takes more than one heavenly strike to kill acuex too. Which basically halves the rate smn can solo CP. Has anyone else come up with why this might be so radically changed or why magic dmg isn't working? It seems an oversite and a bug because so big a change would have been documented in the patch notes, but the only thing there was for the job point category and that clearly isn't the cause of 20 to 43% drop in dmg on magical bloodpacts.
    (1)

Greetings,

The development team has been looking into this as we’ve been receiving various reports. As a result of testing, we’ve discovered that magical Blood Pact damage is lower than usual, and we’ve also determined the cause.

When equipping the following items to increase your avatars’ level, the additional magic damage that they should have been receiving was not being properly reflected.
    • Nirvana
    • Nirvana (Afterglow)
    • Asteria Mitts +1
    • Lamassu Mitts
    • Convocaller
    • Dashavatara Sachet
    • Eminent Sachet
    • Idaraaja
    • Seraphicaller

Additionally, the effect from the gift that gives increased spirit and avatar magic attack was also not being properly reflected.

We’re currently working to resolve this issue, and we are planning to fix this during the maintenance tonight.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Very nice, thats good to hear.
    (0)

way to go team!
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Go Team Venture!
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Go Team Venture!
    (1)

Character
    Llink
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Tytytytytytytyty
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Go Team Venture!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    LoL! Interesting cheer GIF! I'm currently leveling SMN on my longest old main character Blondelle on the Leviathan server but still trying to get my 2nd character Yogorock up into being the main character while running an ls at the same time..um.. anyways, this will be interesting to see as to reach the highest level's a SMN I can be on either or both characters!..
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 07-11-2015 at 08:14 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Player
    yay devs! now if yall can just fix the bayld issue, you know, the issue that you have had every time there is a balyd campaign? and each time yall promise to fix it and never do? instead of " dev team is already busy with this, that, and the other" i would really like to see a post like this for the balyd issue. just sayin, since we have 400 promises to fix it and it still isnt fixed.
    (2)