Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Guardienforce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 73

Nightmare becoming true ... save PS2 and xbox version PLEASE SUPPORT

They stopping updates for ffxi soon ... so what's the problem of stopping ps2 and xbox support .... they'll only make simple bug fix so no real lot of problem of making lil patch like these on all systems , man this game was designed for console , final fantasy are all on consoles. Even if you play on pc you dont want the already low population too be cut again .... heck they play not to even merge servers ...

anyways enough whyning.. Please support so we save consoles ..
    (1)
    FFXI on PS4 , Xbox One !! Make it Happen . Long life to FFXI

Sony is shutting down their DNAS servers in March, which FFXI requires to be able to connect. Also, SE's supply of PS2 devkits to compile the files for PS2 to implement bug fixes are dwindling. They can't get more devkits, they've already bought every one available in the world that anyone was willing to sell. They can patch the PC client, but they can't make new assets (graphics and sounds/music) once the devkits stop working, so they're rather stop releasing new content and stop using the kits before they all fail. Xbox 360 support is also ending because Microsoft is shutting down the server that is used to connect to the FFXI servers.

So partially, it's not SE's choice to keep console support going, if the parent companies of the consoles shut down their matchmaking and authentication servers.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    "heck they play not to even merge servers ..."

Assuming you mean "plan" have they actually said that anywhere?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Seillan View Post
    have they actually said that anywhere?
    I don't have a link, but I believe they said they don't want to merge servers until after Rhapsodies is done.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDragonSYNC View Post
    Please support so we save consoles ..
    I really don't understand the opposition to playing on PC. PCs have HDMI ports and support controllers. FFXI also has really low system requirements. Consoles have held the game back since 2002, why continue to do so after its swan song?
    (2)
    Last edited by Catmato; 07-04-2015 at 11:18 AM.

The move entirely to PC will kill a good portion of the JP population from playing the game, as PC gaming is nowhere near as popular as console and mobile gaming there. By decreasing the population, the risk increases of the game no longer being profitable, and thus them shutting it down completely. However, with the Sony-and-Microsoft-hosted servers shutting down, there is no choice unless they wanted to spend a ton of money making new development tools and writing a new client for a more modern console. There's little point in doing that with how profitable DQX and FFXIV are in comparison.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I really don't get it, you could get a bottom of the range PC for peanuts and be able to play FFXI on it, there really is no barrier to switching when it happens.
    (3)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    I don't have a link, but I believe they said they don't want to merge servers until after Rhapsodies is done.
    Yeah, I thought I remembered reading something like that myself. That's why I was wondering where the OP came to the conclusion that they had no intentions of merging them at all.
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    The move entirely to PC will kill a good portion of the JP population from playing the game, as PC gaming is nowhere near as popular as console and mobile gaming there. By decreasing the population, the risk increases of the game no longer being profitable, and thus them shutting it down completely. However, with the Sony-and-Microsoft-hosted servers shutting down, there is no choice unless they wanted to spend a ton of money making new development tools and writing a new client for a more modern console. There's little point in doing that with how profitable DQX and FFXIV are in comparison.
    PC gaming may not be popular in Japan, but that doesn't mean they don'y have computers. There's a difference between being a PC gamer and playing one game on PC.
    (0)

Character
    Guardienforce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 73
    I have à pc i even play ffxi on thé pc sometimes but i wanna Keep bèing able to lay back on my sofa and play on a big screen with à controller. Idc if its costing them money Se have à réputation to save before thinking of greed like that. I dont understand why you Guys want it to shut so bad on console.. They wont update thé Game anyways. Like once 3 month they said and it will probably mean minor update. It could have à secound wind on ps4 and no montly fée. I think that could attrack lots of players back in game and as a console gamer i would bè happy but they wont so Please dont shut down ps2 lol. And Please Guys support
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by LeDragonSYNC View Post
    I have à pc i even play ffxi on thé pc sometimes but i wanna Keep bèing able to lay back on my sofa and play on a big screen with à controller. Idc if its costing them money Se have à réputation to save before thinking of greed like that. I dont understand why you Guys want it to shut so bad on console.. They wont update thé Game anyways. Like once 3 month they said and it will probably mean minor update. It could have à secound wind on ps4 and no montly fée. I think that could attrack lots of players back in game and as a console gamer i would bè happy but they wont so Please dont shut down ps2 lol. And Please Guys support
    Out of order to be accusing SE of greed, especially since it has already been explained it's not SE's actions that are stopping PS2 + 360 support, Microsoft are closing 360 servers and Sony have only been keeping servers up as a favour to SE, it is literally the only PS2 game still with online capabilites.

As for sitting back with a controller, the PC version is more than capable of being played with a controller.
    (2)

11. 07-05-2015 04:46 AM

12. 07-05-2015 04:47 AM

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast