Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Guardienforce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 73
    i'd wonder how you guys would react , : FFXI directer yoshimoto has announced the close of support for PC , peaple will still be able to log in trough their xbox and ps2,

-No don't shut down the PC!!! the americans are on PC this will shut down the player base
    - who cares SE said it was costing to much money for those players to invest cause there too much PC players and that involes too much servers soo to much staff to pay to keep continuing support on pc. Plus SE was just hosting those server has favor to microsoft windows PC. thanks you for years of involment in FFXI we looking foward see you online the FFXI team
    (0)
    FFXI on PS4 , Xbox One !! Make it Happen . Long life to FFXI

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    They can patch the PC client, but they can't make new assets (graphics and sounds/music) once the devkits stop working, so they're rather stop releasing new content and stop using the kits before they all fail.
    This is the weakest excuse ever. They're dropping PS2 support, so needing a PS2 devkit to make new assets is stupid.

The JP population evaporating with the PS2 makes some sense because no company would be so insane as to support a platform that has been otherwise killing their once intensely profitable MMO for the last five or six years.

As for the person complaining about PS2 support getting dropped, get any PC made in the last decade, you can buy them used for dirt cheap (and reinstalling Windows if you're worried about the last person's files is super easy too), then get a USB adapter for your controller since that's the only legit excuse you couldn't hack it at playing on a PC, and spend five minutes mapping your controller. If you're using a PS3 controller the adapter is just the cord to charge it even.
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwelljr
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1

Why not create a PS3 and/or PS4 version?

If PS2 isn't possible (e.g. dev kit issues), why not port to PS3 and PS4? Consoles are NOT dead!
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by IBHalliwellJR View Post
    If PS2 isn't possible (e.g. dev kit issues), why not port to PS3 and PS4? Consoles are NOT dead!
    FFXI isn't worth the cost of porting it to PS3 or PS4.
    (1)

Character
    Guardienforce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 73
    yah SE is such too poor ... i mean with 2.3 million players in ff14 at 15 $ per month just for ff14 profit , they surly don't have the money to port ffxi on ps4.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Porting FFXI because FFXIV is profitable makes no sense whatsoever.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by LeDragonSYNC View Post
    yah SE is such too poor ... i mean with 2.3 million players in ff14 at 15 $ per month just for ff14 profit , they surly don't have the money to port ffxi on ps4.
    He's saying that the FFXI property is not valuable enough to port. I'm sure they have plenty of money for it.... but Square Enix is not a charity. They're not going to sink R&D money into propping up a 12 year old product that's already losing popularity. They're going to sink it into potentially profitable new ventures, such as the recently announced FF7 remake.
    (0)

Character
    Guardienforce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 73
    I'd like to sincerly apologies to everybody i irritated in this thread . Looks like no body cares about PS2. SO be it. I'll play it till march 2016 and then , like you guys suggested i will move on to PC. As for the future of this game : (No montlee fee ) or/and PS4 & Xbox one port would attrack lots of players back in the game. If still you guys think it's a waste of money for SE , then merging servers would be the last viable option i see to have a cool crowded realm with lots of pep on it and that would let the game survive more long. Also maybe SE as more bullets in pocket that we think and might aswell do us surprise and completly reupdate the engine UI fix bugs add more userfreiendly things to the game since they won't have the system limitation they had , who knows ? yes sometimes cool things happens .. I think i can close this thread on this note of positivism.
    (0)
    Last edited by LeDragonSYNC; 07-05-2015 at 01:33 PM.

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Porting FFXI because FFXIV is profitable makes no sense whatsoever.
    So rebuilding FFXIV from scratch when FFXI was more profitable makes sense? Of course it makes sense to update/upgrade ffxi for ps4/PC or at the least PC, they could have two profitable MMO's (subscription cost reduction for having both) instead of just one.
    (4)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by IBHalliwellJR View Post
    ermm... because they would still need a PS2 devkit...
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast