Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SMD111 View Post
    the PS2 Devkit is the same as a ps2 in hardware but it has some software that allows companies to build and test unregistered game data and get code debugging data if something does not work

thay also have other things i dont know about
    Those are the two important ones. Personally As I've said it before, with that announcement of the Emulation-Backwards compatibility for the Xbox One. That's the closest thing to extending the life on the game consoles. As it adds an avenue for a digital download and a chance to keep some of the existing player base that play there. I know that all of you that play on the PC don't want that, but to be honest, you should want ANYTHING to keep people playing and a way to open up to new players. Consoles may not have the power or the graphics, but the do have the mainstream and simplification. Insert disc, pick up a controller, play. No configuration, No Button Mapping, just game playing. Also, Speaking of button mapping... I still can't get this 360 controller to work on my PC.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Those are the two important ones. Personally As I've said it before, with that announcement of the Emulation-Backwards compatibility for the Xbox One. That's the closest thing to extending the life on the game consoles. As it adds an avenue for a digital download and a chance to keep some of the existing player base that play there. I know that all of you that play on the PC don't want that, but to be honest, you should want ANYTHING to keep people playing and a way to open up to new players. Consoles may not have the power or the graphics, but the do have the mainstream and simplification. Insert disc, pick up a controller, play. No configuration, No Button Mapping, just game playing. Also, Speaking of button mapping... I still can't get this 360 controller to work on my PC.
    Awe!..But here is the thing, it's been mentioned many times in many different threads on how to get those controllers to work on your PC and also been mentioned in many different ways to do it too.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Devkits aren't exactly the same hardware. They have more CPU and RAM, and they run the development software to write code, export it to hard drive and recordable media. They weren't simply sold, they were licensed, and were supposed to be returned to Sony when no longer in use.

Units that say TEST are the part of the devkit used to run the created software for bug testing. Units that say TOOL run the Linux environment with the programming tools and compilers to make software for the platform. Sony only made TOOL units in limited quantities for licensed software developers for the platform, and more TEST units for them to use for internal testing.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    Awe!..But here is the thing, it's been mentioned many times in many different threads on how to get those controllers to work on your PC and also been mentioned in many different ways to do it too.
    Still can't get it to work, so... makes no difference if it's been mentioned.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    the xbox 360 controller is plug and play. The only time you have to do anything tricky is if you want to use the triggers instead of the bumpers for macros.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    the xbox 360 controller is plug and play. The only time you have to do anything tricky is if you want to use the triggers instead of the bumpers for macros.
    And that's exactly what I want to do. At this point it's all muscle memory and I want the same flow for the PC
    (0)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    And that's exactly what I want to do. At this point it's all muscle memory and I want the same flow for the PC
    Not sure if you're willing to buy a PC gamepad for XI, but I've found the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 to be a great controller for it. I actually just bought a practically brand new one off of eBay for around 40 dollars recently (they don't produce these anymore), not because I needed a new one yet, but just as a way to future-proof my experience. Logitech has a newer version of this controller as well (the F710 and the corded F310) which is still in production but I prefer the older version for the feel of the trigger buttons.

You do need to install drivers for them, and map some buttons, but in the end it's really just a minor inconvenience. All three of the controllers listed above allow you to access all of the buttons (including the triggers) without any need for 3rd party solutions.
    (1)

Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I don't understand what the big deal is. I play on PC and have a XB360 controller and sit in my sofa and play on my 55" TV screen. Only time I use my KB is for typing. Probably no diffrence to current console players..

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Just the PC, although I believe XIV is based on the idea that they will be dropping PS3 support at some point in the future, and in a long time, PS4 support as well, which is the healthy and proper way to handle MMO support of a console. The MMO either grows or it dies.

Letting a profitable MMO die is like letting your money tree break because you wouldn't water it. The water might be expensive, but growing a new money tree is notoriously hard and not always successful. Yet they certainly used the barely wilting leaves from one money tree to fund full time world class arborists to save a sapling that had snapped in half and previously caught fire, and when one of the arborists asked if they wanted to rig up a node for the barely wilting tree on their new irrigation system for free, they ripped a branch from that tree and started hitting him with the resulting stick.
    Diffrence with XI and XIV is also that they coded XIV for PC and not PS3/PS4 like with XI there they coded the game for PS2 then ported it to PC and eventually XBox.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rinuko; 07-15-2015 at 06:26 PM.

9. 07-15-2015 06:17 PM

Map the triggers with Joy2Key to Ctrl and Alt. That will make them work as macro buttons. There are multiple options to make them work. If they aren't working for you, you are doing them wrong, and you may want to set up a Skype/TeamViewer session with someone that has made it work to get assistance.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Map the triggers with Joy2Key to Ctrl and Alt. That will make them work as macro buttons. There are multiple options to make them work. If they aren't working for you, you are doing them wrong, and you may want to set up a Skype/TeamViewer session with someone that has made it work to get assistance.
    I did that, and it still wasn't getting them to show up as macros. I tried it with my Xbox, PS3, and my PS4 Controllers. :/
    (0)

12. 08-10-2015 12:51 AM
    Reason
    Found updated information

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4