Player

New Player, Long-Time MMOer

Hi, I'm pretty much new to this game. Played it a little several years ago, couldn't get into it because it wasn't very off-hours solo friendly.
    I poked around recently and noticed it has changed a lot in the recent years.
    Most notably, I noticed, were Trusts.
    So, if I start out as a warrior, and get the whm trust in Windurst, would this combo last me a good while? At least until I can get more trusts and jobs unlocked?
    My MMO experiences tell me this should be a good combo. I'm tanking and doing damage while my pocket healsauce applies said sauce as needed.
    (0)

Yeah whm trust is good. Now is a good time to join since they are having a trust extravaganza. While some are going to be out of reach since they require going to the past and having allied notes, there are special trusts available using points from Records of Eminence and conquest points - both which you shouldn't have any trouble getting.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Another little question.
    I remember giving a flower to an npc in Sandy, Windy and Bastok, and my character could leave their house/room to any of the joining areas of respective city you're in.
    If these quests are still in-game, what flowers do I need and where/whom are the npcs?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by silverwell View Post
    Another little question.
    I remember giving a flower to an npc in Sandy, Windy and Bastok, and my character could leave their house/room to any of the joining areas of respective city you're in.
    If these quests are still in-game, what flowers do I need and where/whom are the npcs?
    Yes, those quests are still in game - and better yet, completing all three gives you a second floor in your mog house now! You can buy the flowers for each quest from Upper Jeuno, M and P mart. With how fast exp is you shouldn't have too much trouble getting around - especially since now, you can warp between home points!

Here are the quests:

Windurst: Flower Child

Item: Lilac
    NPC: Ojha Rhawash (Residential Area, Windurst Walls)

Sandoria: Growing Flowers

Item: Marguerite
    NPC: Kuu Mohzolhi (Across the street from the Phoenix Perch Inn, Northern San d'Oria)

Bastok: A Lady's Heart

Item: Amaryllis
    NPC: Valah Molkot (Near Residential Area, Port Bastok)

Please feel free to ask any questions you have.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 07-04-2015 at 06:23 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Regarding not having enough points to purchase some of the trusts while the extravaganza is going on. Just wanted to mention that you can accrue Copper A.M.A.N. coupons from completing the limited time and daily Records of Eminence objectives under Quests tab of the Main Menu. Those coupons can be exchanged for any currency you're lacking if you decide to use them.

In general Records of Eminence is a good idea being a new player and all.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rwolf; 07-04-2015 at 07:56 AM. Reason: can't spell -_-

Hi, I'm pretty much new to this game. Played it a little several years ago, couldn't get into it because it wasn't very off-hours solo friendly.
    I poked around recently and noticed it has changed a lot in the recent years.
    Most notably, I noticed, were Trusts.
    So, if I start out as a warrior, and get the whm trust in Windurst, would this combo last me a good while? At least until I can get more trusts and jobs unlocked?
    My MMO experiences tell me this should be a good combo. I'm tanking and doing damage while my pocket healsauce applies said sauce as needed.
    Three trusts are always available at the start, plus extras from the monthly events. There's one for each starting city, and the Destrier Beret from buying the game lets you reraise (and there's no EXP loss below level 30) as much as you want, so you can easily run to the other cities and unlock the teleports between them. You don't have to start in Windurst. You also refill HP every time you level, so a healer isn't needed right away.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Player
    Thanks for all the responses.

I have one more question:
    I noticed two NPCs that give a quest to unlock subjobs.
    Is one easier to complete than the other?
    (0)

Thanks for all the responses.

I have one more question:
    I noticed two NPCs that give a quest to unlock subjobs.
    Is one easier to complete than the other?
    If you do the first quest for rhapsodies of vanadiel you get an item that unlocks your subjob. Then if you do two more cutscenes you get a permanent 30% boost in exp.

If you choose to do it the old fashioned way, people generally consider the one from Selbina easier.
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 07-04-2015 at 09:17 AM.

Player
    Another inquiry!
    Bazaar vs. Auction House?
    I know the ah has fees.
    Should I do just one or are certain items sold better/faster on one?

Edit!
    Is it appropriate to ask about joining an LS on the New Player threads?
    Is there an up-to-date directory?
    Any LS recommendations?
    I would love to join any rp ls, if rp is reasonably thriving in ff11.
    An active ls (that's generally helpful and doing some group stuff) would be my next sought after kind.
    (0)
    Last edited by silverwell; 07-07-2015 at 08:59 AM.

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Another inquiry!
    Bazaar vs. Auction House?
    I know the ah has fees.
    Should I do just one or are certain items sold better/faster on one?

Edit!
    Is it appropriate to ask about joining an LS on the New Player threads?
    Is there an up-to-date directory?
    Any LS recommendations?

1) It depends. You have to use bazaar to sell currencies such as dynamis coins and alexandrite and pop items. Most other stuff isn't really worth putting up a bazaar for.
    2) I would suggest using both as much as you can to save time and inventory space.
    3) I suggest you to utilize FFXIAH server forums for that purpose or try shouting in the game. There is also NPCs who hold linkpearls given to them by linkshell leaders. Most social linkshells use these NPCs to recruit new and returning players.
    4) You mean a source of information? FFXIclopedia is pretty much the most reliable one for older content and BGwiki is generally the best for more recent content.
    5) I can only speak for Asura. If you are using Reddit, there is the Reddit linkshell which is the biggest social linkshell. Other than that, there is few other social ones I know of, namely VeniVidiVici and Society.

I would love to join any rp ls, if rp is reasonably thriving in ff11.
    Roleplaying is extremely rare.
    (0)