Player

MOAR Equipsets please!

As the title says, we really need more Equipsets. I realize theres an issue with "server stress" but 100 equipsets is barely enough for 6 jobs and even then its lacking...I'd love to have more than 5 jobs I can use effectively but with only 100 equipsets its very difficult. I absolutely love equipsets, its probly in the top 5 greatest things you guys have implemented to the game, really. Then you added that awesome lockstyle which utilizes equipsets even further, which is another reason we need more of them.
    I understand most people use third party programs to do pretty much the same function but with a few more bells and whistles and really have no use for equipsets so theres not much demand for more. There are those of us however that dont know how to use said third party programs and are therefore at a disadvantage from everyone else. Please dont misunderstand me, i'm not complaining that other people can use thrid party programs and I cant, I just want a level playing field and more equipsets would go a long way in doing that. Thanks in advance SE and keep up the good work!
    (1)
    Last edited by Ang; 07-09-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I agree regarding equipset's but why not level a job that is less dependant on equipsets like a melee job? Thf or Mnk etc - neither need more then 10 out of the 100 for equip sets and even then you can probably lower that number some. Its not like you need to make equipsets for every JA etc, that you can make your own macro's with thre equip you need macro-ing in, then the wait 1, /equipset x etc.

I would love a Mog Warderobe 2 more then more equip sets right now, Im stuck on just 3 jobs due to not wanting to start moving gear around when I change jobs, maybe I can do it, but I've got so used to keeping exactly what I need in the Warderobe and in inv I simply switch jobs without any need to swap gear. I'm considering other ways of doing it tho, COR for example is taking up more equip then MNK and SAM combined (and /equipsets lol).

I'm with you about loving /equip sets tho - I Even have a few devoted to /lockstyle because there are some very ugly equipment sets and mixes out there. I don't think some ppl realize how easy it is to create an equipset purely to /lockstyle for your job as you can chose pieces from any storage facility.
    (0)

Player
    I get what you're saying about leveling a melee job thats not so heavily dependent on equipsets, but the fact is all 100 are being used for the 6 jobs I have. I'm not sure if you use THF or DRK but you might be surprised at how many equipsets are need just by those 2 jobs. I use 31 equipsets just for those. Pld is a pretty big equipset hog, dont get me started on GEO and BLM lol >.< We just need more of em...I really just cant deal with conventional macros anymore. Please add more SE >.<
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    How the heck are you using 100 equipsets with 6 jobs? That's 16 per job. Do you have a different equip set for every single action?
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    That doesn't seem all that hard to accomplish to me. If you're aiming for optimal, you're going to use a lot of sets. For example, for my Dragoon, I have the following sets: Idle (Regen), Idle (Refresh, for /mage), Idle (DT), Engaged (Standard STP), Engaged (Light Accuracy), Engaged (Heavy Acc), Engaged (DT), Engaged (DT/Acc), Jump/High Jump, Spirit/Soul Jump, Spirit Link, Healing Breath trigger (master HP+ for earlier trigger + Vishap Armet +1), Healing Breath potency, Stardiver, Drakesbane, Camlann's, and the "other WS" category... and this isn't including my sets for when Aftermath is up, which causes my gear to vary quite a bit in my various engaged sets. I'm probably even missing a handful. Dragoon is a rather simple job compared to some others; can you imagine trying this for Blue Mage or Red Mage, for example?
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Player
    I'd love to go into the specifics for each of my jobs, but thats way too much typing lol. Kensagaku pretty much hit the nail on the head though, there are specific gear sets for a myriad of situations (solo, PDT, MDT, enmity, enfeeble, fast cast, precast, midcast, WS's, enhancing, etc...) to name a few general ones, and most of those listed have a specific set for each job. It really isnt hard to fill 100 equipsets lol
    (0)

Player
    Any word on this from the Devs yet?
    (0)

Character
    Shenul
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I love doing gear swaps on my jobs, but I haven't actually embraced EquipSets yet since I couldn't upload them to a server. I play this game on at least 5 separate machines, and I've been dealing with the standard 6 line /equip macros for everything I need. On WHM, it's a pain to keep track of it all without sets! I've had to make some interesting sacrifices for gear because of it. I actually plan on abusing the heck out of EquipSets this month as I revisit all my macros. This might make me a bit more vocal about wanting more...
    (1)