Character
    Zantotaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Records of Eminence for EXP Chains

I remember back in the old day when exp parties were built around getting large EXP chains from killing tough+ mobs in succession. The faster you killed tough+ mobs the better. It was fun and challenging since one bad pull could result in chaos, disorder, and sometimes even wipes unless your group handled the situation well.

Now with book burning, records of eminence (vanquish multiple enemies), and other such factors, the leveling game is entirely focused on killing tons of weak enemies quickly instead of a few tough enemies slowly.

While I'm okay with a more laid back method of leveling, I'd like some more incentive to kill those tough enemies again.

So how about a records of eminence page that goes like this

"Earn 500+ experience from enemies with an EXP chain of 5 or higher the requisite number of times"

Number required: 0/5
    (Repeatable)
    Exp rewarded: 1500-ish

The reason for the 500+ experience is because if you have a high level in your party who is rapidly killing mobs who are easy prey to them but tough to you, then you get an exp chain but for only like 20 exp, and that kind of ruins the challenge.

This could bring some more encouragement to players that wanna do the old school style of leveling, while still allowing players to play with the current methods.
    (1)

Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I like the idea of giving players an incentive to kill stronger enemies. However, I would suggest an objective like "Defeat targets that check tough or higher a requisite number of times" 0/10. Exp reward would be 1000-5000, depending on area. Well,maybe that exp is a bit high, but I don't like the idea of this being chump exp for a difficult objective.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't really see where you're going with this. If you targeted stronger, chain worthy enemies, it would take longer and your XP per hour would decrease. So you'd lose out.

Also, if you ever fight anything in Adoulin, it's impossible NOT to complete this objective. Chains are based on the level of the monster relative to your experience level, which caps at 99. The actual difficulty and the result of /check is based on your item level, which caps at 119. Mandragoras right outside the Adoulin gates, which are the weakest mobs in all of Adoulin, are still level 100 and check as Tough with no Item level at 99, and Incredibly Easy Prey at item level 119.

This objective would also have a Sparks reward, but since it's being completed constantly, for every 5 mobs, you'd get a big flood of Sparks which could have bad consequences.
    (0)

Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Losing out on exp isn't the point: the point is giving yourself a challenge. It's not about efficiency, it's about challenging yourself. I don't mean to sound condescending when I say this, but not everybody wants to use the most efficient way/cop out strategy to accomplish something.

The sparks thing may be an issue, and I admit this May not have been well thought out. Maybe have the first objective be getting to chain 10, then chain 25, 50, 100, and so on. Maybe have the lower chain RoE be a 1 time completion, then have the 100 chain RoE be repeatable, similar to the damage RoE's.
    (0)