Character
    Seppio
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 50

This new Lu Shang's fishing quest is a bit unreasonable.

Been playing this game for years, and while I understand SE interest in completely absorbing my day and life, it still doesn't mean I won't protest once in a while. With that said, I don't feel that I agree with this new fishing quest's requirements. I shouldn't have to fish for nearly a week in every possible zone in the game, fishing often times things that don't even skill me up for what this quest has to offer. Not to mention the fact that in the end, I get an item that turns my Lu Shang's Fishing rod (which was/is worth 3-7 mil gold) into something that I cannot even sell. I'm not sure what SE was thinking when they made this quest, but it certainly wasn't logic I am use to using. In any case, my suggestion is that they reduce the amount of fish in each one of these zones drastically. Instead of 75 to like 20. Or 10. or 25. I mean, this is 16 zones they are asking you to fish 75 fish. Are you aware that that is 1200 fish and AT LEAST 6 complete fishing days of your time? Ridiculous.
    (2)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

It does seem like quite a bunch, and I've not even worked into seeing what I need for my Ebichu (Ebisu).

(I'm not going to spoil it for myself either, so it's not that I'm asking about it in this post even a little bit!)

This quest, and probably the Ebisu one too, seem like something for the completionists only, as there doesn't seem to be much use in fishing at that/this point. Or at least that's how it seems to be to me.

I do say thank you though, for doing anything at all for us with the fish and sticks!

I don't have much more to say at the time; I mainly wanted to note that you posted this in the incorrect forum. You see, this is for Website Feedback and Suggestions. ^^;

Edit:

Thanks for the move, yo!
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 07-03-2015 at 01:59 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Think of it like afterglows for R/M/E

It is 100x more work, for very little gain (other than glowy weapons + a very minor buff)
    (0)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    Think of it like afterglows for R/M/E

It is 100x more work, for very little gain (other than glowy weapons + a very minor buff)
    That makes sense for ebisu, not really for lu shangs.
    (1)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    That makes sense for ebisu, not really for lu shangs.
    Look up the Relic/empy harp/shield you can add a glow to them and get no buff, same concept. 100x the work, and even less reward than the other afterglows.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    What is this quest you're talking about? Is it in the new fishing related Records of Eminence objectives?
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    Look up the Relic/empy harp/shield you can add a glow to them and get no buff, same concept. 100x the work, and even less reward than the other afterglows.
    Except that RME weapons were always R/E where as Lu Shangs has always had the possibility of sale at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    What is this quest you're talking about? Is it in the new fishing related Records of Eminence objectives?
    It's an NPC quest that requires you to catch a bunch of different types of fish. The reward is that your pole looks like a light saber. The problem is that once you've done it, your Lu Shang's becomes R/E and you can no longer sell it.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I probably wouldn't go as far as to compare these to them “afterglows”, which are insane and mad and crazy and just plain ludicrous. ^^

They do have that in common that they seem to be something to do after one has done everything else, or doesn't feel like doing anything else. Not so much to improve what one is already doing with the items.

Except I would still never ever make “afterglows” in the current form of the trials.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.