Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Scarr
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Experience/Merit/Job Points

I believe with all of the new content these days, and the amount of job/experience/merits points it takes to get ONE thing, that the points should be increased to match the "double xp" campaign, but make it standard. This would be VERY useful as well as helpful.

I also think that SE should implement something like 1 jp to be purchased with 45 merit points! this is a very good idea, thank you.

-Scarr, Bismarck
    (7)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarr View Post
    I believe with all of the new content these days, and the amount of job/experience/merits points it takes to get ONE thing, that the points should be increased to match the "double xp" campaign, but make it standard. This would be VERY useful as well as helpful.

I also think that SE should implement something like 1 jp to be purchased with 45 merit points! this is a very good idea, thank you.

-Scarr, Bismarck
    I would spend 45 merits on 1 JP!
    (3)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I like the idea of a 1 job point to 45 merits exchange rate. When I do job points, I get tons of limit points I have no use for. It would be nice to throw those onto a job like WHM where I have trouble getting job points.

Though this has actually been brought up and SE denied it, on the idea that job points are supposed to be a per job progression unlike merits.
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I think we'll eventually see a Rhapsodies KI that gives 100% bonus to CP.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    I think we'll eventually see a Rhapsodies KI that gives 100% bonus to CP.
    I'd welcome that, but even then it won't be enough for some.
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Nope. I already want 500%.
    (1)

Well... can you blame people? I responded to a shout asking for BST for a JP party and they were like "do you have a pet MAB set?"

And ok... well... I just got back, and no, I don't. Yeah, I'll work on it, but really? Requesting niche 119 augmented gear sets to get some bloody JP? I've got a bunch of pet gear, but it's all physical aimed. Can only do so much at once, especially when even NQ stones are 100K+ and my old money-maker, dynamis money, is in the can.

(The person was really nice about it, by the way, but I just find it a pretty high bar for a glorified exp party)

Rates may be fine for people who have perfect gear and are welcomed into parties but for scrubs, its an unbearable grind, even with all the rhapsodies KIs and double campaigns. I've spent hours and hours farming JP and I have like 20.
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 07-03-2015 at 02:27 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Rates may be fine for people who have perfect gear and are welcomed into parties but for scrubs, its an unbearable grind, even with all the rhapsodies KIs and double campaigns. I've spent hours and hours farming JP and I have like 20.
    May I suggest that your possibly not making use of some of the best places BST can use to gain CP? On Mnk and Sam I solo CP on Worms, thats eactly 14JP's /hour with 2x Trizek ring uses & CP ring use (although you can't keep that rate up because of Trizeks 2hour cooldown and it has to be during double xp/cp, but I enjoy popping out their on either jobs to farm for an hour, The job I want capped more than anything is COR due to its 550 gift and stick to CP party's for that. My point being, my friend gather's up loads of mobs in the Ravine and takes them out AOE, you must also be able to solo xp worms like I can, the quicker you kill them the quicker the respawn also I've seen bst's clear bat camp, some obviously have some very good sets - The job is top of the ladder for many things right now but it takes a lot of gil and time to invest in, then buying good jugs/food over NQ stuff all adds in. Like any job their are far less good BST's then their is poor BST's but I really don't see why having a pet MAB set for gaining CP is going to help? I think the guy was thinking of the wrong pet job there.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I get 10 job points per hour minimum using mid-range gear. That's solo. If I get a party of just 4 random people with Trusts, I can get that up to 20 or more. That's much faster than 2006 merit points in even a good party. If that's too much of a grind for you, maybe job points aren't for you. The boosts aren't really even that great. I'm capped on BLM with 90 in reserve, and capped on MNK with 201 (200 + 29,999 capacity points) in reserve.

SE has been throwing boosts to capacity points left and right for the past year, but some people are like spoiled children always crying "MORE MORE MORE!!!!"
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmaste View Post
    May I suggest that your possibly not making use of some of the best places BST can use to gain CP? On Mnk and Sam I solo CP on Worms, thats eactly 14JP's /hour with 2x Trizek ring uses & CP ring use (although you can't keep that rate up because of Trizeks 2hour cooldown and it has to be during double xp/cp, but I enjoy popping out their on either jobs to farm for an hour,
    I don't have a Trizek ring so it would be significantly slower, but thanks for the suggestion. I know I need a better camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmaste View Post
    I really don't see why having a pet MAB set for gaining CP is going to help? I think the guy was thinking of the wrong pet job there.
    Some pet skills are magical - fireball for example. I don't know what mob they were targeting but my guess is it is weak to magic.

SE has been throwing boosts to capacity points left and right for the past year, but some people are like spoiled children always crying "MORE MORE MORE!!!!"
    It's nice that you can get 10 an hour. Not everyone can. If you don't want to get them faster, feel free to throw out your cape and your trizek ring and don't use kupofried. Best I was getting with capacity ring and 25% cape and double capacity was about 2-3 an hour. That's painfully slow with something so boring to do.

Yeah, I know, probably a bad camp etc etc, but point is, most players are not going to know where the best camps are. Most would look at what you call a "mid tier set" and be really jealous of what you have.

If getting CP were fun, people wouldn't complain about the rates. But it's not. It's boring.

Honestly, I wish SE would jack the rates for completing content significantly. How about 10K JP for doing a wildskeeper rather than 1000? I might be less inclined to wish for better rates if that was the case. Then at least getting them could be fun. Grinding mobs is not fun, yet it's the most efficient way to get JP now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 07-04-2015 at 02:21 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast