Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Hi SE!
    Beastmasters can cap Reward potency/recast with just our Reforged AF Body/Legs/Feet....but there are so many pieces to play around with! Can you possibly give us a higher reward cap (and tell us what it is!) so that we can use more reward pieces or perhaps make different reward sets?

Thank you!
    We have no plans to increase the cap on Reward as this ability can gain a shorter recast time from merit points, as well as an increased healing effect from the "Enhanced Reward" effect from job points.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    I'm going to have to side with the flan on this one.

At least it's easy to cap as-is. The potency is plenty strong.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think part of the argument was that the insane easiness of capping made most reward gear useless... but yeah amount cured is pretty good right now.... need to work on curing debuffs too
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I think part of the argument was that the insane easiness of capping made most reward gear useless... but yeah amount cured is pretty good right now.... need to work on curing debuffs too
    Plus you can always bring Dawn Mulsum if you really need more. As far as I know it works faster than a High-Elixir, and I carry a few of those around in a mog bag in case of emergencies, despite the ten second rise time.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yes, this is what I was trying to say. It's REALLY easy and makes most reward gear useless.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We have no plans to increase the cap on Reward as this ability can gain a shorter recast time from merit points, as well as an increased healing effect from the "Enhanced Reward" effect from job points.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Could you possibly explain the inclusion of this item? If we have already established that Reward potency and recast are already capped by AF Body/Legs/Feet (and Job Points), why would you add this item? This item will likely never be used in any Beastmaster's Reward set, Keep in mind, if the item were changed to "Reward Recast -5 seconds", I think you would see greater utility. Spur augment is interesting, but Reward +30 is an eye-sore.

The other JSE capes just see so much more potent. How many different ways can you disrupt or underwhelm the play style of Beastmasters?

(2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Could you possibly explain the inclusion of this item? If we have already established that Reward potency and recast are already capped by AF Body/Legs/Feet (and Job Points), why would you add this item? This item will likely never be used in any Beastmaster's Reward set, Keep in mind, if the item were changed to "Reward Recast -5 seconds", I think you would see greater utility. Spur augment is interesting, but Reward +30 is an eye-sore.

The other JSE capes just see so much more potent. How many different ways can you disrupt or underwhelm the play style of Beastmasters?

I was quite saddened when I initially saw the "Reward"+30 on this cape instead of the "Pet Lv. +1" that SMN/PUP both got, and further saddened due to the "Reward +30" being utterly worthless given the 50% potency cap... In order to receive any benefit from it, you would have to use non-ilvl Reward+ equipment only, since everything 109+ (that I am aware of at least) gives 20%-35% per piece. Reforged body+feet alone are actually over cap to begin with and augment w/ additional bonuses that can't be found elsewhere and should be used anyway.
    I believe this should have been a Reward recast reduction, "Reward potency II +10", or something else entirely that is relatively uncommon (but useful) like "Stout Servant +2" or "Killer Effects +10", would all be actually useful instead of the current effective effect of "Reward+0".
    (There is always the option to edit the item itself, especially with the news that they are adding a method to change the augment w/o losing ranks in the May update.)

As an extra dash of salt in the wound, the potential pet augments for acc/atk & m.acc/m.dmg are in the wrong slot -_-;; They should have been on dust (sharing augment slot w/ player acc/m.acc/etc) instead of being on thread (which shares space w/ player attribute bonuses.) This severely limits the potential on this cape since we are unable to get attribute+acc.stat+special.stat like other jobs, and is a confusing choice on the devs' part given how unintuitive it is that all acc/m.acc options are not grouped together.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    This severely limits the potential on this cape since we are unable to get attribute+acc.stat+special.stat like other jobs, and is a confusing choice on the devs' part given how unintuitive it is that all acc/m.acc options are not grouped together.
    I was actually happy to see that pet stats did not replace the chance to get ACC/ATK for master... This makes it better for TPing with pet IMO... though I can see the argument both ways. Just be thankful we didn't have to give up the double attack slot for our pets...

The reward +30 is garbage though. It's hard NOT to cap reward at this point. It's been hard not to cap reward for ages. Even reward: regen +1 would have been less pointless.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I was actually happy to see that pet stats did not replace the chance to get ACC/ATK for master... This makes it better for TPing with pet IMO... though I can see the argument both ways. Just be thankful we didn't have to give up the double attack slot for our pets...

The reward +30 is garbage though. It's hard NOT to cap reward at this point. It's been hard not to cap reward for ages. Even reward: regen +1 would have been less pointless.
    The way I see it is that I would prefer MND+20 pet:acc/atk+20(or pet:m.acc/m.dmg+20) for Cloudsplitter if I'm meleeing alongside my pet since that would also give a noticeable increase to Reward potency and it's not that hard to gather player acc gear these days comparable to most other melee jobs.

And the "Reward +30" simply might as well not be there at all, so ANYTHING would have been better instead. :-/ I just listed a few options that I felt would put it on par w/ a lot of the other capes that I can easily recognize as "good". The ideal option would have been "Sic and Ready recast -10" (combined w/ a recast reduction time cap @ Ready -20) so we can finally ditch our Merlin's/Desultors, but that far too much to hope for from the devs I think. lol
    (3)

I find acc to be my single biggest issue these days, especially if I am wearing gear that helps my pet... so... I guess you and I are just on different places on the gearing curve.

They are never going to put ready reduction on any item again I am sure of it.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast