Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Crafting Torgues

Please dear Developers, remove crafting torgues from gold chests and add them to Guildpoint Exchange NPCs. There is no viable reason for them inside the chests in the first place.

The hours and hours of farming in Den of Rancor ( just an example) and havent seen a single torgue is not fun. I define fun as something else entirely.

If you dont wish to remove them from chests, at least make them obtainable from another source as well please. Crafters usually dont mind spending CRAFTING time to get their wanted equipment. Random mass-slaughter on BST or SMN on almost too weak prey isnt anywhere near the list of fun events.

Thanks in advance
    (3)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I would agree with them being added to the GP NPCs but they should cost a lot, probably 200k, since the body and +1 skill is worth 100k. That way you can keep doing your daily GP item but if you have spare time and want to, you can farm for caskets in the hopes of a free one.
    (1)

Character
    Johnb
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yeah, trying to get the fishing torque almost made me want to quit game, but I got it after 2 days so I was happy.
    (0)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    No I like them how they are thank you, it took me until Goldsmithing 64 to get the glasses, and im still at 64 until I take the time out to get the torque (just done one 5hour session so far) due the the synth I'd like to use next for leveling up the skill.

They are there, and like many other things in the game over the years, when you get it you will feel like you have earned it.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If your torque was obtained in a zone unaffected by Kupowers you'd have a different opinion.
    (2)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    If your torque was obtained in a zone unaffected by Kupowers you'd have a different opinion.
    Getting my Alchemist's Torque was definitely a pain!
    (0)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    wonderful how you keep posting what other people's opinions will or won't be. Get over yourself, you don't know what you are talking about.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    wonderful how you keep posting what other people's opinions will or won't be. Get over yourself, you don't know what you are talking about.
    Fair enough. Then how about this. Certain torques are much easier to target than others. The poster happened to be going after an easy one and was using his limited experience as a basis for his opinion on both the easy and difficult ones.

That said, it's probably true that the OP shouldn't need to complain about one of the easier torques to acquire. SE has no problem with important crafting gear coming from seemingly completely unrelated sources. Perhaps a more reasonable response would be to request an adjustment to Kupowers or removal of 4 guess caskets. I honestly think torques are pretty easy to target when the Mystery Box Kupower is active.

I still stand by my opinion that it sucks if your torque comes from Sky.
    (0)

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    [QUOTE=Sandmaste;552897]/ No I like them how they are thank you, it took me until Goldsmithing 64 to get the glasses, and im still at 64 until I take the time out to get the torque (just done one 5hour session so far) due the the synth I'd like to use next for leveling up the skill.

They are there, and like many other things in the game over the years, when you get it you will feel like you have earned it. [quote]

i dont count myself to the masochist faction. but i dont mind if you yourself do

camping in den of rancor is no fun at all. i prefer to work for my achievements. but work in a way that i can actually see the products of my work, not some random "HEY! LUCK WAS ON YOUR SIDE" crap
    (1)
    Last edited by Windwhisper; 06-25-2015 at 01:20 PM. Reason: meant as a quote

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I counted, and counted, and counted, how many brown chests I opened (and didn't open) inside The Boyhada Tree before I got my Carver's Torque.
    Total brown chests : 487.
    Total brown chests opened: 451, got it on 451st.
    Days spent in The B.Tree killing mobs & popping chests: ~5hrs a day for 7+ days, that was WITH GoV Treasure Chest lv.5 enhancement since I logged out there and didn't zone out.
    This was not my version of fun. :/ but it did let me get the +13 for my WW.
    (0)