Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    158
    geo doesnt make sence since its a bubble they should be able to get those..... i fail to see logic why they cant get buffs at all but bubbles at least would be nice

    i think going forward the Dev team answer to pretty much everything is No.
    (0)

  2. #12
    Player Gwydion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    330
    Character
    Brutalhammer
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    There are no plans for adjustments to be made that would allow pets to receive buffs players ordinarily receive.
    This makes me sad. If BST is considered to be a front-line job, why is it that only COR can really buff Beastmasters? BRD and/or GEO should be able to provide the same benefits to BST as other jobs, like SAM, WAR, MNK, etc.

    If we can't receive buffs to pets, why are we forced to stay in the front-line within 7 yalms?
    (3)

  3. #13
    Player Vashkoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    58
    Character
    Vashkoda
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    This makes me sad. If BST is considered to be a front-line job, why is it that only COR can really buff Beastmasters? BRD and/or GEO should be able to provide the same benefits to BST as other jobs, like SAM, WAR, MNK, etc.

    If we can't receive buffs to pets, why are we forced to stay in the front-line within 7 yalms?
    I think you need to be clear on the distinction between BSTs and pets. BSTS are players and obviously *do* get buffs. If you wanted to, you could load them with madrigals and marches and chaos rolls and send them into the front lines like other "front line" dds. That is actually the scenario the devs *want* you to carry out. That's why you got Fencer; because they *want* you to be out there with an ilev 119 axe and a shield, and not just standing safely in the back with the mages and a lev 89 axe. Matsui *himself* said so, and the devs are never going to go against his wishes. I'm sure that even now with the adjustments they've made, they are disappointed that more bsts aren't joining their pets in the melee, but rather running back and forth out of range issuing commands. If anything, they may continue modifying the job, maybe making it so have to hit the mobs or stay engaged in order for your pet to fight (that's how it is with DRG wyverns, after all).

    With jug pet hp pools and inherent stats, they really don't need more buffs than cor rolls already provide (even if that basically forces you to bring a cor anytime you want to do great damage). If anything, its the other pets jobs that could benefit from more buffs, but then that could interfere with buffs the master needs, at least for smn and geo (sacrificing ballads for madrigals/marches or minnes/paeons, respectively). Sure that might still be feasible with 5 songs, but can you imagine the number of song rotations you'd have to keep track of? I like buffing mage-class jobs because it's usually just a matter of keeping 3 ballads on them, compared to the mix and match of dd and defense songs you cast on the rest of the party. If suddenly pet jobs had their own mix of songs, I think you'd have no break at all between casts, and probably have to deal with some wearing off (imagine all the pianissimos required).
    (0)
    Last edited by Vashkoda; 11-07-2015 at 04:27 AM.

  4. #14
    Player Gwydion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    330
    Character
    Brutalhammer
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashkoda View Post
    I think you need to be clear on the distinction between BSTs and pets. BSTS are players and obviously *do* get buffs. If you wanted to, you could load them with madrigals and marches and chaos rolls and send them into the front lines like other "front line" dds. That is actually the scenario the devs *want* you to carry out. That's why you got Fencer; because they *want* you to be out there with an ilev 119 axe and a shield, and not just standing safely in the back with the mages and a lev 89 axe. Matsui *himself* said so, and the devs are never going to go against his wishes. I'm sure that even now with the adjustments they've made, they are disappointed that more bsts aren't joining their pets in the melee, but rather running back and forth out of range issuing commands. If anything, they may continue modifying the job, maybe making it so have to hit the mobs or stay engaged in order for your pet to fight (that's how it is with DRG wyverns, after all).

    With jug pet hp pools and inherent stats, they really don't need more buffs than cor rolls already provide (even if that basically forces you to bring a cor anytime you want to do great damage). If anything, its the other pets jobs that could benefit from more buffs, but then that could interfere with buffs the master needs, at least for smn and geo (sacrificing ballads for madrigals/marches or minnes/paeons, respectively). Sure that might still be feasible with 5 songs, but can you imagine the number of song rotations you'd have to keep track of? I like buffing mage-class jobs because it's usually just a matter of keeping 3 ballads on them, compared to the mix and match of dd and defense songs you cast on the rest of the party. If suddenly pet jobs had their own mix of songs, I think you'd have no break at all between casts, and probably have to deal with some wearing off (imagine all the pianissimos required).
    I appreciate your feedback and understand where you are coming from. However, BST's status with respect to Fencer and Shields hasn't changed since inception. BST caps shield at around 300. It's pretty terrible. If SE really wants this for Beastmaster (front-line, 7 yalms), then I hope there are fixes to come, to keep BST viable in the front-line.
    (1)

  5. #15
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Should add if they really wanted us to go DD with shield and axe they'd give us shields that were worth losing dual wield over. As is even without a jug you'd still be better off dual wielding axes... but if we got blurred for example it might actually be reasonable to single wield. If you try to push a play style with just nerfs all you are going to do is get people to switch jobs you need to actually give positive reasons to play that way. Another thing to do for singlewielding in general is some kind of single wield ja haste. The loss of attack speed from either not having hasso or dual wield is HUGE. And samba doesn't really do it given the time and tp investment. Maybe have fencer also give ja haste?

    Should also add other pet jobs aren't really doing that bad and being able to buff them would be pretty good. Want to see what a bunch of good DD buffs can do for a pet watch a lolwyvern after you transfer full magic haste on it in a pet haste set. Smn magic dmg is already really crazy imagine if they could get mab buffs lol. Heck just giving loupons a ton of regen would probably allow you to have a blaze of gloried spell full time
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 11-11-2015 at 04:08 AM.

  6. #16
    Player VoiceMemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    526
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If no plans to give player pets the effect of song buffs, I would like to request that it be removed from enemy pets. At current mobs that have pets that spawn adds or that are grouped with brds DO receive the effect of songs. It is not consistent. Either both players and mobs should have it or neither at all.
    (1)

  7. #17
    Player Gwydion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    330
    Character
    Brutalhammer
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    If no plans to give player pets the effect of song buffs, I would like to request that it be removed from enemy pets. At current mobs that have pets that spawn adds or that are grouped with brds DO receive the effect of songs. It is not consistent. Either both players and mobs should have it or neither at all.
    I agree as well. I think that if enemy pets get buffed by enemy songs, then player pets should get buffed by player songs.

    As it currently stands, there are too many situations where player pets aren't treated equally.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2