Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Elemental Ninjutsu: Ni or San?

Since the Merits are easier than ever to build, I reseted my Tools and Sange x5 to buy all the San spell...

So far I didn't noticed much difference between Ni and San... Even on some time, Ni spell dealed more DMG than SAN and usualy San spell deal maybe 30 more dmng than Ni.

Maybe I do it wrong but is there anyway to make San spell a lil more juicy? I didnt tryed with a Magic based set yet. Maybe with some ninjutsu torque, INT ring and magic Attck bonus could boost up those?
    (1)

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    San is 1.5x the damage and casting time. If you time it right, you can magic burst both of them into a skillchain. You can do over 3000 damage with a San nuke with the right atmas/gear/JA for a magic burst and it is possible to do 1.5 to 2k damage without bursting.
    (0)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JiltedValkyrie View Post
    San is 1.5x the damage and casting time. If you time it right, you can magic burst both of them into a skillchain. You can do over 3000 damage with a San nuke with the right atmas/gear/JA for a magic burst and it is possible to do 1.5 to 2k damage without bursting.
    wow... I barely hut 250-300 with mine what I need to look for 3000 (exept brew)

should I focus on INT, Ninjutsu, Magic dmg stuff and in which order of priority?
    (0)

Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwena View Post
    wow... I barely hut 250-300 with mine what I need to look for 3000 (exept brew)

should I focus on INT, Ninjutsu, Magic dmg stuff and in which order of priority?
    Try checking the obvious places for information first.

Click me.
    (1)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus View Post
    Try checking the obvious places for information first.

Click me.
    This is nice, but if I would like info on Non-Official post, I would make/read them there... I post here so I dont have to watch 3-7 website for info I could get on officil FFXI forum.
    (0)

Character
    Gunit
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 96
    But yet you can't get decent info on the official.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Darwena View Post
    This is nice, but if I would like info on Non-Official post, I would make/read them there... I post here so I dont have to watch 3-7 website for info I could get on officil FFXI forum.

Nothing here is "Official" outside of the fact Devs can post here. We're all still players, Many of us post on FFXIAH and Bluegartr as well as here. I understand not wanting to look through 80 forums, Try this place!

ffxiclopedia.org

Its an Amazing 1-stop-Shop website for all your FFXI needs! It'll really help you in your adventures. Plus Ninjutsu is fun to toy with. Even with my crappy set up, with the right atmas, I can hit ~1.5k+. And I don't really have any MAB gear for my NIN.

And if all else fails, Can always come back here . You'll still get plenty of responses! Just try to look it up first. It can save you some trouble :3
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-17-2011 at 10:29 AM.

8. 04-17-2011 10:24 AM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    buy all the San spell...
    Don't do this. The way the SAN spells are setup they gain significant power when merited to 5/5. This stacks with the tier 1 upgrade. I'd pick Hyoton because Tsura's are so cheap and easy to HQ as to be practically free and Ice seems to be the strongest general nuke to use.

Hyoton effect / damage 5/5
    Hyoton San 5/5

Then pile on MAB and INT gear with some +skill for magic accuracy. I'm assuming you'll be full "DD" atma so no magic atma's and that you'll be /WAR so no native MAB. In this case you should be able to reach 400~500 easy inside abyssea and less outside. This isn't for spinning the wheel, SAN's simply take too long to cast / recast for that to be effective. Its for throwing out as a nuke on targets that have suddenly become immune or resistant to physical damage (PD / Invincible / mode switch). With a good gear set it should be able to hold its on upon use. But please understand that the San's are not replacements for melee damage, spinning the wheel will never keep up in general.

Now that being said, if for some reason you desire to be a MP free BLM inside abyssea then its possible. Include the HQ staves in your casting sets and go /RDM. Set atma of the Beyond / Ultima then pick another based on MAB or +ele if you've picked a different SAN to merit. Your now an engine of destruction, spam your Ni's and toss in your San's when appropriate to ensure max damage. You won't beat the per nuke of the BLM's but you'll be nukeing sh!t so fast that you'll give a good accounting for yourself. Its fun lol.
    (2)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    @Saevel

Thanks for the info, will switch some merits soon then.
    (0)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If you only using tools elemental on mob you can't physically hit (ranged damage, etc...) all the :San are fine.
    i myself bought all of them, and for an elemental wheel, you'll better go with all the :San and then all the :Ni than Only one :San and all the :Ni then waiting for recast.

With all the :San there is no waiting time on recast timer And you can keep the Magic Resistance down debuff on mob.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast