Character
    Mysticknight
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

[dev1272] Footwork change - Suggestion to keep the "novelty" of doing only kicks

Monk

The Footwork job ability will undergo the following adjustments.
    Footwork will no longer make kicks the primary mode of attack. Instead, autoattacks will also have a chance of kicking while Footwork is in effect.
    Effect duration will be decreased from 300 seconds to 60 seconds.
    *The effect footwork has on particular weaponskills will remain unchanged.
    I like that there's a buff to Footwork but I am going to miss the novelty of doing only kicks as attacks.

How about keep the buffs to Footwork (the above propose changes) but also keep auto-attacks kicks only (to the keep the novelty of doing kicks only for a certain period of time).

Could it be made so that if the propose changes go through, the attack animations can all be set to be kicks only for the novelty of it?

I'd like to see Footwork still have the novelty of doing kicks only, whether it be just an animation/visual changes of doing kicks only while auto-attacking (with the proposed buffs above) or whether through something else (like a different buff to the original footwork that makes it viable to use).
    (0)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    So this is going to comletely change how Footwork works. I'm betting due to it only lasting 60secs (still being on a 5 minute timers, nothing has been said by SE that the timer has changed) this ig going to be a half decent DPS job ability. I say that because they really have to get this correct 'autoattacks will also have a chance of kicking while Footwork is in effect,' So I'm presuming instead of swinging out punches we might get a change to kick. the delay now being that of our H2H Delay. Anchorite's boots would probably need macro-ing in, and if it turns out better to have kicks instead of punches for an auto-att round, then also adding in pieces like Bhikki's hose would be beneficial.

The other thing is, maybe they will sort out Bhikki's gaiter's from them (if this is good) just being a macro-in piece by raising the Kick attacks dmg higher than +80.

I have a feeling we will be somehow pleasantly supprised, Impetus happily takes 3mins out of the 5mins up, then we have this new footwork to fit into to final 2mins, then back to Impetus etc.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I could be wrong, but the way it's worded makes it sound like any kicks would be additional to the attack round of punches, sort of like Daken for NIN.
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    How is this different than the kick attacks trait?
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    So correct me if I'm wrong but with the kick attacks job trait, it only allows you to kick once per attack round, ao my assumption is that the change to Footwork will allow you the chance to kick after every punch.

I don't have MNK levelled so I'm probably prone to making a mistake here.
    (0)