Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

E3 and the Host of things

So, While Final Fantasy 15 wasn't shown. There were some exciting things to be sure. The FF7 remake, the cute Worlds of Final Fantasy, and a such. Things to get people hopeful for the gaming community again. But the one thing that got me kind of liking the Xbox One was the 360 emulation. Not that I think that it'll happen, but here's the way to extend the Life of FF11 on the consoles. (Not a chance of happening, but one of those things that gets you thinking nonetheless.) But I'm REALLY looking forward to that Remake... Now if only SE would do Chrono Trigger, I'd be happy for the next few years.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Or you could just get a PC, for less than the price of an xbone, that will run ffxi better with better graphics. Seriously.
    (1)

Character
    Rainehx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kaerin View Post
    Or you could just get a PC, for less than the price of an xbone, that will run ffxi better with better graphics. Seriously.
    Ikr, I spent the whole presentation thinking, Do people really buy this? the jaggies and tears could be over looked just.....but not when the texture detail was so poor as well.

Id say the performance matches gaming pcs for about 5 years ago, and yet these consumers consider themselves pro gamers?

I just want to ruffle their hair and give them a lollypop. its so cute!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainehx View Post
    Ikr, I spent the whole presentation thinking, Do people really buy this? the jaggies and tears could be over looked just.....but not when the texture detail was so poor as well.

Id say the performance matches gaming pcs for about 5 years ago, and yet these consumers consider themselves pro gamers?

I just want to ruffle their hair and give them a lollypop. its so cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaerin View Post
    Yes, they are pro gamers, not that it matters what platform you use to play games. Personally, I don't care if the 'graphics' are 'OMGELITEZ', I play games for the enjoyment of it. The console market isn't going away anytime soon, nor is the mobile market. I don't see you berating people that want to play on their phones or tablets, or SE's choice to make the next versions of this game on those platforms? That announcement is a big thing for me, because I didn't like most of the business choice of Microsoft, but this means that the 100 games I have on the 360 might be able to be played on the next Gen. You get to game on your PC because of people of Nintendo, Sony, Atari, and Microsoft taking big leaps to go for personal entertainment units.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 06-17-2015 at 06:51 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Well, it is true we of the PC Master Race are the elite. Can't really argue with that.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I enjoy playing a game in my living room on a console more than on my pc its just more relaxed and imo that's what gaming is for
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    So, While Final Fantasy 15 wasn't shown. There were some exciting things to be sure. The FF7 remake, the cute Worlds of Final Fantasy, and a such. Things to get people hopeful for the gaming community again. But the one thing that got me kind of liking the Xbox One was the 360 emulation. Not that I think that it'll happen, but here's the way to extend the Life of FF11 on the consoles. (Not a chance of happening, but one of those things that gets you thinking nonetheless.) But I'm REALLY looking forward to that Remake... Now if only SE would do Chrono Trigger, I'd be happy for the next few years.
    Geez, when was FF15 first announced? Back in 1996 or something? Damn, I hope it's worth the wait.

Correction: 2006. My bad.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by pretre View Post
    I enjoy playing a game in my living room on a console more than on my pc its just more relaxed and imo that's what gaming is for
    You know that PCs have HDMI ports and controllers, right?
    (0)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    You know that PCs have HDMI ports and controllers, right?
    Doesn't change the fact that it's clunky as hell to have a PC setup in the living room, at least for most people -- especially considering you have to use a mouse/kb for just about anything outside of gaming. I say that as someone who uses a PC with a 42" HDTV and a recliner as a gaming chair (not in my living room, however.)

His statement really wasn't all that unreasonable imo.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    Geez, when was FF15 first announced? Back in 1996 or something? Damn, I hope it's worth the wait.

Correction: 2006. My bad.
    So far, I've had mixed feeling about the Demo, but that's a work in progress, so it's still something that can evolve. There are some really GOOD things about the Demo. And the little things like: the ground being charred from Ramuh, or that an Enemy having a true blind spot. It's good to see how the series has grown from it's early starts on the NES. And I'm wondering will this remake of FF7 keep true to its roots as an ATB, will it borrow things from FF13 with a stamina gauge, or will it be like FF15 and have a free roam battle System. Can you imagine walking across the plains and fighting something and then suddenly you're Ambushed by the Midgar Zolom? So may possibilities of things that could happen. It stuff like this that gets me excited, because challenges and rivalries push the industry to new places.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast