Character
    Sparutaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 49

Old Style Content for Veterans

Hello! I am a returning player, currently in the Reddit Linkshell on Asura.

I am interested in allowing characters to self-reduce level and level lock (at any level) themselves. When this is activated, they should gain no EXP and no one in their party or alliance should gain EXP.

This allows veterans to go back to their favorite leveling spots with their friends to have a nostalgic time with their favorite jobs. They will not be providing anyone with any EXP boosting. It should prevent that, please. We want no EXP, we just want Valkurm Dunes and Yhoator adventures without gaining EXP.

Also, when this is activated, please make it like they're really that level, they have to equip bronze gear or whatever! :-D

Very Respectfully,

Sparutaru
    (3)
    Last edited by Sparutaru; 06-15-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparutaru View Post
    Hello! I am a returning player, currently in the Reddit Linkshell on Asura.

I am interested in allowing characters to self-reduce level and level lock (at any level) themselves. When this is activated, they should gain no EXP and no one in their party or alliance should gain EXP.

This allows veterans to go back to their favorite leveling spots with their friends to have a nostalgic time with their favorite jobs. They will not be providing anyone with any EXP boosting. It should prevent that, please. We want no EXP, we just want Valkurm Dunes and Yhoator adventures without gaining EXP.

Also, when this is activated, please make it like they're really that level, they have to equip bronze gear or whatever! :-D

Very Respectfully,

Sparutaru
    Just thought you should know that this was basically in a way all ready discussed under this thread > Here! {unless you already know?}
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Sparutaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 49
    Right, but that is a slightly different topic. My post cuts straight to the point in what is really desired by most of the other Veteran players I've been talking to. We in the reddit linkshell not only think we'd enjoy this but think others would too if, at will, we could just form Yhoator or Valkurm Dunes parties with any job that has a particular level we desire or higher, we would like to size down and prevent our EXP gains so we can just have fun.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just create a mule and go at it? I mean for $1/month (just keep going through mules to restart from 1). Don't touch RoE, don't use rings, etc to keep exp gain as slow as possible. And just for kicks, have a few of your 'friends' not log on when you want to go party so you can sit around with LFG up for hours on end. I mean for all those ppl who wants to go through all the pain and suffering of the older days, there's a lot you can do with just $1/month.
    (4)

I see zero likes for the poster of this topic in this thread. It's a waste of development time at this point. You can level sync on a new job or new character if you want to stay in one specific camp. The camp doesn't matter as much as the monster type, and you can fight essentially every monster type at level 99 and find ones that are worth EXP. You can also keep yourself from leveling at 75+ by switching to earning Limit Points instead of EXP, so you can fight every monster type, which does exist at that level range, and higher if you want a challenge. There's not really much different from fighting crabs in Valkurm vs fighting crabs in Boyahda.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

6. 06-24-2015 01:12 AM

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think a better idea is to have a level select system and lock it but you do gain exp/limit points. Similar to how level sync works. You can pick a level and go to your favorite camp and kill things. You earn exp and when you get to the point you will level you will see the level up or merit point animation but your level lock doesn't change so that way you can stay in your favorite camp. This will give players like myself, the ability to go back to the old party spots and still gain exp and the ability to change things up if you decide to switch areas you want to camp but don't want to change jobs.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Actually there is still a system in place sort of a way or few of em to hop into doin

Well you want to do something with a level restriction, there are still bcnm orb battles with locked different levels and for those who seeming to be crying about no level restrictions existing any more which isn't all entirely true to boot you can't even call forth trusts inside those low-level to higher level restrictions bcnm orb's battlefields.

Now there is also level select options in aht urhgan when doing assaults for higher mid-levels once you reach I think it is 50, maybe 40 to also gain exp and of course it goes without saying all the way upto no cap but stop's capped level selection at 70, if my memory on doing them recently last week is correct.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 06-28-2015 at 01:58 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.