Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Laruni
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Maybe add job abilities to PUP like Ninja's Innin and Yonin? One JA can stop weaponskill use and give significant boost to enmity to puppet, so that when used with strobe and flashbulb the automaton can hold hate against players doing high damage and the puppet will not interrupt skillchains. The other ability could significantly increases attack and magic attack, since the puppet has access to a lot of accuracy already in gear.

While other jobs can go into content and kill it quickly, the automaton still takes a lot of time to kill things in comparison.

Other general adjustments would be appreciated too, since trusts are better than other frames that are not tank or damage dealer.
    (0)
    Last edited by Laruni; 02-22-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Character
    Darkcloudx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

On the topic of automaton damage, I think you will be interested to hear about how the Flame Holder attachment works and see some data on the stats for various automaton weapon skills.
    • Flame Holder
      This attachment currently gives a similar effect to “Damage varies with TP” and the effect value varies depending on the amount of fire maneuvers you have, which is shown below.
      • No fire maneuvers: damage +25%
        *Currently there is a bug and no damage bonus is given when you do not have any fire maneuvers. This will be fixed in the September version update. Also with this change, the effect of the Flame Holder attachment will stack additional damage onto the damage from Magic Mortar that is calculated from the automaton’s missing HP.
      • 1 fire maneuver: damage +100%
      • 2 fire maneuvers: damage +175%
      • 3 fire maneuvers: damage +250%

Now then, onto the weapon skill data…

• String Clipper
      Base stat: Twofold attack, Damage+250%, Attack +25%
      Modifier stat: STR30%, DEX30%
      TP1000: Accuracy±0
      TP2000: Accuracy +50
      TP3000: Accuracy +100

• Bone Crusher
      Base stat: Threefold attack, Damage +166%, Additional effect: Stun, Against undead: Damage +100%
      Modifier stat: VIT60%
      TP1000: no effect
      TP2000: no effect
      TP3000: no effect
    • String Shredder
      Base stat: Threefold attack, Damage +50%, Accuracy +10, Attack +36%
      Modifier stat: VIT50%
      TP1000: Critical +20%
      TP2000: Critical +40%
      TP3000: Critical +70%
    I know this is an older post but, is there a reason why String Shredder is weaker than these two? It turns out that pet critical hits don't seem to work the same way as players and it just seems so odd that Shredder is weaker that Clipper.
    (0)
    Last edited by waithuhwhat; 09-03-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I don't know about it being weaker. Maybe based on the 'damage+' stat that it looks stronger on paper. Apart from that, we never see String Clipper on anything you'd fight at 99 to know for sure if it hits harder. Overall, String Shredder hits not nearly as hard as we'd all like. It's pleasant when it does hit high though.
    (1)

Character
    Darkcloudx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilian View Post
    I don't know about it being weaker. Maybe based on the 'damage+' stat that it looks stronger on paper. Apart from that, we never see String Clipper on anything you'd fight at 99 to know for sure if it hits harder. Overall, String Shredder hits not nearly as hard as we'd all like. It's pleasant when it does hit high though.
    That's true about String Clipper the only Clipper vs Shredder post I found is from 2014 saying that that update made them about the same. I just find it weird that this ws has had three updates deticated to increasing its damage, but its still so much behind Bone Crusher (vs non-blunt weakness mobs and non-undead mobs ofcourse).
    (0)

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm unsure if this is part of these odd automaton weapon skill mechanics, but I'll use Sang Buaya as an example. If you have a WS set specifically for Shredder, this WS will outperform BC on this particular NM. Not always the skill itself necessarily, but the SC damage drops Sang quick. It may just be the darkness aspect of it honestly.
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7