Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Stamos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't think accuracy is much of an issue as it stands right now. With Shiromochi and Target Maker our ACC is generally capped. Issue really is our damage, even with tension spring III etc we don't have as much attack as a BST pet. And our weaponskills do about 1/3 of a BST or SMN pet at best, while they do it on a timer, and we have wait for TP.

As for the whole JP/Gifts haste thing. It is pretty silly, why would you want to gimp yourself and take off haste? At least with other jobs you can change the amount of dual wield you're wearing in gear depending on how much haste you have. Where as with KKK there really isn't anything you can do about it. Unless you want to take off KKK? lol
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well with the new gifts dnc needs 1 dw, so really like no dw, and thf only needs 6 dw. Both of them tend to go over with gear they would have used anyway because it's best for store tp/triple attack. Ninja only ever needed 1 dw and their gear is overflowing with dw. Really the only dw job that can actually do that is blu, but they can't really swap what spells they have in the middle of a fight. Maybe they should just put the tp floor back in.
    (0)

Character
    Orcao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Since the MA from JP was brought up...

Some interesting delay numbers (unless I done goofed)~ The bard category can kind of be ignored. I had it in my head that they didn't provide magic haste for some reason. Also it's just assumed that the bard is providing +2 Victory March (in a lot of cases +2 puts you over cap while +1 does not). The interesting part of the Bard category is it shows how easily you can be pushed above the delay cap w/ Haste II and any other amount of haste. Tinh and Oat have the same delay, so just use the oat row for tinhs.

H2H Delay w/ assumed double JP Cap, Perfect JSE Cape, and Empy Legs
    H2H Delay w/ 25 JP MA, 31 Equip MA
    H2H Delay w/ 20 JP MA, 29 Equip MA (my PUPs bad gear)
    H2H Delay w/ 25 JP MA, 0 Equip MA
    H2H Delay w/ 20 JP MA, 0 Equip MA
    H2H Delay w/ no MA

Something to note is that even if you go crazy with the JP MA, and assume it caps at 20 (rumor is they're doubling JP categories), wear Empy Legs, a perfect JSE cape, and KKK, Haste II doesn't put you over cap. Almost any other source of haste (like a 5% Haste Samba from /DNC) on top of the Haste II will.

Also KKK goes over the cap w/ Equip Haste (as far as I'm concerned this is unavoidable), and Magic Cap OR Haste II and +2 March, and no JP or EQ MA.

Sorry about the formatting, it was meant as a personal reference. Hopefully I got the math right.
    (0)
    Last edited by Orcao; 06-13-2015 at 02:16 AM.

Character
    Stamos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Also, you wanted to hear my account of PUP in content it is pretty much

Vagary: Awful for the most part. Fomors is the only really melee friendly one, but your Automaton dies a lot due to a lot of aoe weaponskills. Slimes I pretty much just sat there and put my pet on the NMs. They do a lot of dots and aoe debuffs, so it is pretty bad. Eles, yeah no

Escha: This is where PUP would shine, if your Automaton did any dmg. Mostly all the NMs in this zone are nuking or pets. Your Automaton can tank the nms, and that is about it with a pet DT set and manuevers. If you want to bring your Automaton as a DD, you're pretty much a wasted spot

Delve 1/2: Too many Aoes once you get to the boss. Your automaton can live, but it will pretty much cost you DPS to keep it alive. Best pet is having it on whm or rdm out of range.

Skirmish: Does fine here. Only downside is in Yorcia Alluvion your Automaton will aggro the stronghold mobs if you run by with your automaton out
    (0)
    Last edited by Stamos; 06-13-2015 at 01:40 AM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Heres the thing. If your not getting haste in any kind of end game or group event, then I am sorry, but it just shouldnt be happening. I have run delve a million times and i have never been like 'lets just not haste the dd'.

The reason everyone mentions solo/cp is because thats really all there is to do, vagary is aweful and un fun, and escha is 99% solo at the moment, then joining up for a boss fight.

To put it in perspective:
    KKK + Gear haste = 42% haste or 178 MA to cap
    KKK+ gear + magic haste = 19 MA over the cap
    KKK (50) + jp/gifts (25 currently) + 20 (cape) = 37% haste/133 MA needed to cap
    KKK (50) + jp/gifts (25 currently) + 20 (cape) +cap magic= 64 MA over the cap

Base 58 tp a hit
    Just by being hasted, i lose 1 tp/hit= 57 tp/hit
    With gifts/jp/other ma gear i go down to = 53 tp/hit
    If they up the cap on jp MA to -40, thats 51 tp/hit

This issue is a lot of jobs can avoid some DW, but with KKK alone we are already over the cap, and when you add in jp/gifts, we are even farther over.

My whole point was that H2h suffers from poor itemization, and the mythic weapon is the perfect example. Our 'best' weapon in the game is inferior to other weapons because of sub par dmg, and actually putting us over the cap for MA with no other gear.

The idea of gearing for assuming you are buffless, in a day and age where you can always have haste 2 and bard haste is just silly.

I am not arguing other peoples comments about our pets dieing to easy/melee being useless in a lot of events. All those are true.
    (0)
    Last edited by Roja323; 06-13-2015 at 02:51 AM.

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamos View Post
    Also, you wanted to hear my account of PUP in content it is pretty much

Vagary: Awful for the most part. Fomors is the only really melee friendly one, but your Automaton dies a lot due to a lot of aoe weaponskills. Slimes I pretty much just sat there and put my pet on the NMs. They do a lot of dots and aoe debuffs, so it is pretty bad. Eles, yeah no

Escha: This is where PUP would shine, if your Automaton did any dmg. Mostly all the NMs in this zone are nuking or pets. Your Automaton can tank the nms, and that is about it with a pet DT set and manuevers. If you want to bring your Automaton as a DD, you're pretty much a wasted spot

Delve 1/2: Too many Aoes once you get to the boss. Your automaton can live, but it will pretty much cost you DPS to keep it alive. Best pet is having it on whm or rdm out of range.

Skirmish: Does fine here. Only downside is in Yorcia Alluvion your Automaton will aggro the stronghold mobs if you run by with your automaton out
    Vagary: I've never been able to take my pup there. I have done them all on another job but I can see the auto tanking and holding some of the mobs off of the group. I have been there and have seen some events go south once the tank goes down and no one else could keep the hate of some of the mobs off the mages.

Escha: I've done this with pup a lot. Some NM's you can use DD and some you can use your tank. My gear is pretty good and my auto doesn't have Acc issues. So if a player can melee dd then so can I and my auto so saying its a wasted spot is completely untrue.

Delve: I have also done with pup multiple times. The tank auto does best here. Many Aoe and silly status ailments make meleeing a pain but the auto can stay there and dd and tank the bosses. I personally do not have KKK but from doing Delve and Escha the way I do, I've started working on it. I need a way to not overload for a long period of time because I use light maneuvers a lot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Darthmaull; 06-13-2015 at 03:40 AM.

Previously, I mentioned that the development team was looking into a way to lock a weapon skill that an automaton would use; however, our plans to implement this have changed.

One portion of the concept for automatons is how they act independently, and as such we have no plans to make adjustments in a way which would allow you to control when and which weapon skills they execute.

Rest assured that we'll be making further adjustments as we move forward by both tuning automatons and adding new attachments.
    (0)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I know this is off the thread topic but an attachment that would help the auto hold hate like gesso trust or that RUN trust (can't remember his name at the moment). Presently even with both strobe attachments equipped I can still rip hate away after a short time. Better hate holding would lead to me not holding back. That would also help in group play if there is no tank or if the tank dies. We could fill that role.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    As long as future adjustments arent as bad as that awful amplifier.... Thing doesnt even work. In fact most of the last round of attachments were pretty worthless.
    (0)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Seriously, I got more out of the ranged penalty removal from drum magazine. repeater seemed like the only real good attachment we got.

How about some serious magic damage + attachments, and one that makes auto spam nukes, but lower tier? (but will use higher tier nukes for magic bursts if it's possible for it to predict it.)

And please, let us have equipment that gives massive gains to the automaton, at a cost to master output, similar to how bst plays now. our flexibility is our strongest point, yet all our best gear is for the master, making us just a monk with a weak pet. while there's nothing wrong with that, it would be nice to switch things up as the situation calls for by letting us seriously pimp out our nuke bot, our healing bot, and our melee/ranged bots.
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast