Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This is the bst forum, in a thread specifically related to bst. If you wish to request shields for other jobs post in the appropriate forum.
    (3)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah and when the topic of daggers come up in the thf forum, sometimes dnc gets brought up, because both use daggers. Lots of jobs use shields. You start a topic even in the bst forum about shields, other jobs that use shields are going to get brought up.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Please stop trying to derail this thread. We are discussing shields having sic/ready ability recast -5 for beastmaster.
    (3)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You derailed it first.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Ok, Ulth is just here to be childish and troll. Anyone else have an opinion?
    (3)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    No Seriously go back and read. I said that there were no good ilvl shields for any job that uses shields, then you start in about rdm. You seem to be doing a lot of finger pointing, but just remember when you point your finger there are three pointing back at you.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

I guess, Derailment applies to this as well....;/ ??

Bump: You know the Parrying skill was applied to give weapons the block ability that shields were meant to do as to give some weapons the same chance of a shield.. Just saying and yes lot of jobs could use a shield and a buffed up shield to match todays par for it but dmg have to be increased to match that loss of 2nd weapon or a weapon that counts as two weapons by itself...

Okay, hope this my only reply i'll have here as i'm sure in a moments notice i'll be reminded how its not matching the bst thread since its not matching this guys hears content on intended events to happen, Laters!!
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 06-11-2015 at 04:34 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Way to miss the point. Saying that rdm isn't supposed to melee because that's not what most people use it for is like saying bst isn't supposed to melee because that's not what most people use it for. Seriously what is with all the solipsism. I say there should be more shields for all jobs and you guys are all like "nope, only bst matters". Every job without dual wield and uses 1 hand weapons should have a decent option for a shield.
    Way to miss the part about until last update most bsts meleed and the job was designed to melee or how they actually are in the heavy DD gear slots or how the very reason bsts don't DD much right is a combination of the last update and the fact they have to switch in and out of a non ilvl weapon. Should also add SE has come out several times saying they were balancing so that master + pet dmg would compare to other DDs. Bst is a melee rdm is not period.

So your comparison again is stretching it to say the least. And again with point I was making before you derailed into but these other jobs can melee too bst is the only actual melee that pretty much has to use 1hd weapons that has neither good shields nor native dual wield. And yes every post you've made in this thread has been a derail of what about this job or that job or job number 3 or trying to assert mages and buffers or ranged jobs are just as much melee as bst.
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 06-11-2015 at 10:26 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You act like what I said was a new concept, but it's been going on for years. The only reason it stopped is that bst's pets didn't scale with ilvl. Now that pets have caught back up it's back to how it was. And my comparison isn't off at all. Rdm was designed with melee in mind. It's why it gets the fast cast trait, so it can spend less time casting, and more time attacking. It's why it has all those self target only spells that help with melee like temper and enspell. Much like the reason dnc didn't have an A in daggers rdm had ways of lowering their targets evasion and defense. Only now everyone can cap fast cast, buffs/debuffs are needed for any job to cap attack/accuracy, and to land debuffs other than dia rdm has to use a staff. So even though rdm was designed with melee in mind what it has become is a backline buff/debuff machine.

And again, I'm not the one who derailed this. You said there were no good ilvl shields for bst. I agreed and expanded stating there aren't good ilvl shields period. Well there is one now, but only war will ever use it, and even then they will complain about how it takes SU2. But even pld the job that is synonymous with shields still use level 99 ones. Malthar is the one who turned this into a discussion about pigeonholing jobs. I personally believe that many jobs are flexible enough to fill many roles. My calling bst just a pet job was rhetorical, trying to point out the hypocrisy of him saying those other jobs can't melee. I even stated it in my conclusion of that post that I think bst should melee. Or did you even read that far, and just assumed I was anti-bst after the first line?
    (0)

I get that you're essentially agreeing BST should melee, but I don't think it can be compared to RDM. it not even close to the same thing. BST can do absolutely nothing when not meleeing that doesn't rely on a sub job, RDM can... It can cure, debuff, buff, etc all with its own natural spells. BST has no natural spells and no support abilities, so it has nothing to do when not meleeing, clearly meaning it was designed to be slashing things with its pet. RDM has a ~B skill rating in its combat skills, decent enough but clearly not its main purposes, where as BST has an A- Axe, clearly a skill rating deserving of being a Melee. It also wields Axes, the strongest one handed weapon (pure base damage wise). All of these things point to BST being designed as a Melee DPS with a pet, having the Master doing the most damage (Since pets really kind of sucked hard before all the patches post 75).

The backline of BST was adopted in solo play, when fighting things that should realistically be unsolo-able, but exploited the fact BST could throw endless amounts of mobs at the enemy so long as there was something in range to charm. But this is true for any kiting class. BLM, RDM, BST, SMN, all of these jobs will stay at range when fighting something powerful. but RDM also has some fights they melee on, and BST as well ( I know I fight in AA's even when I solo).

Anyway, I know its not entirely your point and you agree they should melee, I'm simply pointing out that comparing it to RDM was a bad choice as they clearly have different intentions, as RDM is more of a jack-of-all-trades where as BST was clearly designed similarly to DRG, a Melee with a pet.

But yah, I.lv Shields...? Didn't they just add Deliverance or something? I thought it was neat... I know when I use shield on BST i used Beatific Shield +1, Magic.D.Taken-25% is pretty invaluable in some fights. What particularly are you looking for in i.lv shields? Pet buffs? That'd be cool too... some BST-helping shields would be really nice considering BST has no native Dual wield and the only BST_shields I can think of is Pallas' Shield...
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast