Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If you want a fight that's a bit more challenging, just do the high tier version. It's not like it isn't literally the same mission fights, even with the same in-battle cutscenes, just made for high level. You can't say 'it's not the same' because capping down to make it harder wouldn't be the same either. The fact is, nothing would be. And wanting to go back and play classic fights is probably one of the reasons they implemented high tier mission battles in the first place.

We don't need an arbitrary level cap function to relive these battles. We already have a feature for that.
    You still seem to be missing the point and grasping the idea of this suggestion. A new player or someone returning to the game and having to start over would benefit from this more than anyone that's been playing for X amount of years. Also the High-tier mission battles are only accessible to those who have already completed the initial fight have reached lvl 75 and accumulated enough merit points to access those fights. Also, unless you leveled your character and unlocked smn prior to doing any of the story missions I doubt you did all the missions on smn especially the nation rank missions on your first play through the game.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Something I remember about a few level capped area's!

I remembering back to when the craigs promia area's where capped with mobs that were not added yet to accommodate the removal of the level cap, and the sewers or cave tunnel areas inside of tav or surrounding area's of tavnazia. You couldn't solo level those area's all that well as you would be able to today since introduction of trusts and you had to at least one person with you otherwise you could die easy in those area's when the level cap existed would be put upon you after zoning into the zone. Party placement set up was a must back then especially for exp parties back then where it would change the area or scene area based on the level you were at in leveling up a job as well.

They probably would have to put a block on using trust for your nostalgic feel needs to be met too. LOL!!
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Evogolist View Post
    You still seem to be missing the point and grasping the idea of this suggestion. A new player or someone returning to the game and having to start over would benefit from this more than anyone that's been playing for X amount of years.
    How would they benefit? Anyone else could just sync to them. The described feature isn't needed for this. And while I still view it unnecessary, they could just restore the old caps for the fights but make them optional. 99.9999% of people are still going to do it with the cap off, but for the 5 people who want to subject themselves to artificial restrictions, it's there. This would likely be easier to do because those battlefields already had caps in the past. I still dont think anyone would actually use it though, because we already had optional level caps in Assault and zero out of zero people ever actually used them.

They probably would have to put a block on using trust for your nostalgic feel needs to be met too. LOL!!
    Good luck finding a party of other people to go with you >.> One of the reasons these restrictions were removed was because of the declining number of people participating in the content, therefore they felt the restrictions needed to be removed in order to allow newer and less active people to progress. It's about demand. Hence why I doubt they would reinstate these things because almost nobody would want to do it.I even suspect that some of the people asking for it would end up not doing it because they can't find enough like minded people.

It was really the social experiences, and friendships forged,and such that made the early days of XI so great. No new feature or anything else for the sake of nostalgia can bring that back. It will not be the same. That's just the way things work. I can go back and play super mario bros on the NES right now, and it will be fun, but it won't be the same as the first time I played, when I sucked at it, didn't know about the warp zones, etc. We all want to get back those original experiences, but it just isn't possible.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-06-2015 at 04:06 AM.

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I might buy what oyu're saying if those level cap battles were ever a challenge in the first place, but they weren't.
    Uhh, you can speak for yourself there. CoP gave me, and certainly many others, our fair share of headaches.

It's pretty insulting for you to tell me what it had to be or what I did, because I know what I did and I know what my experience was like.
    Why not? You came in here first doing the exact same thing
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    Uhh, you can speak for yourself there. CoP gave me, and certainly many others, our fair share of headaches.

Why not? You came in here first doing the exact same thing
    So just going to play eye for an eye eh?

Systems already exist to give current players experiences similar to what they originally felt with this content. If you want Tenzen or <insert big CoP battle here> to be hard, go play it on VD. If that's not hard enough, then dial back your gear. And if there isn't a high tier version of <insert fight here> then there should be.

I can all but guarantee you most new/quit-long-time-ago-just-came-back people would rather clear the required mission fights easily so they aren't left in the dust for the current mainstream content.

I stand by this and thus I move on, since your mind is made up as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-07-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2